ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Yellowcard

Posted by calm_waterz 

Yellowcard
January 24, 2004 11:41AM
Been listening to their new album (Ocean Avenue). I don't usually go for the pop/punk thing but these guys are good! Lovin the melodies!!! And they have a violin...very cool.
A zillion times easier to listen to than simple plan or good charlotte. Sure it's a bit emo but god damn this is some really nice stuff.

Anyone else have any opinions of them?
I reccomend it!

Re: Yellowcard
January 24, 2004 12:27PM
Don't dig 'em.

Listen to Brand New. Deja Entendu is remarkable.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
January 24, 2004 02:29PM
o man, what are you talkin bout? I love yellowcard. there were some posts a while ago where we talked about them. I love 'em too, i totally dig the violin parts. I don't like good charolette or simple plan much either, but these guys are way easier to listen to. I got their album a while back, some real quality stuff.

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
January 24, 2004 02:55PM
January 24, 2004 04:40PM
I'm sick to death of that "Way Away" song, but that's most likely because I play Madden 2004 constantly and it always plays.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
January 25, 2004 01:19AM
I love Yellowcard I think they're really good. The violin is an amazing part of the music too, when was the last time that was in a rock band? the last one I can think of is rusted root but they play almost every instrument know to man

"I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me." Our Lady Peace
January 25, 2004 01:24AM
I've just downloaded a bunch of songs by Yellowcard..great band!

A little similar to Diffuser..which is great.. smiling smiley

Even poets take showers..
January 25, 2004 03:52AM
yay yellowcard and diffuser
boo brand new

*~katie~*
January 25, 2004 08:08AM
wow, what a coincidence, i just happen to be wearing a yellowcard shirt at the moment. funny.

and by the way, yellowcard has an EP which is much better than ocean avenue, and another album called "something for the kids" or somethign which is also pretty good.

they are pretty awesome live too.

and mike, "your favorite weapon" is so much better than "deja entendu" although that video for sic transit... is awesome. it gives me chills. especially the table pushing over part.
January 25, 2004 08:41AM
Tt0cS:
Yeah they are playing edgefest along with alien ant farm and a whole bunch of NZ bands, i wouldn't mind going to see it but they only play christchurch and i'm in invers...so i'm **** outta luck there. I find it pretty rude that they are playing Auckland AND Hamilton, I mean wtf they are like 2 hours apart. Where are you anyway? I'm a huge fan of blindspott, saw em live a few months ago and met a couple of them, bloody awesome!

Oh and Mike, Way Away is just taking off here, that's how behind in we are, good song though (Untill the local stations start tho thrash it like they inevitably will)

January 25, 2004 01:40PM
"Your Favorite Weapon" sounds too pop-punk/Taking Back Sunday-ish.

Deja Entendu is kind of dark and mellow and I love it.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
January 25, 2004 05:18PM
Actually, I think Ocean Avenue is way better than anything else they've done. I don't much care for their more punk stuff which is mostly what that is (a few on OA, too). But stuff like Only One, Breathing, and Ocean Avenue are just amazing. One Year Six Months is sooooo wonderful. Makes me wish they did more acoustic stuff like that.

Oh, and I tried Brand New once... ugh. Sorry sad smiley. I actually wondered at how they got a deal...
January 26, 2004 05:56AM
i agree with you all

love yellowcard

-Brian
January 26, 2004 03:54PM
if you like yellowcard, you'll probably love the starting line. or any drive thru records band.
January 27, 2004 01:47AM
well Finch is on Drive-Thru and and they dont sound anything like Yellowcard or the starting line

"I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me." Our Lady Peace
January 27, 2004 04:40AM
yellowcard are cool, but i agree with mike.. brand new is way better, go listen to them! their single sic transit gloria is brilliant!

and the starting line are great too smiling smiley go listen this song 'best of me' its cool

http://assets.artistdirect.com/Downloads/artd/listen/startingline_bestofme.mp3

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π