ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I'd Go Crazy

Posted by Devil Pudding 

I'd Go Crazy
September 14, 2003 12:15AM
Am I the only one who thinks the Monday Songs version is better than the Madding Crowd version?

On another note, The End of Agent Bobby Roe is twisted. Brian is a maniac!

Re: I'd Go Crazy
September 14, 2003 03:43AM
There was a discussion on this exact same topic, and I think the jury was split right down the middle. I personally think the Madding Crowd version is better, but others will tell me I'm wrong.

Cheran
---
Qui a besoin d'un coeur quand un coeur peut ?tre cass
September 14, 2003 03:52AM
yeah, i like them both. the madding crowd version is cleaner, but the drum beat at the beginning kinda bugs me sometimes, so i like the monday songs version in that sense. plus the lyrics are a little different in the two versions. (Shrugs). don't know. like them both.
September 14, 2003 05:31AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
September 14, 2003 05:47AM
the madding crowd version is much cleaner, like it was said, probably because of the production. i think it fits well with the rest of the album

as for the monday songs version, i think it fits well also with the folk thing they leaned to on that album

~Ryan~
September 14, 2003 05:48AM
i'll agree with that, genesis. the drum beat at beginning is offbeat and weird, but i like how it flows into the song. i suppose i do like the madding crowd version a little bit more (probably cuz that's the one i heard first).
September 14, 2003 11:37AM
I always liked the Mondays songs version better beacause I thought the vocals sounded better and you could hear the guitars better.

Rock On
September 15, 2003 04:00AM
Seeing as my user name is based off of this song I suppose I should comment thought I don't very often...

I also think I like the Madding Crowd version better because I heard it first, and I love the intro. The harmonies are much tighter as well. Also, I think it sounds cool slower like that, but the older version is equally as amazing. smiling smiley

~Danielle~

"You should never let the sun set on tomorrow before the sun rises today"
September 15, 2003 05:23AM
love that 7/8s part, its like if you heard the monday songs one first, you are waiting for that part... they play the first note of it a few times like they are goin to start it, but don't till the end. its like, "yeah, we haven't forgotten about you"

kick ass- love that part

-Brian
September 15, 2003 08:33PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
September 16, 2003 02:39AM
nah I'll go for the Monday Songs one. i dunno its just....the guitarpart is awesome. and u only hear that at the end of the Madding Crowd version...I used to skip the song till that part lol. but not anymore...cuz the 'drumintro' kicks ass too

September 16, 2003 05:25AM
I was the one who brought this topic up a while ago, and I still think "I'd Go Crazy" is far and away the better song.

There's just something about that riff...

Which just makes it a shame that it's just about completely absent in The Madding Crowd cut of the song.

- Brian
www.3eb.co.uk
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π