ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Favorite Lyrics

Posted by 3eyedaliens 

Favorite Lyrics
March 10, 2003 11:17AM
Just wondering, what are everyone's favorite lyrics from Nine Days' songs?
They have really creative wording.

I like:

"You should never let the sun set on tomorrow before the sun rises today" (If I am)

"I want to be the heart for which you fell" and "All your carefully worded letters in your carefully spoken words" (Revolve)

"Eternal faith you've lost in me through" and "So you've been well, I couldn't tell I know you better" (Marvelous)

"I can't expect you to respect me until I've learned to respect myself" (Sometimes)

And two songs that have good lyrics all over (not that all of them don't) are Ocean and Wanna be.

And I've never heard Favorite Song but it looks like a really good song, lyrics wise
Re: Favorite Lyrics
March 10, 2003 12:28PM
"the words inside my head are better left unsaid to lie like the ghost beneath my bed" ~crazy

"you're beautiful unlike anyone and like a whisper in a breeze you were gone" ~beautiful

"if i could change anything then i would change everything" ~bitter

"you needed just enough anger to get you through the door and you had just enough honesty to make you want a little more" ~another day

.............................and my personal favorite.......................

"AND ITS SO SAD YOU'RE SO GOOD AND I'M SO BAD" ~257 weeks

i could go on forever here.......

-amy
nine days of rain

"dude, i'm old" ~jeremy
March 10, 2003 12:54PM
"if i could change anything then i would change everything" ~bitter

Ooh, I like that one too. smiling smiley
March 10, 2003 03:08PM
::makes the post go to the top for the fun of it:: ::wants to hear more favorite lyrics::
March 10, 2003 03:45PM
Urgh... i was typing up a nice long reply to this and for some random reason i accidentally closed the window so here I go again (and that just stuck a really lameo song in my head that does not relate to ND)

"I can't expect you to respect me until I learn to respect myself" I know someone else posted it but oh well!

"What I say is what I mean, no definition in between..." End Up Alone-- the song I totally blanked on... AHH!

"You're wearing your corduroys now aren't you cute, but you couldn't relate to the boy in the fancy suit" The Joneses the new way John always sings it live! I love it this way!

"Excuse my state of mind, did I spoil your Valentine" Marvelous... its just so Marvelous!

'If I could change anything then I would change everything" Bitter

The intro of 257 weeks (ya know the doodadooodododododododdooodadoodododod-- okay I wont elaborate anymore with my typing/singing of piano notes) Its the part that John said is rip off of that Lauren Hill song That Thing.

Okay, thats all I can think of right this very second and I don't wanna randomly close the window again!

Rock.on.Colleen.

March 10, 2003 03:52PM
::Gasps:: Someone else replied to it!! Yay!! I like the "excuse my state of mind, did I spoil your valentine" part too. I love that whole song. smiling smiley
March 10, 2003 03:59PM
Me too! It is really well written- the words rock! And the way Brian does the ooooohhhs is saweetness!

Rock.on.Colleen.

ANOTHER LYRIC that I like: "and by the duck pond she said" from Back To Me.... For some reason the way Brian says duck pond is comical to me...

March 10, 2003 04:02PM
Ahh, "Back to me" brings back memories. We all thought it sounded like a Blink 182 song, only better words. Good song. smiling smiley
March 10, 2003 04:04PM
Yeah, I could see that.

March 10, 2003 04:09PM
I dind't mean to send that last post so soon. Anywho, a couple years ago, I went to Florida with the marching band, and I listened to Nine Days for the whole day on the bus. Then when I tried to sleep, I had "Back to me" in my head so I came up with new words.

"If I could just fall asleep that would be so good, put some rest back in me, at least I think it should...." lol I'm not saying it was good... I was tired! smiling smiley It was interesting though.
March 10, 2003 04:16PM
LOL! Thats great... I'm constantly changing around lyrics... My friend Katie (a ND fan) burnt me a CD for my trip to Florida and the last song sounded like Absolutely so I was all excited and then it started out "this is the story of a squirrel" Not lying! The funniest song I have heard in a long time! If anyone wants to hear it, she found it on kazaa I think...

Rock.on.Colleen.

March 10, 2003 04:25PM
lol! That reminds me of this one song about Hanson...

"I fell in love with the lead singer of Hanson and I'm so happy now that I'm dancing"

And later on..

"Now I sold all of my records and I'm no longer a fan because I found out Taylor Hanson was a man"

That's not really a mocking of any song but it is a mocking of Hanson.. or Taylor.. one of the two. hehe.
March 10, 2003 04:30PM
OH! wait.... You forgot---

"Fashion shows with Beck and Hanson, Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson,
We're all invited to their mansions where we're gonna kick their asses!!!"
---- By the New Radicals called You Get What You Give (I think thats what it was called- the video was rockin! people at the mall in dog cages!)

Rock.on.Colleen.

March 11, 2003 07:28AM
'you carry your blues behind your eyes' is my theme. my motto.

...you carry your blues behind your eyes...
March 11, 2003 07:35AM
Tonight i'll say the sweetest words
but if i'm not dreaming i might not remember
to say just what i mean

with sounds of promise
and shades of grace
i'm
done hanging on maybe

BTW, what happened to new radicals? One great song then nothing!
March 11, 2003 07:39AM
Haha, I definently just downloaded the story of a squirrel song. very nice

Kat
March 11, 2003 07:48AM
I like...

