ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Sad Band Prediction

Posted by GuitarPlayer1971 

Sad Band Prediction
July 15, 2003 07:42AM
Although I am a HUGE Nine Days fan, I have a feeling that by next summer the band will break up and John will start something new on his own.

A lot of people already have So Happily Unsatisfied from the web, and Good Friend has already had radio air time. This does not bode well for the new album.

Also, perhaps it is in Brian's best interests to separate from the band since John is clearly the front man at this point. I mean what are the chances of a Brian song being released as a single off of a Nine Days album? I would think slim to none, since most people will not identify his voice right away the way most people know John's voice from Story of a Girl.

Anyway, I hope that I am wrong about the future, but I want to see what other people think. So?
Re: Sad Band Prediction
July 15, 2003 10:35AM
your wrong if he was going to do that he would have done it after the sony mess and vinny& jeremy leaving , as for people having "SHU" from the web it was the band who put it there also good friend isn't the single anymore it'll be Favourite Song as per JOHN !!!
July 15, 2003 11:20AM
i know this is an open forum
and you could end up being 100% right about the future
but what a horrible thing to present to a bunch of hardcore nine days fans. i can't see you getting much but backlash from this.
July 15, 2003 12:18PM
>> Also, perhaps it is in Brian's best interests to separate from the band since John is clearly the front man at this point. I mean what are the chances of a Brian song being released as a single off of a Nine Days album?

There are at least a couple of recent precedents for this: "Fire Escape" by Fastball and "Promises Broken" by Soul Asylum.
July 15, 2003 11:08PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
July 16, 2003 01:08AM
I think you're right. If this new label thing hasn't happened by this point of the summer it probably won't.
July 16, 2003 02:42AM
you might be riught in your prediction...God only knows and time will only tell

but personally enjoy the moment now with nine days and not worry about what is going to come of them years months etc down the road....because if you do, you loose sight in whats going on now and you'll regret the fact that you didnt enjoy and savor the moments now

I wonder what its like to be remembered- John Hampson
July 16, 2003 02:43AM
I cant concentrate or argue something like this, that no one can decide what happends but the band. Where they have gotten so far is by the choices theyve made, the albums so far were created by their opinions and choices for what is best for the band, my opinion is for them to go in whichever direction they chose and feel is best and that direction i will follow and support. (no matter how it goes because the whole John/brian thing doesnt matter to me. They are a band of equal talent and egual partnership to me) and the lack of brian songs on this album are his fault, i believe the band said he has less because he wrote less. You cant put something out that hasnt been written.
July 16, 2003 03:04AM
Sorry everyone, I was just venting my frustrations as a fan. I have loved this band since I first saw them by chance at the Bitter End about five years ago.
July 16, 2003 03:06AM
don't apologize for your opinions
July 16, 2003 05:00AM
The reason (as adreamerseyes said) is simply John wrote more songs then Brian, not Sony or some other force forcing John as the frontman. John had reached a very emotional point in his life in between albums (The breakup/marriage) while Brian was still in relatively the same spot emotionally. I think John said 75% of the 30ish songs they wrote/recorded were by him, and that the ENTIRE band (Including Brian) decided to include mostly the John songs. Yes, it is possible for the band to breakup, but thats true for any and all bands out there.

If you wanna see John's post on the subject, it was back in May I believe (And the topic had 100-200 posts if I'm correct)

Post Edited (07-16-03 14:01)
July 16, 2003 05:24AM
Wow, I don't even know what to say.
I love Nine Days, I love the guys past and present, and I love what they stand for and what they are doing.
I must admit that it is frustrating that things aren't taking off for them, but they ARE trying.
I agree that it seems like everything is up in the air with what is going to happen to them and at times it seems like it's over, but until I'm told that that it is I'll still be here.
I guess what I'm trying to say is please stay optimistic.
What ever is gonna happen, will happen, and if they do go their separate ways all I have to say is thanks for the best 4 years of my life.

Lisa
July 16, 2003 06:00AM
July 16, 2003 06:17AM
theyre talking ratio wise.
im sure john wrote more than the 10 or so tracks he contributed, as brian wrote more than 2 tracks.
but lets say john wrote 50, and brian wrote 16.
clearly thats just an example, but not every song written can be put on an album but the more you make, the more you're entitled to on the album.
July 16, 2003 09:31AM
yeah, i've thought that maybe they might break up ...but i dun think that will happen. for one, i know they were an "independent" band for quite a while, and even put out their own albums. then they struck it huge with A (SoG)
...makes you think that maybe, we, as fans are hopeing for them to explode again into a nation wide known band.
personally, i'm starting to realize that the best bands aren't the ones that have the expensive videos and guest TV appearences. but the smaller ones, in a sense, that are more "in touch" with their fans and music.

just an observation...

~Ryan~
July 16, 2003 09:55PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π