ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SNOW DAY

Posted by SAB14 

SNOW DAY
January 26, 2004 02:18AM
we pulled it off with like an inch and a half. i love it.

~SOFiA~

"you wont hear me, still you endear me, now..woo woo"
Re: SNOW DAY
January 26, 2004 02:22AM
We are waiting in NY, but my job never closes!!!!!
January 26, 2004 02:24AM
are you a postman? hehehehhehe...

ok so my school is open, which means i still had to get up early get all bundled up, go outside walk five blocks in the snow&slush, to find out my class is cancelled.

SCORE!

January 26, 2004 02:25AM
If the subject wasnt "snow day" I would have thought this thread would have been about something else.

Hehehehehehe.
January 26, 2004 02:36AM
No I'm actually in Technology for City Schools but they just never close because they don't want to pay anyone.....
I do love my job and I really don't mind because I have a 99 Blazer. I feel bad for the people who travel from Jersey to get here"Hauppauge" and thank God I don't have to travel into Manhattan until Feb.
January 26, 2004 02:39AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
January 26, 2004 02:45AM
cwistina, i think its suppose to get worse which is why we have off, but for now its like a freebe yays!!

and yes bones, its almost a jon bobbit snow storm, 3 inches on the ground
ew i dont know why i just repeated that joke

~SOFiA~

"you wont hear me, still you endear me, now..woo woo"
January 26, 2004 03:18AM
It's supposed to snow in England this week!!!!!!!! yey!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've been waiting a whole year for snow!!!!

And if it does eventually snow, I HAVE to go up to london to go skating, because skating in covent garden when the city is covered in snow is beeeaaaaaaauuuuuuuuutiful!!

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
January 26, 2004 03:52AM
where's my snow ??? im not that far away from yall
no snow or really cold days off here yet this year... i always get shafted

*~katie~*
January 26, 2004 04:16AM
Gotta love snow...of course england grinds to a halt as soon as 3 or more flakes hit the ground.

James Mead
January 26, 2004 04:58AM
i've drawn some conclusions from this thread:

most people like snow
scott is sick, and has a dirty mind (like myself)
sof and i have the hottest signatures ever.

January 26, 2004 12:49PM
i had a snow day too...i dont go to school but my boss did call and wake me up 9...telling me we werent opeing the store...okay thats great...but i wasnt suposed to work untill 5 and they werent closing untill three, WHY couldnt they have called me when i wasnt asleep?

either way im thankfull, im hoping for another one tomorrow!!

Mandy
January 26, 2004 01:40PM
Tax money to good use.

God bless America.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
January 26, 2004 02:07PM
haha, chicago has a snow warning up, 3-6 inches overnight! kick arse! and yes, most people do love snow, haha, gotta love it.

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
January 27, 2004 03:10AM
Woohoo!! it is snowing here!! yey!! only a tiny tiny bit, and it isnt settling, but this means:
1. it will get much colder overnight, therefore

2. it will snow lots overnight, so

3. when i wake up at the totally stupid hour of 6.30, there will be loads of snow on the ground.

4. i will have an incredibly fun bus journey trying to go down a 10 mile motorway at an average speed of 3mph for 2 hours, not actually reaching the town my school is in, before the bus driver decides to take us back,

5. i will get the rest of the day off

6. and be able to go to a friends house or the park and play in the snow alll day long

7. the whole of England will grind to a halt because we are so not used to this happening

8. random people will be soo much happier and nice to you because of the great happiness snow brings, and finally,

9. the snow flakes are soooooooo pretty and making snow angels is soooooooo fun

how could this not be a good thing???

~ Sofi ~

January 27, 2004 03:12AM
January 27, 2004 03:17AM
but you're the whole way up in manchester!! im way down south and we have snow, but you don't. Where is the logic in that??

Dear Lord,

apparently we are all equal in your eyes, so please show some equality by blessing all as you bless the eskimos. Not only will snow bring great happiness to all, it will reduce crime (because people will be too busy playing in the snow), reduce depression (and therefore suicides, one of the great many sins) and we will all be eternally grateful.

Amen

~ Sofi ~

January 27, 2004 04:03AM
ha....sof i think has school today

diana and i have today off....snow day #3 for me and tomorrow is looking promising for another day off

I wonder what its like to be remembered- John Hampson
January 28, 2004 04:14AM
Well, i didnt get my day off today as i had hoped for, because all the snow we had melted overnight :-(

But, i was just out at the docters, and literally 5 seconds before we got in the car, a huge hail storn started. This continued for about 5 minutes before turning into rain, which has now turned into snow!!!!!!!!

It is like a blizzard!! The snow started about 10 minutes ago and there is already about an inch of it on the ground!!! Being in the car was great, all the hail would hit the windscreen and bounceoff.

We are also having huge amounts of lightening and thunder, which completely light up the sky and actually made my house shake!!

This blizzard is the best thing that ever happened!!!!!!!

~ Sofi ~

January 28, 2004 04:38AM
January 28, 2004 04:48AM
ahahahhahaha..... having lived in Upper Michigan and Alaska... you are all wusses when it comes to snow..... Upper michigan, it's not a snow day unless you can't open your front dorr because there too much snow in the way.. or you physically can't find your car.. like snow is higher than it..... it's quite an amazing sight.... but sucks to dig out.. lol... these are like extremes that ihave witnessed.. but they never call snow in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan unless it's like that.. now here in ther lower Penn..... they call off school once like 4 inches have fallen!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
January 28, 2004 04:51AM
it's 68 degrees outside.

rachel......
January 28, 2004 05:13AM
68 degrees?? how far south are you??

~ Sofi ~

January 28, 2004 06:02AM
we got lots of snow...i had classes today...all the other frikin schools here cancelled...but no, god forbid we have a snowday...if its going to be cold and snow why cant it be blizzarding ?

*~katie~*
January 28, 2004 07:49AM
I wish it was 68 here

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
January 28, 2004 08:17AM
yea i got a snow day too......but i still have to go to work tonight......sons of bitches........i hate the fucking cold
January 29, 2004 04:14AM
Alas, I did not get a day off. This sucks!

However, tonight is going to be great, cos im going skating (which i luv) with a certain person (whom i really like) and it will be perfect becuase theyre will be snow and skating and this guy, three of my favorite things.

Yey

~ Sofi ~

January 29, 2004 10:37AM
ohhh now that sounds like a good time

*~katie~*
January 30, 2004 03:53AM
We got our second snow day this week today! There is like no snow on the ground, either. I think our administrators are idiots.

the shortest six miles of my life
end faster than i would have liked

January 30, 2004 03:58AM
ditto, accept our snow is a deadly white beast! sometimes we do get luccky in kentucky
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π