ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Questions from a confused but adoring UK fan

Posted by Chris Greenwood 

Questions from a confused but adoring UK fan
November 12, 2003 11:15PM
Being in the UK it's virtually impossible to find out anything about Nine Days and other such bands, I've been a fan ever since (yer I know I'm not old-school) The Madding Crowd came out but I really really love this band and just want to know what's happening with it. Before I start I'll just say I think Brian and John are doing a stunning job keeping the band alive and they're great musicians who deserved to have SHU sell like Madding Crowd did... there aren't many UK fans but we're all desperate to see another album on the shelves.

If anyone can answer any questions I'd be most grateful...

1) The first four albums (Demo, Something To Listen To, Monday Songs, Three) are absolutely nowhere to be found in the UK. I've managed to download Demo and Three, but the mp3 links for the other two albums don't work. Anyone willing to share, or know where to download? Or indeed sell me any of the albums if they have spares?? Or know of anywhere to buy the albums???

2) So Happily Unsatisfied is an awesome awesome album. If you play the mp3s on RealOne player the album details say the album was released on the Epic label, and comes complete with front cover. I thought the album never got released, were Epic the "smaller indie label" they were talking about?

3) John Hampson's two new songs sound absolutely brilliant. Excellent tunes and really good singing as always. Any way to get the album over here without paying a huge shipping fee?

4) The new album "Flying The Corporate Jet" (taking a stab at Sony?) must be released on a label of some sort? If it sells well enough is there any possibility the label (or the band once they sell out an arena tour) could buy the rights to SHU and release it? I heard some copies had been printed and released somewhere, anyone know of this?

5) Slight practical hitch - Nine Days seem to be lacking a drummer?

6) Are the band known as Nine Days or Ninedays? If you go to Amazon.com and type in "ninedays" you get one result, which is for the SHU album so I wondered if they'd changed it.

Any answers to this much appreciated, guess I'll just have to stick with my new Vertical Horizon album until Nine Days finally release a new CD.

Re: Questions from a confused but adoring UK fan
November 12, 2003 11:37PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
November 13, 2003 02:03AM
Cheers for the link and info - I'll keep an eye open for SHU on Ebay and such places. For the moment I will indeed settle for burned copies of the Demo, Something To Listen To, Monday Songs, Three and SHU.

Tracklist for Demo EP

1. Nobody
2. Sel Esteem
3. Tuesday Morning
4. Too Much Love
5. Bring It Back
6. Revolve (demo version of the song that made the album - not quite as clear and crisp but still recognisable quality)

Once again though, anybody know where to get hold of a copy of the pre-Madding Crowd albums?

On a side-note, has the band made its view on mp3s known? Obviously anyone calling themselves a Nine Days fan and not owning Madding Crowd deserves a slap, and the albums I mentioned up top are all reproduced by permission, but will the new albums be put up for download while to "try before you buy"... or in my case listen while you wait?

I still think its a huge shame about SHU, Sony can't make any money out of those recordings... maybe when (yes I mean "when") FTCJ sells bucketloads they'll realise the potential for sales.

Final question - was "Good Friend" released or just played on radio? And have they released a single to promote this album to the masses who would surely lap up another album?

Cheers again, nice to find a forum where you're not slated for not being old-school and the band members actually post. Eagerly waiting...
November 13, 2003 02:13AM
November 13, 2003 02:20AM
Not entirely sure on the .mp3 front.

As far as I'm aware, and atleast without a label, they seem to be pretty pro-.mp3.......

.Mp3 is the self-serving label. You're made. You're played. And you're heard.

Which at the moment, is pretty fucking ideal for the band.

Out of curiousity, if enough songs were released as .mp3 (discounting SHU and possibly TMC depending on the terms of the contract).... wouldn't Nine Days get more coverage than on a label?

I mean, .Mp3 doesn't hire or fire you. And with the amount of 'illegal' song downloading at the moment, it's like a world-wide pre-emptive strike on the ears. Like 'hey, we're a band.'.........

EVERYONE would hear you. On the desktop, on the laptop, on the PDA and even on the phone. When you think about it like that. Its pretty fucking good to not be on a label.

Your songs are your songs And your audience is the world.

Of course your income is non-existent, but then, did the guys make that much out of TMC?........yet?.........

November 13, 2003 03:36AM
The Demo album that you guys are refering to was not really an "album" at all. Those six songs were all sold (on cassette!!!) at shows at various times many years ago. Absolutely and If I Am also were on a cassette as well at one point (Oh the humanity!)

I still think they should fire up Self Esteem and Nobody. They rock.

November 13, 2003 05:36AM
<<Absolutely and If I Am also were on a cassette as well at one point (Oh the humanity!)>>

I have the original demo of Absolutely, but I never knew there was an If I Am demo too? (Unless it's the studio acoustic that appeared on "Far From The Madding Crowd")
November 13, 2003 06:04AM
Bones45 wrote:

> I still think they should fire up Self Esteem and Nobody. They rock.

I second that! Bring 'em all back, put them on a CD and release it with SHU in a few years time.

I'd buy it!

November 13, 2003 03:31PM
this is my favorite thread ever, even though i don't have the patience to read it....

can someone give all these brits my home address and phone number please. i would like to adopt them all. thank you.

rachel......
November 13, 2003 10:13PM
November 14, 2003 03:27AM
Was Rachel being sarcastic?!
November 14, 2003 03:46AM
no, she wasnt..
November 14, 2003 08:26AM
good. We are indeed very cool, as are americans. Chris, where abouts in the UK are you from? I'm in Heath End, Farnham, Surrey.
- Sofi -
November 16, 2003 05:22AM
My house is in a country village far too close to Slough, but we're in Buckinghamshire as opposed to Berkshire.

I'm currently at Warwick University, my halls are in Warwickshire but the campus (which is two minutes walk away) isn't. Strange
November 16, 2003 05:44AM
November 16, 2003 11:52PM
Chris, you think thats weird?!

I'm studying Animation at the University of Lincoln and yet the campus that I live, breath and work at is in Hull. Even though there is actually a University of Hull here aswell.

So I'm attending the University of Lincoln, in Hull.

Odd, no?

November 16, 2003 11:54PM
I hate the rain
November 16, 2003 11:55PM
Why?

November 17, 2003 02:54AM
November 17, 2003 05:13AM
Why would you not hate the rain. It rained here all day and I got soaked.
November 17, 2003 07:11AM
The University Of Warwick is in Coventry... well actually its surrounded by fields and sheep but its still much closer to Coventry than it is to Warwick.
November 17, 2003 07:14AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π