ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

studio update 9/04

Posted by johnhampson 

studio update 9/04
September 04, 2003 01:52PM
well, we finished recording the record yesterday...we will be mixing next week and then we'll post some MP3s that actually work of a few new songs...i am also mixing the last 2 songs of my 'John Hampson Experience' (NOT the actual title, mind you) EP tomorrow and Saturday...and i'll even put up a few MP3s! cant wait for the real autumn, crisp, cold air to revive my senses...

john

Re: studio update 9/04
September 04, 2003 01:56PM
awesome! i can't wait man! rock on john!

-Bryce, Utah
September 04, 2003 03:02PM
quick question...

"I can honestly say, like right now, the negotiating is done, the paper work hasn't been signed yet, but it will be this week and the record will finally come out late summer." -John Hampson, June 16th on WLIR.

So is SHU ever going to be released or is it just strictly the new album now?

September 04, 2003 03:14PM
I can't wait to hear them. Thanks for the update, as always.
September 04, 2003 04:01PM
SHU is not ours to make decisons on...sucks, huh? Sony owns the recordings and we cannot re-record the songs for a minimum of 2 years from now...we had a deal on the table with an indie label...they negotiated a deal with Sony to put the record out...thats when i made that statement about getting it out this summer...that label then started to balk on their promise to 'work' a single at radio...without ANY radio support, we couldnt even get the record in stores or tour...thats when we decided to just record a brand new album...i was already recording songs on my own, so the chance to get a bunch of new music out on our own terms just feels like the right thing to do...not to say that we wont sign with a label again...i think we will when the right situation comes along...NOONE is more disappointed than us that SHU is not 'officially' out...but, we have to move on with our lives...it will eventually work out...i just wont make any predictions or promises anymore if its not entirely in my hands...and SHU is not.

john

September 04, 2003 04:27PM
Thanks for the response and for clearing things up. I wish you all the best of luck and I hope all goes well with the new album.

September 04, 2003 07:02PM
hi john..

i feel sad to hear that..i hope the SHU will soon release..
i know ninedays from dawson's creek soundtrack here in my country..i was tryin' to find the madding crowd in the record store but ive just found it after 2 years of searching..

im the fan of your amazing voice and ninedays' amazing music..really..
mm,how can i get the ninedays' songs mp3?? i mean from which website?? i really wanna hear your new songs..it will so great..

thanks&regds
lizzie
September 04, 2003 09:55PM
i first heard Nine days on dawson's creek 2, me so lame for watchin it *hangs head in shame*

http://groups.msn.com/Andreasoverseaspics/mestup.msnw
September 04, 2003 11:58PM
hey in skool and bored but that news has made me smile : )

thanx john you ARE the best!!!
September 05, 2003 12:23AM
i meen the news bout album but not bout SHU that sux but as u say wot can you do? you just gotta move on.....it betta eventually get realeased though!! hehehe
September 05, 2003 02:27AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
September 05, 2003 03:02AM
kick ass.
September 05, 2003 03:10AM
awesome.. way to go John.. that is a bummer about SHU.. but believe me... to all the true fans... SHU was released.. hehe... anyone who really wants to hear the music has the music.. and down the road in a couple years... if those songs do ever come to head on a record.... we will buy it.... because it's awesome... all of us fans sharing SHU will fellow friends who we try to recruit as fans won't hurt SHU sales in the long run. If shu does get released in a couple years.. and one single of Favorite song... or another one.. whatever single might hit the radio again..... people will like it.. and people will buy it...... and then all will be good.. but lets move on for now.. im tired of listening to shu 24/7.. lol.. im ready for new stuff..

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
September 05, 2003 04:12AM
yeps, im ready for some new stuff too.
cant wait to hear the new album title...and john's album title ofcourse. hey Genisis there's an idea for a new topic...any suggestions for the name of john's new album?

September 05, 2003 08:42AM
Whoever decided to call it 'So Happily Unsatisfied' needs a slap. What an absolute bitch of a curse that was!

SHU: Ye cursed on/off/on/off/on/off album.

New Ninedays album title suggestion: Intermission.

That period between label, and freedom..... haha, label and freedom.

September 05, 2003 09:35PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
September 06, 2003 03:06AM
yay! :0) (not yay about shu of course, but yay for new music!)

kt

ps-- double yay for crisp, cold autumn air......... i LOVE that almost as much as i love a nice snowy winter filled w/ hockey :0)

"brand new starts make saints of sinners, but i'm doomed 2 live in my past"
September 08, 2003 03:01PM
So where can us loyal fans buy this album?
September 09, 2003 12:34AM
Hey John! I got a promo email with info about the upcoming show in Sept. and figured i'd say hello. Sorry to hear about the complications with Sony and the new album. I'm sure it will get figured out eventually! Hope all is well with you and hope you are enjoying your solo time too! I just started my own business (www.hamptonsbikini.com) go check it out if you're bored one day. I signed onto your mailing list so hoepfully one of these days I will get out to hear ya sing smiling smiley
buh-bye smiling smiley
Debbie J
September 09, 2003 04:39AM
I really thought that that screen name said hampsons bikini...and it made me think of that picture of john and brian in bikini's...classic...

oh sof where art thoumoody smiley
Nik
September 10, 2003 12:14PM
when's the next time the band will be playing the LI/NY/CT area? I need to go.

And here I am.
September 11, 2003 01:10AM
Apparently, there is a website/business about my bikini.
*disturbed*

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π