ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Far From The Madding Crowd

Posted by NineDaysRulez 

Far From The Madding Crowd
March 06, 2003 07:54AM
Just in case anyone would wanna know Far From The Madding Crowd, the movie based on the book that inspired much of the album The Madding Crowd, is on tonight on TCM Classic Movies at 4:30 AM.
Re: Far From The Madding Crowd
March 06, 2003 10:56AM
I think thats more of tomorrow morning but thanks

"I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me." Our Lady Peace
March 06, 2003 11:20AM
Oooh... very good book.

I don't get TCM. Boo.

March 06, 2003 12:03PM
I tried to read the book twice...disliked it both times and never wanted to finish it

gag

Mandy
March 07, 2003 11:57AM
I thought the book was okay. I read it a long time ago, so I don't remember all that much about it though.

BEN
March 07, 2003 01:40PM
I had to read it twice to appreciate it. The first time I didn't really understand much, so I read it back again and really liked it.

March 07, 2003 05:32PM
i tried to read it once too, but it was such a bore-a-thon i didnt get far.
March 08, 2003 02:24AM
Well, I guess I'm just a nerd then... =)

March 08, 2003 04:50AM
return of the native was awesome. i love eustacia vye. but i haven't exactly gotten into bathsheba yet... so i haven't finshed the book (i am reading lord of the rings again for the 3rd time. i'm a loser)

March 08, 2003 10:06AM
The Princess Bride is an awesome book...so is the movie But William Golding revised it and made a intro to it and like in the movie it gets interrupted with his personal life which sucks so someone should redo both with out it

March 08, 2003 12:35PM
The Princess Bride has to be one of them bestest movies in the world.. i could watch that a million and ahalf time and never get tired of it.. also... Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory has to be my all time favorite movie! i love the music! i love gene wilder... it's the best movie ever and it just got release on dvd.. but i dun got a dvd player sad smiley... i'm currently reading 'coming up for air' by george orwell.... it's really good so far!

s [insanesanity]
March 08, 2003 12:37PM
the catcher in the rye, the pigman, and the outsiders...three of the greatest books ever! i read them all in 7th grade and theyve all stuck with me (b/c you know im just SO old...)

-Emily

"forever bored and outside from the in-crowd..."
March 08, 2003 01:16PM
I read the outsiders, 6th grade book haha~~good cast in the movie too~~I could watch Princess Bride over and over again also with out getting tired of it...wait I already do that. Right now I'm watching City of Angles and Its up to the sad part. Can you believe that the only reason I wanted to see this movie in the first is because the Goo's song is in it? Yes I know I'm a bit obsessed. But Its a good movie in general.

March 08, 2003 02:45PM
my boss is always telling me i have "a dizzying intellect" and i was always just like "uh, yeah whatever," and i would keep rambling. then i saw the princess bride and that is NOT a compliment.

Post Edited (03-09-03 00:08)
March 08, 2003 11:39PM
catcher is still with me 9 years later....

~MeLiSsA
March 09, 2003 07:42AM
The princess bride is an awesome movie! So is the Goonies. heeey you guuuys! Sorry...
I'm currently switching between the Hobbit and Purity in Death b J.D.Robb

Kat
March 09, 2003 09:15AM
inconcievable!

i think that movie is the reason i have a thing for english guys, mmmm carry ewles

~SOFiA~

"you wont hear me, still you endear me, now..woo woo"
March 09, 2003 09:41AM
I love Cary Elwes he's so great! He's not really English through. I dont think. I could recite the entire movie for you. "YOU MOCK MY PAIN; NEVER DO IT AGAIN!"...."No poor, poor and perfect, with eyes like the sea before a storm" <-- best description (maybe the reason I have a thing for blue eyes.
Sammii D

&quot;I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me.&quot; Our Lady Peace
March 09, 2003 11:39AM
hes english, but he speaks with out the accent in twister, and its funny

~SOFiA~

&quot;you wont hear me, still you endear me, now..woo woo&quot;
March 10, 2003 09:23AM
I'll have to watch the movie and read the book. If anyone loves the band as much as I do, and hasn't, then I suggest you do the same.

Nerd phase alert..

Any book with Jedi is awesome..

Ok, phase over..

I absolutely love her when she smiles
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π