ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

all things must pass...

Posted by johnhampson 

all things must pass...
February 25, 2003 05:14AM
the hardest thing about a band member leaving is accepting that the music will change...some of my favorite bands have lost original members...Pearl Jam is a great example...they have never topped the first record in my opinion...and after Dave Abruzzese (the second drummer) left, their sound changed quite a bit...but, i still love every record they've put out...and i remember Eddie Vedder saying that if it werent for Jack Irons joining, there would be no more Peral Jam...i wont go so far as to say that its the same case with us, but its close...i wont say anything bad about Vince...we just dont see eye to eye on a lot of matters and it got to a point where it wasnt fun anymore...unfortunately its as simple and complicated as that...ninedays is NOT breaking up...i have too much love for the music we've created and the fans/friends we have made to throw in the towel...we will move on with a new drummer and yes, it will change...but its either change (evolve) or stop altogether...i'm chossing to evolve...the funny thing is that the first half of "Something To Listen To" is all Keith Zebroski on drums and its always had a special place in my heart...it was the first recordings ninedays ever made...Vince joined the band shortly after and the sound of the band CHANGED...it wasnt better, but it was an evolution...i love the records we did together also...now, we move on again...to qoute Tom Petty, "the future is wide open"...
on another note, if you've read the NEWS section, you also know that Brian, Jeremy and I have also been working on side projects...this is because we love to write music and we all needed a moment to step outside the ninedays drama and CREATE...i will be putting up some MP3s of my new songs and even playing a few shows with some friends in a short while...dont worry, i'll keep you posted...as always....john hampson
Re: all things must pass...
February 25, 2003 05:50AM
thanks for clearing that all up, johnny boy. yawning smiley)

~lori~
February 25, 2003 06:04AM
i love those lyrical sidenotes you always include. could you be more musician? haaaaaaa. im just kidding, they are rad.

...and the pearl jam thing is funny until you remember that john had long hair.

but on a serious note, that was a nice way to put it. im sure we all appreciate the note.

p.s. - we toldddddd you amy.
February 25, 2003 06:16AM
Thanks John. I will continue to support Nine Days no matter what direction you guys take.
Unless, of course, you go a la Backstreet Boys, then I might jump ship. winking smiley

And if you ever feel so inclined to do some side project shows outside of NY and more around my neck of the woods, hell, I'll be there too.

February 25, 2003 06:16AM
thanks for the update...I think every band should evolve anyway, even if they never lose a band member. It's unfortunate that Vinnie had to leave, but it's great to know you guys are moving on.

BEN
February 25, 2003 06:20AM
OH Lissa, come on... everyone knows about your secret backstreet boys love.... smiling smiley Anyhow, if any of those side project shows are our way, you know we'll be there! smiling smiley

On another note, <<<<<<i'm chossing to evolve...>>>>>>> wow, who failed spelling in grade school?

Colleen

Post Edited (02-25-03 15:27)
February 25, 2003 06:29AM
john forgot to mention the fact that the beetles had 2 drummer....and once ringo joined....they because the best band in history....

so....that just shows that change is not always bad

I wonder what its like to be remembered- John Hampson
February 25, 2003 06:56AM
Thanks John....you are awesome for just sharing us with that and not leaving us all wondering. Most bands don't even take the time out to really care. Thank you for that.

See you March 28th!! WOOHOO!

~MeLiSsA
February 25, 2003 07:37AM
...did we ever doubt that john really cared? no other band calls their fans their friends either...yawning smiley)
i have a *tear....i'm officially crying. geez! i'm SUCH a baby!
February 25, 2003 07:38AM
I can't wait to here the new songs....keep up the good work

~Tommy

&quot;...now everyone elses heartbreak should be measured by my pain, and all the beauty in this world has spirled down the drain...&quot; ~ J-money
February 25, 2003 08:42AM
hey john ,you forgot to say "oh and lou was right we are playing on march 28 not in april !!! my bad "
February 25, 2003 08:45AM
LOL...Lou. You were right...sorry I started the frenzy : (

~MeLiSsA
February 25, 2003 12:09PM
Thanx Jon... i hope the music doesnt change for the worse... but it's all opinion anyway.. I love your guys music.. and it's mainly the Lyrics that have sold me.... they relate to soo many events that have happened in my life... oh geezee.. i don't even know what im talking about...except the fact that I love your music and i don't want you to ever stop making it.. because it's awesome.. it keeps me going from day to day.. it is just plain awesome...... period.. thanx for the update though.. appriciate it lots

