ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

First day of recording...8/15

Posted by johnhampson 

First day of recording...8/15
August 15, 2003 01:49PM
well, we lost yesterday because of the power outage...fun stuff! we managed to get sounds dialed in and then...crash...but, we did get rolling today and it sounds great...so far...want some song titles? ok..."The Devil That You Know" (NOT about any particular record company, by the way), "Nothing Better", "Wonderful", "The Moment", "17 and 33", "29 Year Old Girls"...and some others...we dont have an album title yet, but some of your suggestions are AWESOME...and freakin funny...keep it up and we may use one...i'll post daily updates starting Monday...see you soon.

john

Re: First day of recording...8/15
August 15, 2003 01:56PM
Cool. I can't wait! All of those sound like great songs and knowing you guys they will be. You guys are awesome!

Rock On
August 15, 2003 02:06PM
awesome, can't wait here either smiling smiley

keep up the good work guys

~Ryan~
August 15, 2003 02:47PM
I've been obsessed with Nothing Better since I heard it at one random Downtown show last year so yay!!

I was feeling 29 year old girls and Wonderful too.

I love having things to look forward to

!

~Diana
August 15, 2003 03:09PM
dropped off my common sense
on four mile road
bad to the marrow
and sour to the bone
salty like an ocean
I know you wanna swim
I think you're wonderful
you're wonderful, you're wonderful

john u know u wanna name it SOFIAS

~SOFiA~

"you wont hear me, still you endear me, now..woo woo"
August 15, 2003 03:35PM
Thanks, John!

Those titles sound intriguing...can't wait to hear them.

- Brian
www.3eb.co.uk
August 15, 2003 04:56PM
We may be able to think of some great album titles.. like SHU was a great idea.. but i think the musicians should come up with them.... to hold true to the music... perhaps it should be something like "The Aftermath" or something like that... something independant.. so show your not stuck with the corporate world anymore.. just like Tom Petty wrote "The Last DJ"... i dunno... i havnt heard any of the music.. so how could i possibly come up with anything.. anyway..yeah... oh wow.. im getting so excited to hear a track... keep up the good work John

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
August 15, 2003 10:49PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
August 16, 2003 02:43AM
yawning smiley)

Do you think he liked "John and Brian Battle Mecha-Godzilla in Death Swamp"?

I hope so!

August 16, 2003 03:11AM
W O N D E R F U L ?!?!?!?!
If that song makes it on the album, I'll wet myself. It rocks.

August 16, 2003 08:08AM
<<"17 and 33">>

Now which member of the band is 33?
August 16, 2003 08:16AM
<<Daily updates? I love this band, man. Rock on.>>

They did daily updates with SHU, and yes they do rock.
August 16, 2003 04:28PM
it's great that u guys are finally out there doing what u should.....making music, and not having to worry about anything but the music. keep it up,

~Tommy

&quot;...now everyone elses heartbreak should be measured by my pain, and all the beauty in this world has spirled down the drain...&quot; ~ J-money
August 16, 2003 10:26PM
August 17, 2003 12:34AM
woooh thanks john for another update!! whoa Genisis dont u think its cool he actually read ur post?! grinning smiley
August 17, 2003 12:45AM
August 17, 2003 12:55AM
sorry i was too lazy to read all those posts above hehe. sorry.
August 18, 2003 06:47AM
Maybe you should title it "The Devil That You Know"...of course not after the record company. smiling smiley
August 19, 2003 10:47AM
I have an idea for the album title Mr.H....

'Rise of the Phoenix'

It holds symbolically in the name a lot of what NineDays has come through to release this next record. The Phoenix is a mythical creature that can never die; instead, a newer more beautiful Phoenix rises from the ashes of the fallen, to continue to enchant and mystify.

I would hope that NineDays, thanks to the 'Sonysaga'; have risen from the ashes as a stronger band, a band who have pulled through the hard times to emerge with the most colourful plummage yet.... and if all this holds true, then the next record to follow SHU will show to be a true labour of love, focus and just downright stubborn grit and determination to succeed. As the reformed, reworked and reborn NineDays continue in their harmonious journey through the medium of music.

A pheonix rising, if ever there was one.....

Plus there is the added (hidden) symbolical, two fingered rock star salute, to Sony: 'This band is going strong, we have returned, and this time; there is nothing you can do about it.'

Which is quite a satisfying reason for the choice in itself.....

yawning smileyP

Other titles to consider:

1/ Beware : The Groupies

2/ Im famous- Buy me a Beer. < (A t-shirt design in the making me thinks!)

...and....

3/ That hairy man in the front row winked at me...... which was worrying.
(aka: 'THMITFRWAMWWW' pronounced 'ta-mit-fra-wam-woah')

Post Edited (08-20-03 15:36)
August 19, 2003 10:58AM
Also, on an added note, I just read a post about changing the name of the band...... I can't fathom why that would be a good idea.

1/ NineDays is how we all know the band collectively. Both compulsive and casual fans. Therefore: free publicity from those who remember.

2/ It is taken from a song that dates back to the roots of the bands birth.

3/ It is NineDays that survived the 'Sonysaga' so why give anybody the satisfaction of killing off the label, the logo, and the name. Lets all hope Sony get sick to the back teeth of hearing of it in the near future.

...and finally.....

4/ NineDays is a bloody good name. Besides which what do you buy the music for?.... The label or the lyrics?.......

Post Edited (08-20-03 15:37)
August 19, 2003 09:22PM
August 23, 2003 03:48PM
bump

has anyone heard '17 and 33'? it'd be interesting to know who wrote it....w/ a title like that the possibilities of lyrical content are endless.....
August 23, 2003 04:18PM
<<has anyone heard '17 and 33'? it'd be interesting to know who wrote it....w/ a title like that the possibilities of lyrical content are endless.....>>

I dunno why, but it makes me think of a relationship between a 17 year old and a 33 year old.
August 23, 2003 04:34PM
i enjoyed The Benjamins reference, SAB14. you must be a big fan of Sofia on the Stereo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π