ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

mp3 help...

Posted by Rachel 

mp3 help...
March 04, 2003 06:21PM
so, the sound is broken on my computer (yes, i've tried plugging in earphones to make sure it's not the speakers, and i've turned all the volume controls i could find up to full blast, but still just a tiny whisper comes out of just one speaker), but i have a lot of mp3s i downloaded before the sound broke that i want to listen to...should i get an mp3 player and try to put them in there, or what? i don't know much about computers....lol....help me....what should i do?

thanks guysyawning smiley)

rachel......
Re: mp3 help...
March 05, 2003 03:50AM
hey if you have checked everything it'll probably be your sound card, so if you call a computer guy they can have a look at it. But first get a mate who has some idea of what they're doing to check your settings and wires and stuff yeah? Cuz I have a feeling that if it's your sound card there'd be no sound at all. Should be easy to fix though. (email me if you need and I can give you some tips!!). As for mp3 players...they're great, I've got an intel pocket concert which is great for the gym, takes a couple of hours of music, great quality, no jumping. But if you get an Archos Jukebox then it'll take an entire CD collection (6GB, which is about how much space my 140 CDs and various random mp3s take up on my harddrive - basically a LOT). Whatever you want a MINIMUM of 128 gig, anything less and you might as well buy a cassette player.

Hope that helps!!

Cat

I am a free radical!

'apparently she is so weird and messed up, hannah had to make her promise not to f!ck me up completely'
March 05, 2003 03:59AM
oh cat! you're the best! i thought it might be my sound card too, but now that you said that, i'm thinkin' maybe it's the wires...? would any old mp3 player work with any old computer (besides mac, of course)? just plug it in somewhere and go? this is fabulous. i feel so technologicalyawning smiley)

rachel......
March 05, 2003 04:10AM
You'll need a USB port and a decent OS (operating system - now you can throw that into a convo. and feel like a tekkie, lol) - prob. Win95 at least, if you check the package (of player) it should tell you the min. spec.
It's not like it's your motherboard so anyone who knows what they're doing can probably fix it, and worst comes to worst a computer tekkie certainly can :-) Have you tried playing a DVD or VCD?
BTW, with an mp3 player you prob. won't be able to transfer files back to your computer, might be worth investin in an external CD-R (if you haven't got one) or a ZIP drive.

This so reminds me of when my sis was tring to play a DVD on her computer and the sound wasn't working, she was like 'Cat, come fix iiiiiiiittt'...so I checked everything wires/computer controls &c...and the speakers were turned off. LOL...i was annoyed ;-)

Cat

I am a free radical!

'apparently she is so weird and messed up, hannah had to make her promise not to f!ck me up completely'
March 05, 2003 10:37AM
Im a+ certified.... which means in ex-geek "I am certified to work on computers".... i would first check the sound card.... make sure it's seated well on the motherboard.. then i would make sure i have my drivers for my sound card installed correctly...... blah blah blah.. i bet no one understands a word im saying.. ill give up

Post Edited (03-05-03 19:37)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
March 05, 2003 11:22AM
just come over and fix it for me, ericyawning smiley) i'll make you dinner and give you 50 bucks! lol!

rachel......
March 05, 2003 12:32PM
sure.. but i bet you live super far away.. i actually spent 15 min today fixing someones computer for them.. it was a simple problem, but one that only a true geek could fix.. and she paid me 25 bucks.. i was very happy.. i diddnt expect any pay.. .. lol.. and again im blabbing off..

Eric
March 05, 2003 12:33PM
Eric...

Raise your rates...

$50/hr my friend!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π