ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Marvelously Bitter

Posted by Shiner 

Marvelously Bitter
September 01, 2003 07:03AM
Does anybody else agree with me that the 2 above songs are truly amazing? When I first heard bitter i absolutly fell in love with the song. I liked it so much i sang it at my school graduation a year ago along with a member of my band,obviously had to change a lyric or 2 for the day that was in it, we renamed it "better",i think quite aptly!!
we went in 2 our studio(well my mates garage.........eh!) at the end of the summer and layed down a pretty slick version of marvelous.the passion and whatever it is that brian has really comes through in theses2 tunes,they simply rock!!!!!!!!

Re: Marvelously Bitter
September 01, 2003 07:08AM
I love Marvelous....bitter is pretty good too.

Hey...you are from Dublin? I'm going there in 3 weeks.

~MeLiSsA
September 01, 2003 08:35AM
hey melissa!
yeah im a dub, cool that ur going there! im just back a week after 3 months in spain and my god the weather is shitty. ..u goin on a general holiday or wot? where u from?
September 01, 2003 09:26AM
Hey.....I'm doing a little traveling check out my traveling through Europe and Asia post. I'm going for three months.

I'm from New York....Long Island specifically....wooowooo LI!! LOL

Anyway...drop me an IM or an e-mail sometime. I want to hear about Spain, my friends gave me soem places to go but more suggestions are always welcome.

~MeLiSsA
September 01, 2003 02:19PM
i completely agree about these songs. bitter made me cry the first time i heard it (and i heard it live the first time). when i bought TMC, i kept skipping songs trying to find it cuz i couldn't remember the name of it. for a long time, bitter made me cry every time i heard it live. i think it's just the emotion of it. and as far as marvelous goes, it's my fave off of SHU and again it's the emotion. both of these songs really hit me and i really have to thank brian for writing them because both of them have definately helped me through some rough times. THANKS BRI! :0)

~KT~

"brand new starts make saints of sinners, but i'm doomed 2 live in my past"
September 01, 2003 04:13PM
Yes I agree too! Bitter is just an amazing song. It's the reason I bought TMC. I liked Absolutely so I decided to listen to the album at the store. And although I like all the songs, Bitter gave me goosebumps, haha!
Marvelous is just Marvelous! Especially the part where Brian sings "I am Marvelous!" Excellent!!

John
===============
"We'll never know 'till we try..."
September 01, 2003 08:02PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
September 01, 2003 10:08PM
Well melissa,
espanya is quite cool.i was down the south playin gigs in a little irish bar for the summer+it was really amazing.the whole south is the costa del sol which is really touristy and stuff but if ur there u gotta see porta benus (if u have money to burn) or else go see granada palace(one of the 7wonders of the world) theyre both quite cool.dont bother with madrid.
was in vietnam+thailand last summer and they were brill. get a load of dvds when ur there cus theyre like 1euro each and if ur in vietnam check out the "anphu" hotel. 4 euro a night and its 5 star,crazy stuff!!my sis is there right now+is loving it.
we went through the tunnels where the vietnamese hid during the war and that was definitley an experience to remember......love that place.cambodia is like nothing uve ever seen b4 so go theyre..........hope i was a help smiling smiley
September 01, 2003 10:21PM
I think Bitter is their best song overall. It rocks (half ballad though), it has great lyrics and emotion, and the arrangement is beautiful.

After a horrible break up, I listened to that song every day for about a year. I would play my guitar along with it and rock out to get my mind off things. I even play it on acoustic guitar when I am playing guitar gigs (I play acoustic guitar at cocktail parties).

Brian rocks!!!!
September 02, 2003 02:12AM
first time i heard bitter, "man ...what's up with his voice?" got over that once i listened to the lyrics though

i love the live version of that ...floats around online, think i got it somewhere. i should go listen to it smiling smiley

~Ryan~
September 02, 2003 04:14AM
September 02, 2003 05:20AM
Bitter. i used to skip the song...but one day i was like OK im gonna listen Bitter right now and nobody can stop me...hell yeah!!
and i listened it and...was amazed. that song is so fucking great. the lyrics are great too.

September 03, 2003 04:56AM
this thing sensors **** but not fucking. wouldnt the action of fucking be accepted more than just the word ****? i mean you can get pretty descriptive with the word fucking, but **** is sort of useless. its random. ****.

-Brian
September 03, 2003 05:47AM
September 03, 2003 05:11PM
i stood in the rain for an hour today to get my ID card for school and it still looks like crap though my hair isn't quite as poofy which is ok because you can only hear people say "Hey, jack osbourne" so many times before you want to string them up by their testicles and slap them around a bit.

yeah, bitter's a good song

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
September 04, 2003 12:31PM
bitter is good, but marvelous is phenomenal. it's the best brian song, in my opinion (bob dylan and mexico round out the top three).
September 04, 2003 12:52PM
September 05, 2003 02:31AM
September 05, 2003 12:09PM
you suck. ****. smiling smiley

-Brian
September 05, 2003 12:12PM
can someone please tell me what the hell neden is and where it came from?!?!?! god im so confused. i take a month off and look what happens

-Brian
September 05, 2003 09:31PM
September 06, 2003 01:13AM
Genesis wrote:

> Came from our resident troll-troublemaker who keeps changing
> his nick. I have a pretty good idea what it means, but I can't
> really be sure.

pussy !!!!
September 06, 2003 02:16AM
September 06, 2003 04:45AM
Genesis wrote:

> Yeah, so I was right as usual! Did he ever say so in as many
> words, though, or was it just assumed by some of us?

it's from south park !!!
September 06, 2003 04:47AM
i think you both just confused me more.

-Brian
September 06, 2003 05:06AM
ok. i got it now. thanks again lou

-Brian
September 06, 2003 03:23PM
whata thread

September 06, 2003 09:48PM
September 07, 2003 06:52AM
southpark rulez. seen the movie? its great. shut your fucking face ************ lol....dunno if this phorum sensores things like that....lets see...

September 07, 2003 06:53AM
ah it does sensore things like that!! fucking great! lol

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π