Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hey all!!

Posted by jimbogreen 

Hey all!!
February 10, 2003 08:03PM
hi everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself, as I am new to this board (look, a newbie!)
I first heard of Nine days on an internet radio station (and also Dawsons creek. God i'm a geek.) playing "If I am" which I love.

"the madding crowd" litterally just arrived in the post, and so i am getting my first full listen and it rocks!!

Speak soon

James

BTW, im from England. Are there any other Brits on this board? I ask as I have never heard these guys on the radio here so I doubt many people would have heard any of their music

James Mead
Re: Hey all!!
February 11, 2003 07:09AM
me oh me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hello!!!!!*waves*

would you like some tea old chap? (they think we say that btw)
February 11, 2003 07:14AM
I'm not British, but my little sister is going to England in April for 4 months for study abroad in high school. She's a huge nine days fan, so I'm sure she'll be posting!
Colleen

February 11, 2003 08:21AM
I'm not a British but I have fiends there.

"I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me." Our Lady Peace
February 11, 2003 08:32AM
in not british by one of my close friends lives in england and every summer he listens to nine days b/c i make him!! haha
February 11, 2003 11:46PM
tally bally ho!!

Good to hear from all you spiffing chaps!

Yes old bean, I would love some tea. Do you have any scones with cream, perchance?

(sorry to ruin the ideal, but not may people in England speak like this. But I do!!!!!!!)

James (acctually, Lord James of Devonshire)

Btw, revolving tell you sister to bring a bumbershute. Oops, sorry, umbrella. She'll need it.

James Mead
February 12, 2003 12:06AM
bumbershute?????????eh????????? totally lost!
yes i happen to have some jam and clotted cream to go with those scones dear chap. so lord devonshire where in devon do you live? apart from your large mansion! lol
February 12, 2003 01:26AM
Awright geezer. I'm your cheeky, chirpy cockney sparra from daan saaf. Trouble is, me 'n' the boys had ta moov norf cos of me work. Ah well. The norvern girls ain't so bad...
February 12, 2003 04:33AM
Okay, lets just get one thing straight - MIKE thinks all British people talk like that, not the rest of us.

Anyways though - Welcome to the board! yawning smiley)

~lori~
February 12, 2003 05:20AM
ok sorry i will one day stop with the stupid stereotypical views.

and on another note, the west c'untry aint so bad. wih all the trators and all.

much fun. im from bristol and they say 'where you to?' instead of 'where you going?/ where are you going?'

its the craziest thing ever
February 13, 2003 04:42AM
I got a brand new combine harvester....

Oh God...help me.

Im from Plymouth.

I'll pop round with the tea and buscuits.
February 13, 2003 05:18AM
People from England are awesome! I met a whole bunch of cool Brits while I was in Australia a month ago. Two from Manchester, one from liverpool and another from I don't remember where. They taught me a whole bunch of slang like puttin me on and knob. They made fun of me for not knowing what a knob was...lol I'm defintely going to the UK next year!

~MeLiSsA
February 13, 2003 09:07PM
aaahhhh good ol' british slang. knobs tee hee!
oh dear i think i better be immature about knobs somewhere else........
February 14, 2003 07:55AM
nooooo!!!

knobs, knobs, knockers and knobs! (hahahahahahahahahaha)

God, i really need to grow up. I am such a child.
February 15, 2003 04:08AM
oh dear!!!!

it has too be said that its not our fault, as we didnt bring knobs up.

oh god!!!!!!!!!!!! that could sound really bad! lol!
February 17, 2003 05:57PM
Good morning ladies and gentlemen, how the devil are you today ? Yes, another Brit here !

Been a fan since Sept 2000 when on a flight over to Chicago, Absolutely (Story of A Girl) was on the in-flight radio. Got the CD at first opportunity on that trip and have been hooked since.

Followed with interest the diary on the Epic/Sony site, charting the recording of SHU. And then all the trials and tribulations for the band since then.

Hoping 2003 is a better year for the band (it couldn't get much worse than 2002 !), and look forward to posting on these boards.

Chris
February 18, 2003 07:38AM
>>>James (acctually, Lord James of Devonshire)<<<<

you are joking right?
February 18, 2003 08:14AM
yeah I expect they are dude!! Aren't actually that many Lords and Ladies and stuff knocking about in England...but I know a few peeps with the accent...and I stayed in a mansion Sat night!!! (for real, MASSIVE!!!!!)

Cat

P.S. - can anyone explain why I took all my stuff home sat, but now i still have loads to pack? I'm soooo confused...!

Post Edited (02-18-03 17:16)

I am a free radical!

'apparently she is so weird and messed up, hannah had to make her promise not to f!ck me up completely'
February 18, 2003 08:51AM
"how the devil are you?"....chris is killing me.....that's it. i love just love it!
February 18, 2003 08:57AM
ok i LOVE the uk. i'm obessed. i think i've talked about it enough though... one of these days i'm gonna go

February 18, 2003 08:58AM
Man if you were here you wouldn't be so into it!! is bloody cold and full of churches!!!!!

I am a free radical!

'apparently she is so weird and messed up, hannah had to make her promise not to f!ck me up completely'
February 18, 2003 09:03AM
its cold here, and we don't have so many churches! just alot of snow! bleh. and no orly blooms!

February 18, 2003 09:08AM
no snow :-( and only snow can make the cold worthwhile...! might be snow up in scotland though...i'll be in edinburgh thursday, yay!! :-)

too many churches :-( they're like, everywhere...i can't escape!!

Cat

I am a free radical!

February 18, 2003 05:43PM
Hey Marmalade, you don't know, I may just be the lord of Devonshire...

(i'm not, but still!!!!!)

I'm coming over to the states in July, so I expect my accent to open doors everywhere!
February 18, 2003 11:46PM
Fellow Brits,

our friends across the water just love our accents - Rachel's just putty in our hands (:-). Let's just move over there where it looks like we'll get a lot more appreciation !

Pass the Earl Grey, Jeeves, I'm in need of a little liquid sustenance.

Chris
February 19, 2003 10:22AM
oh my god! and TEA!!!

nothing like a man with an accent and a cup of tea.......

::drools::

oh and i do believe that your accent will open my door... ;o) hehehehehehehe

February 21, 2003 04:20AM
My my Lady Brandybuck!

I am shocked at this forthright and whimsical manner. You doth bring honor and respect to your family and country.

Will you join me for tea and crumpets on the lawn?

tally bally ho!
February 21, 2003 04:42AM
oh no....christina is totally gonna lose it!! yawning smiley)
February 21, 2003 03:28PM
oh goodness...2 christinas, this may get confusing winking smiley
February 21, 2003 04:36PM
yeah it will especially since i was here first! GRRRRRRRRRRRR (just kidding)

and ok. HI. I LOVE YOU JIMBOGREEN!!!!! and yeah i'll have tea with you anytime... hehehehehhehehe

and maybe while merry's out we can have some tea up in buckaland... ;o) yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π