ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

recommendations please

Posted by sofi123 

recommendations please
November 17, 2003 05:57AM
Only discovered Nine days farely recently, but I've noticed people writing about Goo Goo Dolls quite a lot, so i downloaded some of their music and discovered I really like that too. Any-one got any other recommndations for bands you think I'll like, considering a like the two above??

thankyou

- Sofi -
Re: recommendations please
November 17, 2003 06:45AM
Third Eye Blind would probably also be to your taste. Here's a list of bands you could check out:

Dashboard Confessional
Feeder
Busted
Stroke 9

Some of the other guys will probably recommend Lifehouse and Matchbox 20. I'm not wild about them, but you might like 'em. Give them a try!

November 17, 2003 07:02AM
all american rejects
our lady peace
vertical horizon

November 17, 2003 07:07AM
Bands I'm Sure You Will Like

third eye blind, lifehouse, the calling, vertical horizon, collapsis, athenaeum, matchbox 20, counting crows, semisonic, sense field, sister hazel, tabitha's secret, stroke 9, train, hootie and the blowfish, evan & jaron, our lady peace, the wallflowers, dishwalla, tonic, dexter freebish, eve6

Top five for you out of those would probably be Third Eye Blind, Stroke 9, Sister Hazel, Vertical Horizon and Matchbox 20

Bands You Should Like

creed, 3 doors down, default, greenwheel, red hot chili peppers, powderfinger, hoobastank, course of nature, july for kings

Sofi - whereabouts are you from? Only recently heard of Nine Days? I'm assuming like me you're not from USA?
November 17, 2003 07:19AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
November 17, 2003 07:47AM
Genesis wrote:
> Dear God, did someone say Busted? Excuse me while I puke into
> my basin.

Hey, I've been to the year 3000. Do you have any idea how well their 7th album is going to do? yawning smileyP

Seriously, Busted are great. Don't hate on them just cause it's the done thing. However, feel free to hate on them if you just don't like them. Just don't take anything away from me for listening to them.

November 17, 2003 07:49AM
sofi....

please please trust me.

a little album called "Revive" by Steadman will change your life. it is the best album ever.

www.steadmanband.com

rachel......
November 17, 2003 08:10AM
Just go to this site: http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~amehranf/

Every band you could possibly love or will love will be here.

- Amir
November 17, 2003 08:15AM
hahahahahahah i forgot about busted

they sang that "thats what i go to school for" song right?

HAHHAHAAHAHAHAH they are not seriously still around are they?
November 17, 2003 08:22AM
No, unfortunately they exploded.

Kidding. They're still around, naturally. Writing cool songs and being despised by people just because the media tells them to.

November 17, 2003 08:23AM
New album coming out soon... lol...

Well it could be worse, at least Busted attempt to play guitars and its vaguely annoyingly catchy... when their fans hit double figures they might well be more likely to move onto artists like Nine Days than Eminem... I mean in all fairness Busted sound more like a rock band than they do an RnB or Dance or Rap act, and even though one Nine Days song will always be woreth more to me than a million Busted albums would, it'll be fun to see what all the 8-yr old Busted fans are listening to when they hit 14. Probably the new Limp Biuzkit and Papa Roach, but we can always hope...
November 17, 2003 08:29AM
I'm 17 and I listen to Busted. So what if kids like them?

And - forgive me for fighting so much for the Busted corner - Busted don't just attempt to play guitars, they are able musicians. They may not be the best musicians, but they are proficient and can write great songs.

The question you really need to ask is: what exactly is wrong with Busted?

You're answer should not contain the words "boyband", "manufactured", "talentless", "for kids", or I'll assume you're reading your arguement straight out of the pages of a Kings of Leon loving magazine and throw a searing hot Big Mac at your face.

Seriously, if you stop being guarded and forget your preconceptions and prejudices, you probably would like Busted. So it's not technical or thought provoking music, but it's fun.

Wow, that post bored even myself...

November 17, 2003 08:31AM
wow, i never even heard of busted. crazy...

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
November 17, 2003 08:33AM
Try downloading "Everything I Knew" by Busted, see what you think. It comes Devil Pudding recommended, for what that's worth. ;o)

November 17, 2003 08:38AM
November 17, 2003 08:42AM
Genesis wrote:

> And I don't think much of Kings Of Leon, personally.

That's all I ask of you yawning smileyP

November 17, 2003 08:55AM
He said I've been to the year 3000
Not much has changed but they live underwater
And your great great great granddaughter
Is pretty fine... says it bloody well all...

