ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Everclear.......

Posted by Sketch01 

Everclear.......
August 30, 2003 07:12AM
I don't have any of their stuff, and I think I remember them being ok.

I've found an album on offer. Is this one any good?

Everclear: So Much for the Afterglow

Or is it on offer for a reason?......

Re: Everclear.......
August 30, 2003 07:16AM
I don't own that albumso i'm not sure about. I do own two of their other albums and they are great so i would expect that it is also good. I think i have heard the single which was a good song. Hope this helps

Rock On
August 30, 2003 10:26AM
get it. it's great.

some songs you might know on it....

"Everything to Everyone"
"Father of Mine"
"I Will Buy You A New Life"

that's a great album

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
August 30, 2003 12:56PM
yeah i enjoy that album quite a bit my self...get it
August 30, 2003 05:51PM
oh right and once for spanish class in 7th or 8th grade we had to bring in some Spanish song or other and explain it to the class only i forgot but i had been listening to Everclear and so i decided to use "El Distorto de Melodica," which is an intrumental on "So Much For the Afterglow," and needless to say, the teacher didn't like it

not really anything of merit but i thought i'd share anyway

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
September 23, 2003 07:59AM
still 1 dumb f ck.
September 26, 2003 04:39AM
im not a big everclear fan...

September 26, 2003 05:41AM
I only know the song they did for "Rock Star". It sucked s**t out of a dead dog's ass, to quote Ian Watkins.

Actually it wasn't that bad, but I've always wanted to use that phrase. I'm sure they've done better songs.

September 26, 2003 07:08AM
their single back in march "Volvo Driving Soccer Mom" didn't go over to well i believe...

it's interesting because 3 "post-grunge" era bands realeased singles at that time, Hootie and the Blowfish with "Innocence" (if memory serves), Everclear with "Volvo Driving Soccer Mom" and Third Eye Blind with "Blinded"

all three were huge bands in the mid-late 90s, the singles didn't go anywhere

~Ryan~
September 26, 2003 07:21AM
Third Eye Blind are post-grunge? I'd have called them alternative rock or pop-rock. 3EB are way too beautiful and melodic to be pinned with something as brash as grunge.

Not that there's anything wrong with grunge, but 3EB ain't it.

September 26, 2003 07:32AM
Mr. Pudding, you are correct. Everclear does have much better songs than Volvo dirving soccer mom. I own that album and Volvo driving soccer mom can't even compare with some of the other songs.

Rock On
September 26, 2003 12:07PM
Everclear is playing in louisville on sunday.
September 27, 2003 12:19AM
volvo driving soccer mum is just a very shitty song. it sucks. that song has been stuck in my head for like three days, yesterday it was over....but now its in my head again..but only the 'nana, nana' part...argh so annoying!!!

October 08, 2003 04:20AM
RIP EVERCLEAR.
the album is AMAZING it will change your life. they were purely alternitive and innovative. i miss them.

October 08, 2003 04:34AM
santa monica is their best song. everything else by them sounds like father of mine. that's not necessarily a horrible thing, but it gets repetitive after a while.
October 08, 2003 08:53AM
I just heard they broke up. not true?

"I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me." Our Lady Peace
October 08, 2003 01:11PM
they just released another album... what're you talking about break-up?

and Summerland is their best song

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
October 08, 2003 01:54PM
They are supposedly taking a two year break, but they shut down their website and Art (the lead singer) is releasing a solo album in 2004

"What do you love about music? To begin with...everything"
October 09, 2003 03:31AM
actually normal like you is their best song AND yes they announced that they broke up.

they're all moving on. but it was amazing while it lasted eh?

October 09, 2003 06:24AM
they broke up before and Art was going to release his solo stuff and it turned into more Everclear albums, so we'll see. we'll see.

and no, chr*st*na, Summerland is better than Normal Like You

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
October 09, 2003 06:38AM
so they really broke up? whoa.

October 09, 2003 03:42PM
thats the last i heard ;o)

actually right not i'm digging sunflowers.

October 12, 2003 06:44PM
Everclear used to be awesome, So much for the afterglow is a kick ass album, it seemed to go downhill from there, but then there will also be people who believe that there new stuff is their best. I enjoyed "Wonderful" I thought that was a good song.

3EB are awesome! I absolutely love their new album, it's different to their earlier stuff, but I think this album is more powerful. It's a pity to hear that "Blinded" never took off, I thought it was a great song...being in New Zealand we only really get stuff by new popular bands, not so much older bands that were popular in the mid-late 90's so needless to say there has been no mention of 3EB.

While we're on the subject...any news on vertical horizons new album? They seemed to suffer the same fate as Nine Days...no more label!
October 13, 2003 01:52AM
Their new CD "Go" was just released

"I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me." Our Lady Peace
October 13, 2003 02:22AM
like i mentioned, Hootie and the Blowfish, Everclear, and Third Eye Blind.
huge in the mid-90s post grunge era ...just haven't taken off again.

Everclear just broke up.
I'm waiting for 3eb to be dropped, considering their 2nd single didn't take off and it's been out a month.
And Hootie ..haven't heard anything about them.

on the other hand, Matchbox Twenty ...a product of the same era... are still around and pumping out #1 hits. <shrug> and you have Coldplay, familar but came along later, they're hitting the grammys and mtv. vertical horizon and Live came back along and are getting airplay.

a pity these three bands haven't done the same. interesting

~Ryan~
October 13, 2003 07:21AM
i didn't know 3EB had a new single out...

and Hootie was just on Nickelodian Slime Time Live like three weeks ago

they're going places. i swear.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
October 13, 2003 07:59AM
I don't really understand the American singles system. From what I can tell, the singles aren't actually "released" as a physical CD like in most places, but are dependent on radio and video airplay.

So if - like Crystal Baller - the single has no video, the chart position is decided entirely by radio airplay.... which is decided by radio stations, mostly, with big labels pointing guns at their heads forcing them to play 50 Cent and Shaaaan Paaaal. Ergo, the American chart is decided entirely by big labels and radio executives who want to please big labels. Where's the fairness in that?

Of course I could be wrong, since I like I said I don't fully understand the American charts system.

October 13, 2003 08:37AM
singles are released individually as well and usually come with one or two other songs for the low-low rate of approximately 10 dollars.

and all the radio stations are owned by Clear Channel, so they all play the same stuff because they're all essentially the same

and let me just remind everyone that almost every band you listen to is signed to and receives promotion and money from the evil record labels

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
October 13, 2003 03:33PM
Which is why it's gonna be bloody hard for Nine Days to hit success again like they did with Absolutely (SOAG). I'm praying that i'm proven wrong mind you.
October 14, 2003 11:56AM
i think i'm the only hootie and the blowfish fan in the world (or at least the only one who admits it), and no, the turkey, santa monica is everclear's best song.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π