ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

John's new material?

Posted by Reece77 

John's new material?
September 15, 2003 10:02AM
So I got the email about john's new EP and clicked the link to Reject clothing, and to my suprise they sponser all punk/emo bands. So, is that the direction John's EP goes in? Not that it would be a bad thing, cuz I really like that kind of music. It just seems very unlikley to me....

~Tommy

Post Edited (09-18-03 22:29)

"...now everyone elses heartbreak should be measured by my pain, and all the beauty in this world has spirled down the drain..." ~ J-money
Re: John's new material punk?
September 15, 2003 10:08AM
no its not punk not even close its the most amazing thing ive ever heard in my life
September 15, 2003 10:26AM
you know, i never get these emails

unless it all goes to the junk folder thingie ...hmm gotta check

~Ryan~
September 15, 2003 01:44PM
"no its not punk not even close its the most amazing thing ive ever heard in my life"

cool....so what is it then? i've never heard any of it.

~TOmmy

"...now everyone elses heartbreak should be measured by my pain, and all the beauty in this world has spirled down the drain..." ~ J-money
September 15, 2003 03:10PM
i never get these emails either! it really bugs me.... grr....

~kt

"brand new starts make saints of sinners, but i'm doomed 2 live in my past"
September 15, 2003 03:27PM
whats your email at? i have one at comcast.net and it always fucks with my mail, but my wiu.edu works.....if you have hotmail id recommend ditching that, your provider whether a university or cable company offers free email addresses which are junk mail free....

and might i add -- AOL sucks, esp those new commercials...what the HELL?? how does AOL keep my connection clean, what bullshit they are just dying. whos going to pay 23.95 a month in addition to their broadband fee to use "You've got pictures!" oh wait no one does

sorry i just had to vent

have a wonderful evening

-Brian
September 16, 2003 02:34AM
whats the link to erm Reject clothing or sumthing? never got that email..

September 16, 2003 11:24AM
While you guys dont get e-mails I think I get 5-9 They dont leave me alone

"I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me." Our Lady Peace
September 17, 2003 05:30AM
Actually it is punk. John hooked up with New Found Glory and they decided to write some songs together. They're all about girls and being "diffrent" to everybody else. It has guest appearances from Joel Madden, Tom DeLonge and the little ratty one from the Starting Line.
He's also taken up skateboarding and dyed red streaks in his newly-spiked hair. Expect to hear some new material on a Drive-thru Records compilation or on the soundtrack to a BMX video.

Oh yeah, and it's entirely power chords. All 17 minutes 38 seconds of it.

Of course I'm lying, but it would be kinda funny. Ignore me, I'm bored... yawning smileyP

September 17, 2003 06:41AM
acoustic punk ...interesting

~Ryan~
September 17, 2003 08:02AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
September 17, 2003 08:56AM

the little ratty one from the Starting Line

hahaha

Post Edited (09-17-03 19:07)

~Ryan~
September 17, 2003 09:43AM
Kenny is the man! don't be dissin' my homeboy

......and common now...don't be so stereotipical of punk. sure there are some shitty bands like simple plan, but there a ton of great and innovative punk bands out there...brand new, saves the day, finch, the early november, ect. and not to mention some great drive-thru bands

~Tommy

September 17, 2003 11:48AM
for tommy and anyone else, i've been to his acoustic shows. unfortunately he only had time for a few songs, but the one's i've heard are very beautiful. they are not too dark (not like, scary dark), as the name "Seventeen Minutes and Thirty-Eight Seconds in the Dark" MIGHT imply. but they aren't like the old nine days stuff either... more introspective with pretty melodies and catchy bits. hmm.. i wish i could describe them better, but its hard to remember. from the two times i heard him play "29 year old girl", i can still hum the chorus because it was my favorite. if the rest of the songs on the EP sound like the one's i heard, its going to be fantastic and eveyrone will love them. thats the best i can do!

<<cool....so what is it then? i've never heard any of it.

~TOmmy>>

Post Edited (09-17-03 20:49)
September 18, 2003 01:07PM
29 year old girls isnt on the ep
September 18, 2003 01:28PM
cool. thanx 4 sharing

~Tommy

&quot;...now everyone elses heartbreak should be measured by my pain, and all the beauty in this world has spirled down the drain...&quot; ~ J-money
September 19, 2003 05:31AM
yes, someone just told me that... its on the new album right? either way i love that sooooooooong

lol

September 19, 2003 06:00AM
<<don't be so stereotipical of punk. sure there are some shitty bands like simple plan, but there a ton of great and innovative punk bands out there...brand new, saves the day, finch, the early november, ect. and not to mention some great drive-thru bands>>

how "punk rock" can go from The Sex Pistols to Green Day to Newfound Glory to Finch amazes me

i think it's a disservice to the bands that you listed to label them as "punk" bands. they're bands doing their own thing and carving their own niche in the musical world and deserve no such labeling, pigeon-holing them into some category in which they don't belong and are better than.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
Re: John's new material?
September 19, 2003 11:56PM
September 20, 2003 03:20AM
i think the Sex Pistols and Ramones made some of the most putrid sounding music ever put out, but they started that whole "scene" and so everyone's supposed to like them. i, however, do not.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
September 20, 2003 10:04PM
September 21, 2003 03:58AM
<<i think it's a disservice to the bands that you listed to label them as "punk" bands. they're bands doing their own thing and carving their own niche in the musical world and deserve no such labeling, pigeon-holing them into some category in which they don't belong and are better than.>>

.....yes mike, I realize that these bands are not actually punk in reference to the original definition of the word. But, most people today, including the person I was talking to, know this music as "punk." I was only trying to express myself in words that everyone can understand without over-analyzing them.

~Tommy

&quot;...now everyone elses heartbreak should be measured by my pain, and all the beauty in this world has spirled down the drain...&quot; ~ J-money
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π