ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

IM GOING TO THE DOWNTOWN!!!!

Posted by onesongglory 

IM GOING TO THE DOWNTOWN!!!!
February 26, 2003 12:57PM
so i just spoke to some friends and i think i talked them into driving to new york to go to the show. its not for sure yet, because we belong to the financially challanged club, but im still really excited!!!

so anyone who wants to pitch in on a hotel with us, let me know. i know its crazy, but lets give it a whirl...it will be the start of a new tradition.

we could be the insane nine days stalker/groupies!!!

AAAHHHHHH! im so excited!!!
Re: IM GOING TO THE DOWNTOWN!!!!
February 26, 2003 01:04PM
awwwww...that's great!!!!! good luck- I definitely hope your friends decide to take the drive w/yah & good luck w/the hotel situation!

: )

*Val*

February 26, 2003 01:22PM
hey melissa.....check out hotels.com for hotels...it pretty much lists them with prices and everything....of course, if you're driving, it might be smarter to get a hotel out in farmingdale...(as you can tell, i have thought all of this out thoroughly and have all sorts of answers...lol)...if you really do end up going, and you need help with planning, etc. just im meyawning smiley) i love planning stuff like this! it's so exciting!!!
February 26, 2003 01:29PM
Where are you driving from???? Are you going through Michigan??? Do you have a spare seat???? I WANNA GO!!!

Colleen

February 26, 2003 01:47PM
<< we could be the insane nine days stalker/groupies!!! >>

whatever happened to im-going-to-go-to-every-ny-show-even-though-i-live-in-indiana erin?
February 26, 2003 02:54PM
I WILL SPLIT ROOM WITH YOU!

brilliant idea.... everyone collaborate with people in their area, get to NYC somehow, even if it's on group rates with the airport, then we'll all collaborate together and get the rooms set up... this could work...

~Stef

I owe it all to you, every good thing that I do is you...
February 26, 2003 03:07PM
hey colleen, we are driving from wisconsin, so its not exactly through michigan. but if you are serious, im sure we could swing by and pick you up!

and hotel.com doesnt have any hotels listed for farmingdale, can someone tell me another city thats close?

thanks, you guys are great!!!
February 26, 2003 03:20PM
AHH! YES I WANNA GO!

See my post about flying.... but if driving is cheaper... I'm all about that! And I'm looking at mapquest right now... If you know where Angola IN is, its right on the MI/IN border... And I'm (according to mapquest) 97 miles from that... Where are you coming from in wisconsin? And I dont know about hotels... But there is one in NY that is fairly cheap... IM ME if you have IM - supercee13 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Colleen.

February 26, 2003 04:05PM
well, actually we will be coming from duluth, mn its right on the wisconsin border. and im fairly certain that if we drive with four people it will be cheaper than flying. maybe you and whoever you pick up on the way could meet us in angola, because thats on the way for us. im sorry, i dont have IM, but i left my email address in the flying thread.

oh, my goodness, i think i might be getting a little ahead of myself. my friends dont know if they can go yet!!
February 26, 2003 04:14PM
LOL... I could meet you in angola... but what about my car??? I kinda value it... but I'm sure we could figure out a way to keep it somewhere....

AHH! the insanity... I'll email you tomorrow am before i do anything else ok? I've got a few more things to figure out...

February 26, 2003 04:26PM
....about the hotels....i tried a yellow pages search for hotels in farmingdale and all that turned up were ones that sounded like...yucky...best bet might be to get a hotel in the city and take the train out...??? it's only 45 minutes, and it stops right in front of the downtown. it's really easy.
February 26, 2003 04:33PM
thanks a bunch rachel.

im probably going to have to get some more details about the train from you when i know if im going for sure. im kind of a country gal, so i will need really detailed instructions. the last time i was in nyc, my friends and i had some serious issues regarding the subway. it was hilarious.

but anyway, thanks. you're a peach!!
February 26, 2003 04:40PM
ok
im gonna email you right now onesongglory with no name....!

colleen.

February 26, 2003 04:46PM
awww, no problem....if you do end up going, i'll *probably*be coming in to l.i. from the city that day if all goes according to plan because i have some stuff i need to do out there...i've got a lot i need to work out between now and then, but i'll be more than happy to get it all organized for you...i lived there and made that trip a hundred million times, so i know it like the back of my hand...we might even be able to arrange to get out there together so you don't get lost yawning smiley)
February 26, 2003 04:58PM
ooops scratch that... the email wont work... I'll try tomorrow sometime!

Colleen

February 26, 2003 05:38PM
that's right who is still up making plans for the downtown show.......Stef, Colleen and I.....the ultimate fan sacrifice/bonding experience....right?? LOL

"We Rock"

~MeLiSsA
February 26, 2003 05:44PM
and me.
February 26, 2003 05:48PM
oooo sorry. Melissa too. So two melissas a stef and a colleen

~MeLiSsA
February 26, 2003 05:57PM
Hey my email is working now! YAY! I'm gonna try to email ya now Minnesota Melissa! And bounce around some ideas.... But yeah... I dont think flying is gonna go through for me... but we can see....

Colleen

February 26, 2003 05:57PM
thanks. i hate to be overlooked.

but im going to bed now. time to cuddle up to my insomnia.
February 26, 2003 07:13PM
whats wrong with all of you if u need info always ask me i will always find it,

2.6mi away Huntington Hilton
598 Broadhollow Road, Melville, NY 11747
(631) 845-1000
(800) 445-8667 (toll-free)

3.7mi Melville Marriott Hotel
1350 Walt Whitman Road, Melville, NY 11747
(631) 423-1600
(800) 228-9290

13.2mi Wyndham Wind Watch Hotel
1717 Vanderbilt Parkway, Hauppauge, NY 11788
(631) 232-9800

14.5mi Sheraton Long Island Hotel
110 Motor Parkway, Hauppauge, NY 11788
(631) 851-0928

all others are fleabag hotels !!!
February 26, 2003 11:16PM
Lou you are nuts....yeah they are going to spend 80-90 a night. Broke college kids...remember?

~MeLiSsA
February 27, 2003 01:32AM
Hey... is that 80-90 split between four or five or ten or twenty people.... hehehe...

Anyhow. Minnesota Melissa, I just sent you an email... And can anyone explain why I making such an effort to go to this show? I mean I just saw them in Michigan and Illinois... I should be able to manage... and I guess I probably WOULD be able to manage except the fact that all these people are making insane ways to get there... Ahem... Minn. Melissa. So I'm like oh yeah I'll do that too! YAY! Way to spend your money!

Okay... well. Thats all I'm gonna say... Someone else needs to get online and post because its no fun hitting refresh if you only see your messages again... Hmm......

Colleen.

February 27, 2003 04:42AM
Thanks a ton! There is a possibility of us staying with someone, but otherwise... a hotel would always work... We can just all get one room with two double beds and all squash together... and i defnitely dont mind the floor guys! or the bath tub... I've always wanted to sleep in a bathtub...

Colleen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π