ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ok long islanders, i need some info

Posted by onesongglory 

ok long islanders, i need some info
February 28, 2003 06:22AM
so i am making the plans to go to the downtown and i cant decide whether we should stay in the city and take the train out or just stay on long island. does anyone have any advice or reasons why i should do one or the other?

and the hotel on long island that i am looking at is a holiday inn express in hauppauge. is that like a ghetto town? and what about plainview?

thanks a bunch you guys!!
Re: ok long islanders, i need some info
February 28, 2003 06:27AM
hauppauge's kinda far from the downtown. holiday inn express? what's the address of that? hmm im trying to think where it is (hauppauge is like 10 minutes from me)...i'd say plainview is better for getting your hotel, its much closer to farmingdale than hauppauge.

IM me soon and we'll talk about this more if ya want, mm'kay? tklelmo123

~lori~
February 28, 2003 06:35AM
are you driving or flying? to me this makes all the difference because if you fly and decide to stay on long island, you need to get a car somehow...you need to get to l.i. from the airport, make sure you don't get lost, and in that case i would say you should stay in the city. on the ohter hand, if you're driving then long island would be way easier yawning smiley) because parking your car in the city is a nightmare and you'd have to sell your first child to pay for it. if you decide to stay in the city, geting to long island is so easy it's ridiculous. yawning smiley)

rachel......
February 28, 2003 07:05AM
If you are coming in for the show only, rent a car and stay on LI. I cant think of any hotels really close to the Downtown, but with all the parkways here, nothing is too far away. Marriott in Uniondale? Howard Johson on Jericho Turnpike (rt 25) in Westbury?

If you are coming to visit NYC too, and are staying longer than a day or two, stay in the city and take the train to the show.

You will run out of things to do on LI if you are here for any length of time.

On a side note...why are California chicks giving out info when the thread is addressed to Long Islanders?

(running away quickly)
February 28, 2003 07:24AM
we are driving. i would really like to stay in the city, becuase we are going a day early to spend some time there, but like you said parking is a nightmare.

well, the general consensus seems to be stay on long island, so i think thats what we will do.

thanks so much you guys, i cant wait to meet you all!!!
February 28, 2003 07:32AM
You could stay on Long Island and then take the train to the city if you want to spend some time there.

Good luck & have a safe trip!

*Val*

February 28, 2003 07:33AM
ummmm.......just cuz you're all sad that i moved away, scott, doesn't mean you have to go stirring **** up....did i not help at all? did i not say essentially the same thing you did? look, man, i'm having seperation anxiety, okay? :::::sob::::sniff::::::sob:::::: i'm AM a long islander....in spirit, anyway. just shutup and let me have my little chunk of happiness, you big poop!
i'm totally kicking your ass at the show.

rachel......
February 28, 2003 07:36AM
There is a Holiday Inn in RVC, LI which is right next to the train that goes down to Farmingdale that stops near the downtown and goes to the city

"I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me." Our Lady Peace
February 28, 2003 07:38AM
um, excuse my ignorance, but RVC?
February 28, 2003 07:44AM
rockville center?
that's a different line, correct?

Post Edited (02-28-03 16:47)

rachel......
February 28, 2003 08:46AM
there's gotta be closer places then Rockville Center.....Farmingdale is about 25 mins from there. But if you plan on flying to the city and staying on LI and going to the show and going to the city and flying back out...I guess that's not a bad deal. But if you are driving I would look for some places closer....I'll do some research.

~MeLiSsA
February 28, 2003 08:52AM
There are a BUNCH of places to stay along Route 110...or the Rodeway Inn next to the Vanderbilt...that's close too...

Marriott, Old Walt Whitman Rd, Melville
Broadway Motor Inn, Route 110, Farmingdale, NY 11735, (631-249-2810)
Hollywood Motel, 400 Route 109, Farmingdale, NY 11735, (631-694-7100)

Post Edited (02-28-03 18:10)
February 28, 2003 09:24AM
hi andrea!!!yawning smiley)

rachel......
March 01, 2003 02:06AM
rachel is a long islander, fucker. FOR-EV-ER.
March 01, 2003 04:11AM
Lol - Hi, Rachel!
March 01, 2003 07:43AM
yawning smiley) oh steph!

*tear*

rachel......
March 01, 2003 08:16AM
I agree - Rach is forever and always a long islander, bi-otch. yawning smileyPPP

oh speaking of which, rachel dearie, you have a nice little present in the mail! you should be getting it Tuesday or Wednesday. Enjoy it. yawning smiley))

~lori~
March 01, 2003 09:17AM
Broadway Motor Inn, Route 110, Farmingdale, NY 11735, (631-249-2810)
fleabag

Hollywood Motel, 400 Route 109, Farmingdale, NY 11735, (631-694-7100)
no tell motel (don't ask lol)
March 01, 2003 09:53AM
!!!!!!!!! present???? tee hee!!! ::::singing:::::: i know what it iiiiiiiiiis...i know what it iiiiiiiiiis!!!! yay!!!!
if i get it tuesday, won't that be cool, cuz of the show being on on tuesday?? yay!!! we love clay! you made a fan outta me yawning smiley)

i<3 lori

rachel......
March 01, 2003 10:45AM
I went to the downtown last night to pick up my tickets, and they didn't go on sale yet. The go on sale on wed. grr

&quot;I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me.&quot; Our Lady Peace
March 01, 2003 11:08AM
I don't think anyone is looking to stay at a resort, Lou - any place with a bed is usually fine for one or two nights when you're needing to watch what you pay...i was just trying to be helpful :-p

You could rent out your futon or sofa bed for them ;-)
March 01, 2003 11:36AM
you can get them from ticketmaster, I don't know why you can't get them at the box office...that's weird

~MeLiSsA
March 01, 2003 11:51AM
They're being sold at the box office, they're just not being sold yet. Wed. they'll go on sale, so I'll get them then.

&quot;I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me.&quot; Our Lady Peace
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π