"Do you wish apon a star, or does everything just out of reach seem just to far" and "Do you dream or do you sleep" -So Far Away

"I want to be the face in the moon, And watch the stars spin around your room." - Revolve

And... all of Wanna Be, If I Am, Everything, and the jonses grinning smiley

Kat
March 11, 2003 07:05PM
"a dreamers eyes are always open wide"

"breathing out and breathing in is harder than its ever been for me"

"the way i see it we have no choice speak our minds or loose our voice"

"do you dream or do you sleep"

"swingin from the vine of a coconut tree"
March 11, 2003 07:22PM
oh man, melissa! i had started to make a list, cuz i wanted to be all thorough and researched about this....and you went and stole 3 of mine!!! LOL

that's what i get!! ya snooze, ya lose...know what i'm sayin'?? i better go finish that list!!yawning smiley)

rachel......
March 12, 2003 04:40AM
My favorite lyric of all time, which I write in so many places, is definately "The words inside my head are better than the words I've said- as always" from Crazy, but comming pretty close behind that would be "Excuse my state of mind, did I spoil your Valentine" from Marvelous (it was my away message on AIM for all of Valentine's day), and "A dreamer's eyes are always open wide" from Still Here, which I also use as an AIM away message for when I'm sleeping (yeah, we college people never turn the silly AIM off- EVER :-) )

March 12, 2003 06:23AM
So many Hason fans...s.o..ma..ny..

Grabs his blankie and teddy@

SO ANYWAY! grinning smiley

Anything Back to Me .. cries@

Absolutely

If I Am

257 Weeks

Bob Dylan.. yeaahhhh.. etc.

That'll do me.

I absolutely love her when she smiles
March 12, 2003 06:25AM
Spacecase33 - I know what you mean about AOL never being off... my online time right now is over 3 days.... So bad... and at night my away message is:

"Do you dream or do you sleep? Hopefully right now I'm doing both!"

Rock.on.Colleen.

March 12, 2003 03:40PM
I've noticed how college people never have the AIM off!! I find it somewhat annoying, but then again I'd probably do that too... if I had a computer. We must conserve energy! Hehe, I had a little too much enviornmental biology last semester. But energy conservation is not a bad thing. ::Is rambling:: Yeah.. I'm gonna shut up now...
March 12, 2003 03:56PM
Real cute Heather..

I'll add you and we can talk whenever you do get on.. you know you can't resisit the AIM..

bye bye

March 13, 2003 11:11AM
id say my favorite lyrics have to be... "do you dream or do you sleep? do you pick and choose amongst the jewels for one to keep?"

and pretty much all the lyrics to if i am...that is my theme song- "never let the sun set on tomorrow b4 the sun rises today" is my senior quote too...i adore that entire cd. omg.....they need to go on tour again cuz this summer im planning on going concert happy.

btw- im kim...im new 17 yr old hs senior, upstate ny until the fall if i get accepted to fit then its off to the big city with me...wanna know more ask, i cant think of anything else to type.

Never let the sun set on tomorrow before the sun rises today...
March 13, 2003 11:24AM
i like "why do we all end up dead drunk or stoned" cuz it's so true and The words inside my head are better than the words I've said" this is all i can think of right now! but eh.. i love all the lyrics

s [insanesanity]
March 13, 2003 05:12PM
I hear that on If I Am.. Crazy.. aight aight..

March 14, 2003 08:55AM
"everywhere i kissed your face" back to me
"don't make me ask again and hold out this old tin cup, pull me up, well pull me up" miss alva maria
"theres something about the way she loves that moves me" miss alva maria
"without you its so hard to be me"all my reasons (i think!?)
"well the devils got a seat next to him, aw timmy he's waiting"oklahoma city
"sow the strength that grows from seeds, worship creativity" bob dylan
"you call me a dreamer, hey that's alright" muddy water

everything. god i love ninedays

March 14, 2003 09:24AM
"i love you most when you're fast asleep" the joneses

(i just heard it for the first time)

March 14, 2003 01:45PM
i wish for nothing but the rain to fall and wash away everything that i've done wrong, and after all, find a way to make you strong, if only for another day. ~another day
a bit selfish i should be. if i could change, i would. (when i heard this performed in concert, i had never heard the song before and i was really embarassed at first because instead of 'see it on my face' i thought he said 'sit on my face' and monty python kept running screaming naked through my poor fragile mind. but then i figured it out. and laughed really hard. and i got autographs. and promptly lost them.)~back to me
i find it hard to achieve what comes so easy, thorn upon roses. ~lost you
some trigger happy punk with his nose full of blow's got a contract out on agent bobby roe. he swore he'd get that little fucker if it's the last thing he'd do, still he might not make it to fifth avenue.~bobby roe
still i wanna be where you sleep,where you lie, where you breathe. and hate to say, still i sway brown your eyes, blown away. ~wanna be (i think some of those are wrong, but i'm not copying anything)
i wanna crawl inside your womb, i wanna watch the rose on your cheeks bloom. i wanna be the face in the moon and watch the stars spin around your room. all your carefully worded letters, all your carefully spoken words. i will continue to evolve, i will continue to revolve around your sun. cause you are the only one who understands who reaches out with both hands.... actually... the whole song. ~revolve
you could be waiting for your life to begin and you could be so much more than you've been. and i have found my feet 257 weeks. but you could be waiting for your life to begin. and it's so sad, you're so good and i'm so bad. but you won't see me wasting the best thing i've ever had. and it's such a shame that i can't tell you anything, you wont' hear me, still you endear me now.
hard to see past the window, facing forward looking back. over hears spent tracing wondering how you left your track. underwater breathing burns your lungs and breaks your back, but you could be waiting right here for a day that wont come. .... all of that song too. ~257 weeks.
these bitter days shall remain. ~bitter.
and that sums it up, for now. i have more, but not enough time to think of them all. i like mexico. but i don't feel like finding the cd to get the lyrics right.
catt

I used to be a superhero
no one could touch me, not even myself
you were like a phonebooth that i somehow stumbled into
now look at me, i'm just like everybody else.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π