ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NICK

Posted by sicpup71 

NICK
September 18, 2003 07:59AM
saw Nick today he looks well and told me he's doing good , also said the new stuff sounds like the old 9days . thought you'd all like to know that info , he sends his best to all and hope's everyone is doing alright too .
Re: NICK
September 18, 2003 10:00AM
woop "old" nine days

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
September 18, 2003 01:06PM
old ninedays like before madding crowd?
September 18, 2003 01:10PM
jp0955 wrote:

> old ninedays like before madding crowd?

yes like stlt,ms,3
September 18, 2003 01:30PM
So in other words he is implying that it is more folk-based rock and less alternative?

~Tommy

"...now everyone elses heartbreak should be measured by my pain, and all the beauty in this world has spirled down the drain..." ~ J-money
September 19, 2003 05:30AM
:::does a happy dance:::

September 19, 2003 05:45AM
<<yes like stlt,ms,3>>

That's acctually kinda dissapointing to me. While I love all three of those albums, I like TMC and SHU far better and had hopes of this one being the same. I'm gonna do my best to hold judgement until I hear it though.
September 19, 2003 05:56AM
yeah i though "old nine days" was The Madding Crowd, which i'll regard as their best album

but oh well

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
September 19, 2003 07:30AM
I'd much rather see Nine Days contuing to move in the same direction as with So Happily Unsatisfied. Bands should never go backwards (except Radiohead, who should go backwards but bloody won't) -- can you imagine if the Goo Goo Dolls started doing bad punk like they did prior to "Hold Me Up"? It wouldn't work.

September 19, 2003 09:31AM
Yea but their old stuff was bad. Ninedays' old stuff is the GREATEST. Monday Songs is probably my favorite album. My point is there's nothing wrong with going backwards if what's behind you is great. They should write the kind of music they want to write, not what labels tell them to write, and not even what the fans want them to write, cause in the end what is it worth if everybody loves the music except for you. They should write it for thekmselves and no-one else.

Rock On
September 19, 2003 01:20PM
yeah but see i'd respect a band much more for going in a different direction and evolving. while So Happily Unsatisfied wasn't my favourite thing by them, i'd take that over another Madding Crowd.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
September 19, 2003 03:36PM
the old stuff is superior to TMC and SHU..at least to me.

Its not radio friendly...but its great song writing at its best
September 19, 2003 09:25PM
I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm not hugely fond of the first 3 CD's -- at least not as much as I am of The Madding Crowd and particulalry So Happily Unsatisfied -- but maybe that's because they hadn't honed their songwriting skills as much as they have now.
Whichever way it falls, we know this is going to be the best Nine Days album yet.

September 19, 2003 11:49PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
September 20, 2003 01:14AM
i think what he ment was it's not a pop cd it's more of a rock sound , b/c i asked if it's a pop sound and he said no more like the old stuff !!
September 20, 2003 10:06PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
September 21, 2003 04:14AM
<<They should write the kind of music they want to write.>>

....I agree totally. and regaurdless of which album you like best, I don't think that Nick saying the new record sounds like the old Nine Days necessarily means what many of you think it does. I highly doubt that it sounds like first 3 records as much as they sound like eachother.....it probably has just a few similar aspects within a unique sound. Remeber all that stuff John was saying about more acoustic guitars, and banjos and whatnot? doesn't sound too much like the old nine days to me.....

~Tommy

&quot;...now everyone elses heartbreak should be measured by my pain, and all the beauty in this world has spirled down the drain...&quot; ~ J-money
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π