Annoying as hell lyrics, even more annoying tunes as well (You Said No is little better in this respect)

Over in the UK Ocean Colour Scene get slated by EVERYone and I publicly praise them every day... also take a load of stick for loving Feeder too (ever heard the joke "Why did the drummer from feeder kill himself? Cause he found out he was in feeder"... so I'm not following any trend and never do, Busted's music just really really really annoys me. It just sounds so crap and cheesy... like an annoying hyper active seven year old cousin who charges round the place hitting people.
November 17, 2003 09:33AM
wow we all seriously do have kind of the same taste. cuz all the bands you guys listed, i love! which is kind of freaky. haha.

anyways. here's some more yall reallllly should get. =)

Brand New - Soco Amaretto Lime < my anthem. =)
Brand New - Sic Transit Gloria
Phantom Planet - Always On My Mind
The Juliana Theory - Top Of The World
The Juliana Theory - Goodnight Starlight < AMAZING!!!
Matchbook Romance - If All Else Fails
Eisley - Telescope Eyes
Dashboard Confessional - Bend and Not Break
Stephen Speaks - Out Of My League

Okay! smiling smiley Bye. and when can we buy the cd. =(

<3 Frances
November 17, 2003 10:21AM
some good stuff:

dashboard
maroon 5
something corporate
jimmy eat world
matchbox twenty
third eye blind

and most importantly CARBONDALE www.carbondalerock.com
nyc band who got dropped by rca just before they could release their first cd, but its comming out on the 25th, and theyre playing the village pub (port jeff) on 11/28. ok im done now.

anywho its all stuff i think i worth givin a listen to smiling smiley

*~katie~*
November 17, 2003 12:16PM
copeland

&quot;...now everyone elses heartbreak should be measured by my pain, and all the beauty in this world has spirled down the drain...&quot; ~ J-money
November 17, 2003 12:22PM
while all of these people are recommending some fine, fine bands that you'll undoubtedly enjoy listening to, there is but one recommendation that i have seen that is, in fact, the finest band you shall ever listen to, and that band is the Matthew Good Band.

listen to them. cherish them. love them. be moved by them.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
November 17, 2003 12:45PM
Stroke 9....t's like Mike's passion for Mattew Good,
Speaking of which mike there is this actor named Mattew GoodE and before I found out the spelling I was very perplexed. I thought Mattew Good in a MANDY MOORE movie???
SURELY NOT
But all is well now
November 17, 2003 01:02PM
sister hazel
something corporate
vertical horizon
student*rick
stroke 9
spitalfield
mest
bon jovi (new stuff)
weezer

-Brian
November 17, 2003 08:33PM
November 17, 2003 09:14PM
November 18, 2003 02:23AM
Jonny Greenwood wrote:

> also take a load of stick for loving Feeder too (ever heard the joke "Why did the drummer from feeder kill himself? Cause he found out he was in feeder

Feeder have been one of my favourite bands ever since I got into music, and I've never once got stick for it. Funny that.

Ocean Colour Scene don't derve the stick they get either. I don't really like them, but they're clearly not as bad as people make out they are, i.e. Satan's musical minions on Earth.

People just love to have a go, I think. They probably all listen to Kings of Leon... yawning smileyP

November 18, 2003 03:41AM
November 18, 2003 03:58AM
"were"?

November 18, 2003 05:20AM
Rock on, Genesis.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
November 18, 2003 08:18AM
Were? WERE?? FUCKING WERE???

Just come off a huge selling album, Kerrang Award beating the Darkness for best British Act, about to embark on a stadium tour, and the small matter of a song called "Just A Day" and they WERE a good band?

Pudding - alot of my friends have rather "alternative" tastes and hate Feeder with all their heart purely cause they want someone to hate and boybands are too easy. Constantly get the whole "they're so depressing since their drummer died" stuff. Yet they seem to make an exception for "Just A Day". I think basically the British music scene is so diverse at the moment that people are far too quick to slate anything that isn't in their chosen genre. Also everyone says they got famous just because their drummer died, I'd argue that it was Buck Rogers and Just A Day that did it for them, but hey that's just me.

As for OCS, "Satan's musical minions on Earth" was in fact an NME quote as they gave OCS's new album a stunning 1/5 review. And it was none other than the NME who recently hailed Kings Of Leon as the best band in 2003.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π