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
February 25, 2003 12:10PM
oh yeah.. TOM PETTY ROCKS too

Eric
February 25, 2003 08:23PM
man you ever have one of those months where EVERYTHING goes wrong?? Actually this whole year has just sucked so much ass it isn't funny

just today so many of my photos from overseas have not worked out - i can't replace them and i am so pissed right now, too many bands i love are being screwed by record companies or breaking up, i managed to get screwed by th emusic industry too, university sucks, i am poor and toad is playing all over th estates and i am in australia complaining lol

well good luck to vin and the rest of ninedays

grinning smiley

i will stop complaining now
February 25, 2003 11:03PM
yeah....but Australia is awesome.. You can't complain. I'd would trade places with you in a second. Where in Australia are you?

~MeLiSsA
February 26, 2003 02:52AM
Clare (I hope thats your name) I know what you mean about pictures not turning out. I went to Oz for six months on exchange in hs and went to get pics developed in 1 hr but ran out of time (i was on a tour) so they give me my film back. Well the freakin idiots pulled out the film a bit so it looked like new film and I used the film again. FOUR ROLLS DEMOLISHED! And of course the four rolls from Ayers Rock (uluru or however its spelled) and Frasier Island! AHHH! That was 2 years ago and I'm still bitter about it. Damn 1 hr photo people.

Anyhow, australia rocks. (I stayed about an hr south of sydney, 30 mins north of Wollongong). I might go back next year for study abroad in college!

Colleen

February 26, 2003 05:13AM
After reading John's post I feel much more relieved about the well-being of the band. If my favorite band broke up I would feel very lost. We are so lucky to love musicians that are so great to their fans. Thanks John.

Annetta
February 26, 2003 08:54AM
Lou..

I want a free beer anyway
February 26, 2003 09:06AM

it's really cool to finally see a band who actually cares to personally tell their fans what's going on.
we might not see much of you guys out in the UK, but even so, still my favourite band, and it's good to see how much you love what you do, and that you're not going to break up smiling smiley thanks and good luck x
February 26, 2003 02:26PM
wow. I do have to say that it's very amazing that the band cares enough to actually keep their fans updated, and don't rely soley on the media... speaking of media... this band needs some more media coverage... lets get them back on MTV, THEY DESERVE IT....

okay... i'm tired... but hey, they do deserve it!

~Stef

I owe it all to you, every good thing that I do is you...
February 27, 2003 07:48AM
NO MTV!! yuck! sorry I have a thing agaist Mtv. Go to VH1 or Much Music. They wont ruin the songs by cutting them up or anything.

&quot;I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me.&quot; Our Lady Peace
February 27, 2003 08:00AM
lol, good point, okay, how about putting them back where they belong?! In the spotlight!

~Stef

I owe it all to you, every good thing that I do is you...
February 28, 2003 08:35AM
hey i am in sydney

oh you shoud come and study here - you should come to my uni in sydney lol smiling smiley

oh and my second last rolll of film from la worked smiling smiley aahhah i am so excited

and i tottally feel your pain with the photos - if i ever get to uluru i will take a pic for you grinning smiley
Amy
February 28, 2003 08:51AM
Clare:

Was the one that you took of you and me on automatic at 6:15 am the morning after you stayed in NJ one of the ones that got 'demolished'?

Ames

February 28, 2003 09:57PM
hahahha

you wish lol

i hope not i have not found that film yet it is in the pile somewhere

i hope it didn't i need a pic of me and amy smiling smiley

and your koala will make it one day i promise grinning smiley

there are piles of gifts in my room to be sent to all the lovely american and canadians who looked after me - just ran out of money to send them lol

i just got home from my sisters wedding so after i pay for my dress (on the credit card) i will be debt free and will start to send teh gifts

grinning smiley

hope your cruise was fun mate
March 01, 2003 04:48AM
Thank you John! I will be at pearl jam too... they should be some great shows

thank you for the song "I am still here" it really has brought me through some tough times.
I was wondering (if you don't mind) How do you play it?

Post Edited (03-01-03 13:53)
March 07, 2003 11:38PM
tracy! yeah! i was totally thinking of peter best! THIS IS SOOO MUCH MORE COMFORTING THAN IT ORIGINALLY STARTED OUT TO BE!

March 08, 2003 02:50AM
christina rocks

smiling smiley

I wonder what its like to be remembered- John Hampson
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π