ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

When, how, and Where did u heard Nine Days (first time)

Posted by Sannen (Brazil) 

When, how, and Where did u heard Nine Days (first time)
November 19, 2003 06:32AM
my first time was in Brazil watching a country channel...i heard Absolutely girl, and....omg...i runned to computer and typed: www.ninedays.com (worked! lol)...the dream beggins. hehe

------------------------------
"now shut up and listen to the music!" by John Hampson

Re: When, how, and Where did u heard Nine Days (first time)
November 19, 2003 06:40AM
I was reeeeeeeally bored, so I had a look at my recommendaytions on Amazon.co.uk. Since I'd bought loads of Goo's stuff, Nine Days were near the top of my recommendations, so I decided to check them out on KaZaA. I downloaded some of the Madding Crowd - which at the time I didn't think was that good, but I kept coming back to a little song called 257 Weeks. After a week, all the songs were stuck in my head, so I bought the CD and it swiftly became one of my favourites.

November 19, 2003 06:51AM
i first saw the video for absolutely on VH1, i believe, thought the song was awesome and then bought the madding crowd. after a few listens, i thought it was awesome. about the time they were recording SHU, i first checked out the nine days website. also during this time, i listened to TMC more and it became one of my favorite cds. this is when i really started getting into them. and the rest is history...

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
November 19, 2003 07:08AM
Around February 2000 I was looking on Napster for Third Eye Blind rarities, and I came up with a result titled Third Eye Blind - Another Day, which I had obviously never heard of. I downloaded and when I listened to it, my handy Winamp player listed the artist as Nine Days. I loved the song so much that I started searching for more, but I found nothing. I eventually gave up but then a couple months later I saw the ending of a video on Vh1 and I liked the song so I decided to stick around and see who it was by and sure enough it was Nine Days. I then rebegan my search and I found Absolutely, If I Am and I think one other. I loved all three and then counted down the days till the CD came out, and bought it that day. I then stayed up all night listening to it on repeat, and loved every second.
November 19, 2003 07:15AM
It was a long time ago when Story of a girl was getting some heavy air play, I was working at a bowling alley as a party hostess/Q-zar marshall, and mini golf attendant...
anyways, I spent most of the summer in a mini golf shack listening to the radio, and I just fell in love with the song, bought the cd, started going to shows, met some amazing people, and the rest is history.

wow, if i'd only known then, that by this time I'd be working at a mortgage company.... (sigh) oh well.

Lisa
November 19, 2003 12:24PM
MTV.... Video
November 19, 2003 12:30PM
dont really remember prolly heard them on WLIR, its been a while, but i didn't get to see them till 7-4-01 at brookhaven ampitheater with jill gioia and the B52's, now that was an interesting crowd

*~katie~*
November 19, 2003 02:16PM
i had heard 'absolutely' on the radio... knew the words... but never HARDCORELOVED nd until... i went to a free radio acoustic show that they were doing... bri&john played 4 songs while the rest of the guys were sitting at the bar ;o) i ended up meeting them then even though i wasn't supposed to. i fell in love with the band. next day i bought the album and signed up for the board... i've been on here since... that was 2-18-01 lmao. wow. and i was 16 thats forever ago! lmao...

November 19, 2003 03:23PM
Was sitting in my cousins car and he was listening to IF I AM (this was when Absolutely was big on the radio).. and i was like.. these guys rock.. who are they.. He was like "nine days" ... and switched it to Absolutely and i realized the song i had heard before.. i was like.. Hell yeah.. and went out and bought the madding crowd the next day.. and BOOM.. been hooked ever since

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
November 19, 2003 03:27PM
I was In the cow shed Milking da Cows and If I Am came on the radio and that Got me

http://groups.msn.com/Andreasoverseaspics/mestup.msnw
November 19, 2003 03:38PM
Yeah... I listen to ND like 50% or more of my music listening time.. which is A LOT.. cuz i Deliver PIZZA.. and driving around listening to music is a MUST!

