ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

virus help for the computer-retarded

Posted by adistantlight 

virus help for the computer-retarded
January 10, 2004 08:27AM
i just got my new computer for the holidays, and already one of my friends signed on AIM and clicked the new profile link favorite CHECK OUT MY NEW YEARS EVE PARTY PICTURES!!!! i had pop-ups for 2 weeks until someone pointed this out:

http://john.homsar.com/archives/000237.html

it has the programs mentioned in some other thread i saw here, but i downloaded everything, ran 2 checks with a restart inbetween.. and i think it's gone. or atleast most of it.

hope it helps if anyone has the problem.
Re: virus help for the computer-retarded
January 10, 2004 08:40AM
2 words: Norton Anit-virus

actually thats 3 isnt it? o well

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
January 10, 2004 08:44AM
January 10, 2004 09:26AM
Yup.

Norton Systemworks combined with Norton Internet Security.

But for free, use these:

Google Toolbar 2.0

^Handy search plug in for IE that comes equipped with a built-in pop up stopper. Reliable.

Ad-Aware 6

^Will search and destroy any and all spyware that is monitoring your internet activity. Frequently updated and easy to use. DO NOT USE IN CONJUNCTION WITH KAZAA. If you are using Kazaa, then this is pretty fucking pointless, because you've already bent over and taken it up the ass anyway.

KAZAA IS FUNDED BY SPYWARE. IF YOU USE AD-AWARE TO REMOVE THESE ASSOCIATED SPYWARES, KAZAA WILL CEASE TO RUN.

And fyi.... If you decide to remove Kazaa; it WILL leave the spyware behind. Scour the internet for the even more illegal Kazaa-Lite (K-Lite++) for spy free usage. This is an illegal port of Kazaa that cuts out the crap, an illegal version of an illegal program, which can be illegally found for free.

Nice. yawning smiley)

Sorry to hear about your internet blues. Glad you kicked its ass.

Post Edited (01-10-04 18:36)
January 10, 2004 09:34AM
Zone Alarm

^Free Firewall. Yes. There are loads. You have no excuse not to be using one.

AVG

^Free antivirus. Again, if you aren't using some variant of a free or paid for AV package, you're a dumbass. Simply put.

Hope these are of use. There are many more.

January 10, 2004 09:52AM
i have norton, it told me i had no viruses when i first checked the computer. and therefore didnt work. but this did.
January 10, 2004 09:52AM
plus its expensive and some people dont have it.. so i thought a free version would be nice.
January 10, 2004 03:17PM
All i have to say is thank you

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
January 10, 2004 05:06PM
I had that dumb virus too
January 10, 2004 05:42PM
**** I have that exact fucking problem right now and it is driving me completely and utterly insane.

Thank you very much for bringing this up; maybe I can do something about it now.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
January 12, 2004 08:26AM
Norton it!

www.symantec.com

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π