Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What's the latest news?

Posted by Nik 

Nik
What's the latest news?
September 10, 2003 12:12PM
I've been out of the loop for a while, please, someone, tell me what's latest with Nine Days. Is there a set date yet for either album to come out? Projected? A guess? Anything?

I'm tearing my hair out, waiting.

And here I am.
Re: What's the latest news?
September 10, 2003 01:31PM
They have been mixing a new album that they are doing on their own and John has also been working on a solo album.

Rock On
September 10, 2003 02:09PM
ok.. Post The Madding Crowd.... they recorded another album under the Sony record label..(epic).... they got in an argument about promoting the music and such.. ended up getting dropped by/dropping sony.

next step is to try and get rights to their newly recorded album (So Happily Unsatisfied).. they almost got it released under an Indy label, but in the end they find out that they would be in the same boat all over again.. so they can't release (So happily unsatisfied) because Sony still owns the music for the next 2 years.... so they are starting over... new album... they own it.. no record company... blah blah blah.... you can figure out the rest..

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
September 11, 2003 01:24AM
arght....**** THIS Sony MAAN!!!

question: cant n9 for exemple record the musics like be So Happily Unsatisfied but with another names?? then the Sony cant say anything...
...whats about?

------------------------------
"now shut up and listen to the music!" by John Hampson

September 11, 2003 02:02AM
It seems like a lot of hard work for no reason, plus it would cost money -- which an independent band doesn't have lots of. Also, the songs are their art, and they can't compromise or change it just because of a selfish record company. Though as I understand your idea would work, since the record company owns the recordings rather than the songs themselves.

Anyway, I think it would be better for Nine Days to dedicate their time to new stuff (as they are -- yay!) and keep SHU on the back-burner until it legally become theirs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π