Eric
November 19, 2003 03:42PM
I got one for all of you. I remember when WDRE was playing them when they were doing a highlight of local acts. I got into them hearing "This Music" How about that for Old school stuff.
Tea
November 19, 2003 03:42PM
I would have the radio put me to sleep every night and one night Absolutely came on. It hit me hard, I thought it was the coolest song ever! The next night it came on again around the same time (I assume it was on some sort of schedule). Every night for about two weeks I would make sure I was in bed in time to hear it. Then I bought the CD and I've never grown tired of it smiling smiley

------------
http://www.mr-tea.com/ND
With a sad face the heart grows wiser...
("Sorrow is better than laughter, because a sad face is good for the heart." - Ecc. 7:3)
November 19, 2003 04:41PM
I was on the internet in like April of 2000 and was listening to a local radio station when "Absolutely" came one and after the song went off the DJ said that Ninedays the band who had sung that song was coming to this Free Hoo Ha Concert along with like 7 other bands and so we got the free tickets and went to see Ninedays and met them and thats how i became a fan
November 19, 2003 07:06PM
This is actually one of my favorite stories to tell...

It was November of 1999, and I was in the car with my cousin driving back from Roosevelt Field mall. She spent the entire time complaining about her boyfriend, how she wasn't sure if it was working, thought she was always doing something wrong, thought he was going to leave her, etc.....which really interested me since he was my ex and all. I originally went into a monologue talking about the wonders feet, how cool it is that they can hold up your whole body - I was that desperate to change the subject. So finally I gave up and went for the drown her out by turning up the radio tuned into LIR method. As soon as I turned it up "Absolutely" began play and the song just swallowed me up. I heard them say it was an LIR contest winner called nine days, but of course I forgot that by the next day, and proceeded to spend the next 5 months obsessing over finding out more about this band. I finally got my way at the album release at the Sam Goody in Roosevelt Field =)

~Diana
November 19, 2003 11:12PM
I would go and see them back when they were playing every monday nite at the Village Pub in Port Jeff. The set was done completely acoustic.
November 19, 2003 11:37PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
November 20, 2003 03:59AM
Heard 'Absolutely' on the first episode of lizzie mcguire!
November 20, 2003 05:27AM
As France is the worst place to find good US rock bands, it wasn't easy to hear about the band... But one day, in front of an episode of Dawson's creek I heard Absolutely and I said... I need to know how to play this song! I downloaded it, and that was it. The best pop song ever, it's part of History now (well, for me it is...).

Mehdi
November 20, 2003 05:49AM
>Heard 'Absolutely' on the first episode of lizzie mcguire!

haha yeah me too! but it was not the first time....the first time i heard them was on this internet radio 'Spinner'. i wasnt really into them right away but when i saw their cd in the shop for only 5 euro i had to buy it!! and now im here, being a huge fan!

November 20, 2003 07:13AM
In 2000... that's when I first heard Absolutey. I really liked the song and I bought the entire cd without listening to it in the stores. Good thing too! I will never ever regret that!. The cd stayed in my discman for a good 13 months. I remember driving my friends crazy by singing Revolve haha... Ah... those were the days my friends... when I was still young (ahum)...

John
===============
"We'll never know 'till we try..."
November 20, 2003 10:01AM
Like a good many Long Islanders, I first heard the band on WLIR as the winners of their 1997 local band of the year contest with "This Music".
November 20, 2003 02:47PM
I moved in w/ KT freshman year of college....and she was into this band called Nine Days and just went on and on about them..then she freaked out cuz they were playin the Rec room for FREE...so I went w/ her...and we met Christina...and KT was a freak and knew the answer to every question that the radio people asked the crowd..and when Johna nd Brian walked in the front doors, I thought KT was gonna jump them...then we sat 2 feet from the boys as they played like 3 songs..adn we met them..and so I got hooked cuz of KT
November 20, 2003 02:55PM
Early spring, 2000. Probably around March. I'm in the shower, listening to my shower radio and washing my hair. This insanely happy song catches my attention. I cease my shampooing action. I forget to rinse, lather, repeat. I press my ear to the radio and finish listening - and THANK GOD the DJ announced that this was "Brand-new Mix music, Absolutely (Story of a Girl), by Nine Days". I went to WalMart and bought the CD that afternoon, and for two hours that night listened to "257 Weeks" on repeat. It was one of my favorite CDs that spring, but became one of my top two after a roadtrip that summer. I listened to it on the way to school every day my senior year - and then, wonder of wonders, ND played GradNite at Disney that year! Having been a fan for over a year by then, the scream I let out when they announced this at a senior meeting in the school theatre is probably STILL echoing :-p

'tis a beautiful love story

---
Live your life just how you love to live it, things will all fall into place. Take your strife and try your best to sing it, in the end you'll meet your friends - Gabe Dixon Band
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π