ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

a poll for you all

Posted by great198 

a poll for you all
December 10, 2003 05:18AM
i got into a debate with someone about nine days. this person really liked their music, but thought their lyrics were too rhyme-based. i disagreed. i think their lyrics are great. they often use the same words, such as ocean, hands, etc., but in different, interesting ways. and i don't think they rhyme too much. they rhyme just as much as any other band. so that's my question for you all:

do you think nine days is too rhyme-based with their lyrics?

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
Re: a poll for you all
December 10, 2003 05:26AM
What does it matter?

Lyrics can rhyme as little or as much as poetry.

Essentially they are the same thing. Except poetry isn't produced to accompany a musical score, or to use more than one vocal talent.

December 10, 2003 06:25AM
no. they make their lyrics rhyme, but without comprimising the point of the song, so the rhyme just fits into the words.

If you get what i mean
December 10, 2003 07:25AM
I totally agree with Sketch.
What does it matter...
It's all about what it (music and/or lyric) does to you...

John
===============
"We'll never know 'till we try..."
December 10, 2003 08:26AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
December 10, 2003 08:28AM
I really hope that was a 'copy/paste' job. Coz otherwise I'm gonna hold this big 'L' hand, just over my forehead and generally look in your direction.

*Prepares the hand*

Lol.

December 10, 2003 08:35AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
December 10, 2003 08:36AM
As long as it gives a meaning to a song, it's fantastic, it's good really, the rhyming. But when the word makes no sense, is stupid, needless and meaningless, it's not good, but that's not the case with Johns and Brians lyrics. Their lyrics are amazing.

Post this image everywhere you can, in avatars, signatures, just everywhere
December 10, 2003 10:18AM
who cares if Nine Days "rymes too much" they lyrics or most times then none awesome

"I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me." Our Lady Peace
December 10, 2003 02:48PM
i dont think it matters either as long as it doesnt compromise the meaning of the song or make it sound stupid

*~katie~*
December 10, 2003 02:49PM
i agree with all of y'all. obviously, this person who disagreed with me is wrong. smiling smiley

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

December 10, 2003 02:51PM
and yes, when they rhyme, it sounds good. it sounds right. it doesn't sound like they're stretching, searching for that word that rhymes. it flows well and goes with the themes perfectly.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

December 11, 2003 05:59AM
all i have to say is:

ninedays lyrics are HOT.

December 11, 2003 06:08AM
Nine Days have some of the best lyrics I've ever heard.....that's primarily the reason I like the band so much.

Boy bands have cheesy rhyming lyrics, Nine Days rhymes are much more natural sounding. Not to mention, you can tell in the vocals that there is emotion in the song as well and there isn't just rhyming for the sake of rhyming....the words obviously mean something.

~Jamie~

I'm not crazy I'm just a little unwell ~ Matchbox 20
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π