ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ot: hurricane isabel

Posted by TUstatchick 

ot: hurricane isabel
September 15, 2003 03:06PM
so the hurricane is projected to come straight up the chesapeake bay which basically means that the entire state of maryland is fucked... i'm going to the store tomorrow to try to find some batteries and water and such... i'm really scared about this whole thing... i hope that if this thing does hit land that everyone on the board is ok! be safe everyone!!

~kt~

"brand new starts make saints of sinners, but i'm doomed 2 live in my past"
Re: ot: hurricane isabel
September 15, 2003 03:25PM
wish you luck

i've been through countless hurricanes so i know how it is

~Ryan~
September 15, 2003 11:31PM
Iv been through a lot of them too...and isabel is fucking up my weekend plans and just needs to disapear into nothing right NOW...why is it the week i want to go to the beach...theres a fucking hurricane?

ugh

Mandy<--a tad pissed
September 15, 2003 11:45PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
September 15, 2003 11:57PM
big hurricane coming through. borderling Level 5 or some such thing. it's gonna be a good time

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
September 16, 2003 02:21AM
Hurricanes usually do alot of wind damage if they're strong enough, this one was category 5, meaning winds of at least 156+mph.

rain, flooding, tornados ...

storm surge

hurricane party

depending on how strong the storm is alot of people do evacuate, although i've always held it out. you stay at home if you don't evcatuate ...lights go out, if you have a battery powered tv or a generator you can watch all the news reporters gettting blown away while trying to tell you about the storm ...hehe

~Ryan~
September 16, 2003 06:40AM
hurricanes r kewl.
September 16, 2003 07:29AM
yeah, they can be pretty cool

til people die ..and that just brings the fun factor down a bit

Post Edited (09-16-03 16:30)

~Ryan~
September 16, 2003 10:15AM
no one really cares when other people they don't know die. they say "oh, yes, that's awful" on the outside but on the inside they're relieved because they and their loved ones didn't

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
September 17, 2003 07:35AM
yeah thats basically it.
But if we get the hurricane that probably means no concert Fri. That sucks

&quot;I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me.&quot; Our Lady Peace
September 18, 2003 03:42PM
The hurricane came through my way and we lost power for a little while and some trees are down but nothing really bad where i am
September 19, 2003 06:04AM
i was disappointed that it didn't come up to New York like it was supposed to.

i was looking forward to wind and stormy rain all day today and what did i get? 80 degrees and sunny skies

-Mike

Post Edited (09-19-03 15:04)

weallgotwoodandnails
September 19, 2003 04:38PM
maryland got hit pretty bad, but it was the flooding that made it bad and the fact that practically the entire state is still w/out power (i, however am not one of those people... shibby!)... other than that it was just a pain in the butt that got me off of school, so yay!

~KT~

&quot;brand new starts make saints of sinners, but i'm doomed 2 live in my past&quot;
September 20, 2003 04:36PM
Wow, that hurricane was weak.....although I have to say I did have the best big mac of my life in that hurricane.....and they did cancel classes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π