ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

recommendations please

Posted by sofi123 

Re: recommendations please
November 18, 2003 09:05AM
Feeder kicks. they were here awhile ago with Rooney. Who is REALLY. REALLY. good haha. I still think Matchbook Romance and The Juliana Theory own. smiling smiley Yall really should check them out. Get Goodnight Starlight by The Juliana Theory.

It's so sad. so sweet. so good. perfect. smiling smiley

And did anyone watch the AMA's? what the heck was up with hilary duff's performance. and her head banging, hair swinging, britney-spears-move-although-i'm-only-16-move... ew.

i'm disgruntled.

but yeah. check out those bands. dirty poet is a really good song. ha.
November 18, 2003 09:09AM
'American Hi Fi'.

'American Hi Fi'.

'American Hi Fi'.

(If you have broadband follow the link in my profile to hear some of their tracks online.)

Oh, and 'Steadman'...... in a sort of 'sounds like a lot of other British bands in a blender' kind of a way.

Good though. Nice lyrics. Hooked on 'Sunlotion' at the minute.

You and indeed everybody in the world ever......... should get 'Stereophonics: Bartender and the Thief'......

Now.

Post Edited (11-18-03 18:11)
Tea
November 18, 2003 11:57AM
Hmm try: Collapsis, Counting Crows, Dexter Freebish, Duncan Sheik, Gin Blossoms, Lifehouse, Neve, Sense Field, Splender, Tonic, Train and Vertical Horizon.

All of those I would think you might like smiling smiley Definitely try Splender, Tonic, and Vertical Horizon.

------------
http://www.mr-tea.com/ND
With a sad face the heart grows wiser...
("Sorrow is better than laughter, because a sad face is good for the heart." - Ecc. 7:3)
November 18, 2003 03:54PM
for future refrence neve is now genius

www.geniusmusic.com

grinning smiley
November 18, 2003 10:13PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
November 19, 2003 03:54AM
wow... thanks for all the feedback guys!
Im guesing most of you are from the US as not many of these bands are big over here in the UK. But British music at the moment is pretty crap.. so your recommendations are great!
As for Busted... I think they're OK.. they're pretty big over here, and if you said you didn't like them you'd probably get a huge crowd of 10 year old girls come and pummel you to the ground!
Chris, thanks for the list.. I'll check them all out, and yeh, I live in the UK.
Thanks to everyone. American music really is my taste and I'm going to Londen on saturday so I'll try to tell your good President that too. That is if I can make it past the hoards of protesters!!
Thanks again.. (and any more reccomendations would be greatly welcome)
- Sofi -
November 19, 2003 05:06AM
You're from the UK too? Yay!

Genesis wrote:
>I haven't heard a lot of their new material. The last tracks I heard were 'Come Back Around'

That is new material - at least it's from their most recent album, released just over a year ago. It's called Comfort In Sound, and you should definately pick it up. yawning smiley)

Also, I'd like to recommend the fantastic James to you, if nobody has already. You might have heard "She's A Star" or "Sit Down".

Down with Kings of Leon!!

November 19, 2003 05:31AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π