October 03, 2003 06:17AM
yup.
Re: NICKLEBACK SUCKS AT LIFE
October 03, 2003 06:49AM
very colorful steph...you non- driving hoofer
October 04, 2003 03:47AM
yeah thats what i thought too....till i heard 'old enough'
ok dont hate me for this!! its just a great song and i think u should download it. its not a 'how you remind me' or 'someday' kinda song, its just very...rock. and i think its cool.

the silver side up cd does suck by the way.

October 04, 2003 03:56AM
Lay off Nickelback, my Mum loves them!

October 04, 2003 04:02AM
i like "never again" and that's it by them.
October 04, 2003 04:46AM
Personally i really like silver side up alot. Their new album isn't that great though, there are only a few good songs on. Also it sounds exactly like the last album. I'm pretty sure one song uses the exact same chord progression and rhythm as a song on the last album. Makes me sad.

rock on
October 04, 2003 05:10AM
NickleBack were waaay cool like five years ago when no one knew who they were and they were this trashy looking nirvana wanna be jackass band...i saw them a looong time ago with 3 doors down before anyone knew who they were too and that rocked ass...now i dont like either band ...iv seen NB at least 6 or 7 times...just because they play with other ppl i would like to see gaaag...
October 04, 2003 06:05AM
chad kroeger threatened to drag matthew good into a back alley and beat him with a pipe

nickelback's no good in my book

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
October 04, 2003 09:10AM
hahahahhahah
i can see how he's a bit upset since matt good called his band a bunch of hicks hahahahha and he answered so appropriately, further provoking the insult
October 04, 2003 09:18AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
October 04, 2003 04:04PM
I really love that song Chad Kroeger did with Santana, "Why Don't You And I"...it was on a soundtrack and then they wouldn't let him do the video so they had the guy from The Calling sing it in the video...

~Danielle~

"You should never let the sun set on tomorrow before the sun rises today"
October 04, 2003 04:50PM
if we don't trash bands, what else would we (the people who aren't in bands and don't dedicate our entire lives to creating anything of artistic worth) do with our spare time?

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
October 04, 2003 07:51PM
hahahaha did matt good really say that??

i love matt good but he seems like he coudl be a bit of a high egoed guy

on nickelback though - after chad told us me and my friend about his sex life we decided to run the other way - and thier roadies dos and morgan can kiss my ass - i really dislike them grinning smiley
October 05, 2003 01:26AM
October 05, 2003 07:17AM
Nicklebacks new album is awesome
October 05, 2003 08:56AM
matt good is like the axle rose of canadian rock as far as the ego thing goes, though i think he's plenty deserving. he's started fueds with Nickelback, Our Lady Peace, Radiohead, and a few others, one reason being that they're either not as creative or over-rated, and another being (though he won't admit it) that they broke through big in the states and he didn't. (though people in the U.S. generally have boring tastes in music)

Matthew Good Band (they broke up recently, and Matt went solo, though with the same bass player) was/is a fine, fine rock band, my personal favourite of all time. their biggest single that probably got the most airplay outside of Canada would be the song "Hello Timebomb." other big singles would include "Strange Days," "Apparitions," Weapon,"'Everything is Automatic," and "Alabama Motel Room."

everyone needs to listen to Matthew Good. everyone deserves to listen to Matthew Good. anyone who doesn't listen to Matthew Good either hasn't heard of him or simply has less than stellar taste in music. there's nothing wrong with them as people, but their musical taste simply isn't superb.

go listen to some Matthew Good today. you can also head on over to nationofcool.com for his website.

and that will end this round of being the Matthew Good Promotional Whore on this board.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
October 05, 2003 10:48AM
I like Matthew Good (although not as much as Mike here)
Deep Six.... God that song kicks ass
Hello Time Bomb... how can you not like a song that starts out
"Picture yourself sleepin' on a plane there's somethin' tickin' in the overhead and inside your brain"
October 05, 2003 10:52AM
that line comes from the song "Load Me Up," not "Hello Timebomb."

Hello Timebomb starts off is the "My devil's on rollerskates... Push till it hurts" song

but Load Me Up is a fantastic song, as well. as a matter of fact, all of his songs are superb, and i don't say that simply because i'm a fan. i say that because it's scientific fact. every song is superb.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
October 05, 2003 11:07AM
sorry wasn't thinking, running on three hours of sleep for past two days
October 05, 2003 11:25AM
know what'd get you to operate fully awake and functional?

why, some matthew good, of course

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
October 05, 2003 02:29PM
AHAHA someone else shares the insane love of matt good

i hear he is a really big ass though - lol but that is arlight i just won't ever meet him just listen to his cds

my fave song of his at the moment is "21st century living"
Re: NICKELBACK SUCKS AT LIFE
October 05, 2003 04:03PM
he's supposed to be very cordial to his fans, just not assholes who either think they're better than they are or who take what he says out of context

21st Century Living rocks.

"see, around here ambition throws a non-perishable item in the donation at Christmas, and then pats itself on the fucking back for thinking it's done something decent."

as of this moment my favorite is "Long Way Down"

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
October 05, 2003 09:19PM
October 06, 2003 06:45AM
you shall not be disappointed

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
October 06, 2003 12:21PM
well, the turkey, i'm going to download "hello timebomb" because of your enthusiasm. if you download music, i suggest YOU download music by no knife, specifically "mission control", "charades" or "riot for romance!"
October 06, 2003 12:37PM
so, this thread turned from "nickelback sucks" to "matt good is awesome". No problem with that. I love Mtt Good too. I just need to finish buying his cds. I could say that they're too hard to access in the US, and shipping across the border buying from someone on ebay co$t$.

doug.
October 06, 2003 01:32PM
hmv.com, man

hmv.com

use it to buy all of your CDs. much, much, much cheaper because it's Candian currency and the almighty American dollar is a third stronger.

i got "Avalanche" for about 12 bucks, including shipping

and can i get music from No Knife's website? because i really don't feel like being sued for 34,000,000 dollars

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
October 06, 2003 03:06PM
About the Chad Kroeger and Santana song...

I hadn't heard it was on a soundtrack, but I did read an article about how Nickleback was afraid of "overexposure". Santana wanted to release that song as a single but since Nickleback has this new album thing and a single for it, they gave the song to The Calling... that and the fact that even though Chad wrote it, it didn't "match his usual style" or something like that.

I personally am glad. Alex Band is a way better singer than Chad.
October 06, 2003 10:40PM
try shipping them from canada to oz

now that is expensive
October 07, 2003 02:11AM
yeah, you can download some of no knife's songs off their website ( www.noknife.net ) and go under "sounds". out of those, i suggest you download "the red bedroom", "academy flight song" and "secret handshake". and i downloaded "hello timebomb". good song. i'll download more.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π