ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Interesting lyrical thingy....

Posted by Shiner 

Interesting lyrical thingy....
September 20, 2003 08:02AM
I have made an pretty irrelevant observation that i just thought i might share with all u nine days people..................was listening to "ghosts in a grave yard" today when i noticed brian sang about words off pages and birds in cages. If you notice off SHU he uses those same lyrics in Ocean. Did anybody pick up on that or am I the 1st lucky listener???
I guess he cant be done for plagerism cus he wrote them both.......but I wonder if it was intentional or not? if anyone actually knows, it would be cool if u could tell me

"moon light is magic through the window, when it shines on the one you love"

Re: Interesting lyrical thingy....
September 20, 2003 10:55AM
prolly since "shu" was SUPPOSE to be a major release, and practically nobody will ever hear "3", he thought he might as well use any good lyrics he has. u no?

~Tommy

"...now everyone elses heartbreak should be measured by my pain, and all the beauty in this world has spirled down the drain..." ~ J-money
September 20, 2003 11:29AM
yeah, i noticed that right away when i heard ocean. i thought, "wait, didn't i hear this before" and then i remebered ghosts in the graveyard. but they do that a lot with their lyrics. they talk about hands, the shore, the beach, the ocean, the sand and water a lot. damn, there's a couple of other reoccurring themes/words they have. can anyone else think of any?
September 20, 2003 01:22PM
I put a whole list/chart together before, I don't think I kept it after posting it though.
September 20, 2003 01:23PM
They have two songs about people named Bob if that counts for anything.

Rock On
September 20, 2003 02:12PM
i was thinking of putting a chart together ...shoes, castles, nickels, beaches, etc ...all those things.

but then i realized i wasn't that incredibally bored

~Ryan~
September 20, 2003 04:08PM
In Michelle Branch's album.. within the same album she has the words "pretending everything's ok" after something about just walking away, on 2 songs, three if you count one that has some french lyrics.... this post reminded me of that.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
September 20, 2003 09:24PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π