ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CD is available...Thurs show!

Posted by johnhampson 

CD is available...Thurs show!
November 19, 2003 08:26AM
"Flying The Corporate Jet" is available...click on MUSIC...

the reason there is 9 songs is that we werent satisfied with the final version of "Nothing Better"...i recently posted a 'solo' demo version i am more happy with...we plan on posting new songs as we go...i enjoy the immediate rush of writing, recording and sharing a song..."Atlantic City", by the way, was never recorded by ninedays...its an old Bruce Springsteen song we've played live a few times...and yes, its cool to have 5 Brian songs when i've had a chance to release my own stuff...the more the merrier!

the website will be improved over the next few weeks to include all the MP3s i've sent out...i will also post some old demos, some never heard songs from 1994 and new stuff as it comes...

Thurs night (Nov 20) is the kick off show...i promise new songs, OLD songs, Vinnie on drums, our good friend Adam Forgione on keys and another good friend Sherman on sax for few songs...its going to be a very fun night.

we will TRY to do a rough video of the show and post a few clips...

Peace!

john
Re: CD is available...Thurs show!
November 19, 2003 08:32AM
Awesome. Thanks as always, John.

Quick question if you have time, I asked this before a while back but never got a reply....how have you been deciding which of your songs to record with the band and which to keep as 'solo' tunes?

- Brian
www.3eb.co.uk
November 19, 2003 08:32AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CLIPS????? MOVIES??? OLD SONGS?????
OMG!!!!
I LOVE U JOHN!!! I REALY LOVE U!!!!!

*crying*

:-P
lol

Post Edited (11-19-03 17:44)

------------------------------
"now shut up and listen to the music!" by John Hampson

November 19, 2003 08:41AM
Oops, my bad. We were given Atlantic City as a song title by several people. I guess said people weren't aware it was just a cover :-P

And I think the MP3s on the website thing is badass, its so spontanieous. I'll just log onto the site and see messages saying 2 new songs released.

Post Edited (11-19-03 17:42)
November 19, 2003 08:45AM
I just ordered my copy! VERY EXCITED!
November 19, 2003 08:48AM
so...exactly where will the camera be at the show??

i'm ready for my close-up mr. hampson lolol

-amy
nine days of rain

"dude, i'm old" ~jeremy
November 19, 2003 08:53AM
ahhh a copy of nothing better my life is complete

AND YAY for the show and keys and a sax and it being taped and good god i cant wait till tomorrow smiling smiley

*~katie~*
November 19, 2003 08:58AM
hahahhahahha

------------------------------
"now shut up and listen to the music!" by John Hampson

November 19, 2003 08:58AM
....haha.

Seriously though, I really hope nobody was paid to do that cover........er, art?.......no, font, cover font.

It looks like a movie logo.

'Coming to a record store near you [ uber husky voice] SOOOOOONNNNN'

-This featurette was brought to you by the letter 'A', and Dolby Digital.

Colour by Monocolour, filmed in Nineovision.

November 19, 2003 09:08AM
I was wondering; since I live in the UK, would it be at all possible for me to order Seventeen Minutes and Flying the Corporate Jet to be sent together, thus saving on postage?

Maybe this is the sort of question I should e-mail John directly about.

Oh and by the way, the new album art looks like the Nirvana compilation that came out last year ;o)

November 19, 2003 09:58AM
Done and done, got mine in 1 day last time, Expecting mine on Friday smiling smiley

http://www.fcuk.nu
November 19, 2003 10:26AM
Got my copy ~ yay! I can't wait til it comes!

So I am also a gigantic smashing pumpkins fan...and they have 2 songs, one called 17, and one called 33, so as a result those are my favorite numbers. I'm excited that you guys did a song w/those numbers in the title....I was freaked out, haha.

Jamie

I'm not crazy I'm just a little unwell ~ Matchbox 20
November 19, 2003 10:59AM
There's a sax!!! That just made my day!!!!!

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
November 19, 2003 11:56AM
In just about 24 hours Nine Days will be taking the stage!!!

"I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me." Our Lady Peace
November 19, 2003 01:22PM
whoever is going to that show, keep track of the songs they play. i'd love to see the setlist of the concert i so horribly want to go to but can't. smiling smiley

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
November 19, 2003 01:56PM
ill be stealing a set list if i get there soon enough...gotta increase the collection smiling smiley

*~katie~*
November 19, 2003 02:36PM
make sure you post it smiling smiley

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

November 19, 2003 03:22PM
i still wanna go... *crys more* if i leave now.. ill be there by like 3 pm

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
November 19, 2003 03:39PM
hehe.. i have one set list.... from "mt clemens" show... i diddnt ask.. i just took.. and scanned it... hehe.... still have it... I WANNA GO... *WAAAAAAA!*

Eric
November 19, 2003 03:40PM
plus it's my B-Day!.. WAAAAAAAAAA

Eric
November 19, 2003 03:45PM
Play "this music"

You got my 10 bucks john... I can't wait to be blown away on the bands newest release. When I pass the bar I will hustle for you guys for free...cause you guys rock!
November 19, 2003 03:49PM
on my AOL instant messenger profile, i gave a little history on you guys and i encouraged everyone who read my profile to buy your new cd, john's cd and the madding crowd, plus download the three old albums and SHU. just wanted to let you know that i'm trying to spread the word. rock on!

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

November 19, 2003 04:35PM
i have to wait til my mom comes back from japan to buy the damn cd.

grr. i can't wait this long. sad smiley i want to shout for joy too. and be like "i love you ---!! i just ordered my cd!" ha.

anyways. i got you covered for Plano, TX. smiling smiley ppl sure will buy it. and this city has got to be the richest city in texas cuz it takes like 15 minutes to walk through one house. crazy.
November 20, 2003 12:05AM
Nothing Better is a great song.... but we have it now, doesn't matter. I'm gonna order it as soon as I can get dollars to send.... I only have euro's, u know.

To be honest, I don't really like the stuff from 1994, but that's especially because of the quality of the recordings. But the new stuff, like Leelee, Nothing Better and especially Brand New Me are really awesome!!

Post this image everywhere you can, in avatars, signatures, just everywhere
November 20, 2003 02:56AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
November 20, 2003 03:09AM
devil pudding ithink you can add them both to your paypal shopping cart and then check out at once, and then when they get the order they will be on the same sheet/email.... and i think you can even add comments to the order.

and happy bday to eric

-Brian
November 20, 2003 03:14AM
Thanks v. much!

November 20, 2003 04:47AM
I got my Super NINE DAYS MP3 cd... for my car.. it has every Mp3/Album ever.. hehe.. got almost enough mp3's to FILL a cd though.. ACK!... but i listen to it in the car while i deliver pizzas... so i NEED it

Eric
November 20, 2003 06:38AM
Sigh, now if only John's initial post also included, "Our friend Jeremy Dean on keys and sax," tonight would be the most perfect show. Sigh. Oh well. It's going to be a blast anyway. Can't wait to pick up the new disc...

~lori~
November 20, 2003 02:26PM
yes, about the album cover...

for weeks i was expect a nice colorful jet on the front...

<<I really hope nobody was paid to do that cover........er, art?.......no, font, cover font. It looks like a movie logo.>>

LOL!

the show sounds killer btw, can't wait to see, hear, read, whateva

-Bryce, Utah
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π