ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ot: SR-71

Posted by Meelman 

ot: SR-71
February 09, 2004 12:30AM
(...) Yeah, I know this is not about Nine Days, and I complained about the fact that there were too much crap threads, but even a thread about Nine Days can be crap, it doesn't have to be about Nine Days, it has to make sense, a good subject, but we discussed that, so ontopic:

What does everyone think of SR-71, favorite songs? The drummer has been in Nine Days for awhile, if I'm right... (??). That's the way I got into them and I really like Now You See Inside. Tomorrow is a bit heavier, it has to grow on me I guess.

My favorite songs are Alive, that's a really great song, Fame and of course Empty Spaces.

Post this image everywhere you can, in avatars, signatures, just everywhere
Re: ot: SR-71
February 09, 2004 12:35AM
i think you're talking about SR-71's first disc, and yes the drummer on that, dan garvin filled in for vinnie, when he dropped out the first time. i saw dan play with ninedays & sr-71. and he also taught my friend how to play the drums (he was a privete instructor at my school, weird, no?)

right now, the only guy thats still in SR-71 that was on the yellow cd is their singer, mitch allen. he is mean. new bass, new lead guitar, new drummer. i haven't heard their new stuff... lou likes them. (i think?)

and i always liked 'what a mess' and the one about the astronaugt with one arm.

February 09, 2004 01:17AM
Oh, it's an almost completely ruined/new band... ok. You can definately hear the difference between Now You See Inside (the first cd) and Tomorrow (their latest one), but I don't think they've made any progress on that latest one, except that the guitars are better on Tomorrow. The lyrics, vocals et cetera are better on the first one.

February 09, 2004 03:59AM
over all, sr-71 is mediocre. and from my town.

February 09, 2004 05:31AM
I didnt know that crew of SR-71 has changed completely. I love the Album of 2000. But the new one isn?t my taste - except the song "hello"

Greetings

Dominik
February 09, 2004 06:17AM
i only heard their song Tomorrow, and it was kinda heavy. I didnt like it so im not really into them now. but if u say theyre good, ur probably right... i'll check them out some day

February 09, 2004 06:33AM
Try their first album, now you see inside, it's less heavy. I'm sure if you hear the song "right now", you'll recognize it, it's their only hit-single in Holland. Also try Fame and Empty Spaces. Alive is my fave, but it isn't like their other stuff that much.

February 09, 2004 06:49AM
now you see inside was awesome......mitch was once nice back in the day

the new album tomorrow sucks completely but jeff and mark were still in the band when it came out so mark i guess evolved more as a player

the band has gone down hill......mitch is an ass....
dan garvin was the best...he gave great hugs too....
jeff reid was cool too smiling smiley

Travy

I wonder what its like to be remembered- John Hampson
February 09, 2004 08:15AM
tracy does jeff reid have soft lips?

February 09, 2004 08:25AM
SR-71 is one of the best bands out there. Now You See Inside was an amazing debut and any band would die for such a thing. I have to say though that Tomorrow is slightly better. Both are in my top 10 though (www.amirsmusicworld.com). When I first heard the single Tomorrow I myself was a little worried about them, since their sound had changed quite a bit. But the more you listen to the song you realize it's the same SR-71 that they always were. The same hooks and catchy lyrics are there, and the musical creativity has grown. The heavier sound does nothing to mask the sound of SR-71. The entire new album, Tomorrow, is practically perfect in construction and design. Of course not as close to The Madding Crowd or So Happily Unsatisfied perfection, but it doesn't get much closer. If you brushed off SR-71 becaue of the new sound, listen again. Also, if you haven't heard anything by them yet, take a listen. It's well worth your time. Don't be discouraged by others, treat yourself to some good music.

- Amir Mehranfar
Webmaster of www.amirsmusicworld.com
February 09, 2004 08:50AM
SR-71 ROCKS THE SET!
yeah thats all im going to say.
February 09, 2004 09:23AM
very nice guys , john the new drummer gives better hugs (he grabs your ass if your lucky, joking) if u get a chance to see them do so great live show ,also the new new stuff is even better ,song Axle Rose is great and funny(if you grew up in the 80's you'll see why) you can d/l the song off their web site hope you enjoy. http://sr71music.com

Post Edited (02-09-04 18:38)
February 09, 2004 12:16PM
christina....you rock

I wonder what its like to be remembered- John Hampson
February 09, 2004 01:05PM
angry smiley hehehehehehe

February 09, 2004 10:26PM
Hmm, that Axl Rose thingy was not good imho... I also have two other new song, All American and another one and I like them even less than Tomorrow... where is the progress....?? NYSI was such a great album...

February 09, 2004 11:27PM
it was alright. i dunno... i did like when mark performed half naked though.

February 10, 2004 12:30PM
ehh they are ok ... mark was the talent in the band.
February 10, 2004 12:39PM
iambetterthenyou wrote:

> ehh they are ok ... mark was the talent in the band.

no he wasn't or his new band would be signed by now !!!
February 10, 2004 01:00PM
hahaha. lou ;x!

February 10, 2004 02:32PM
i used to love them. i saw them first with nine days and they blew me away. an awesome stage show, major audience interaction. and when i found tomorrow i was so excited because now you see inside was such an awesome album, but then i listened, and what a letdown. the sound completely changed, and for the worse if you ask me. sr-71 had potential. but lately i give them a big thumbs down.
February 10, 2004 03:38PM
haha. i saw them play with nd too heheheheh...

February 10, 2004 06:00PM
I think they're a great band. Yes, the change in sound is regretable in some cases but you almost can't compare the two because they are so different. Yeah, it's not smart to do but I love both sounds. I actually even prefer the newer remix of Non-toxic over the original. My favorite song by them is Empty Spaces. Second fave, In My Mind. <--- VERY powerful song. Those who say lyrics aren't good on Tomorrow have to at least admit that one is an exception, if none else.

Other great tracks: Goodbye, Paul McCartnery, Hello Hello, and Another Night Alone.
February 11, 2004 12:14AM
I agree that the new Non-toxic is better than the old version, but it's still an awful song imho. My least fave from NYSI definately.

February 11, 2004 12:43AM
well to prove mark's talent ... NYSI was basically mostly mark's music and lyrics and some mitch.

tomorrow was all mitch a little john and NO mark at all

since everyone seems to think NYSI was better ... i wonder why ... maybe because it was mostly mark's stuff

wow ... how genius
February 11, 2004 01:12AM
mark had a pretty upperbody.

February 11, 2004 03:39PM
Christina..remember John taking us on stage while SR was playing?? lol that rocked....and just an update...Dan Garvin has a new band, I forget their name, they change it a lot. They are pretty good, I saw them about a year ago in Baltimore....his lead singer is hot lol
February 11, 2004 05:01PM
the lead singer always is hot. its a rule. and CHRISTY WHERE THE FUCKING HELL DID YOU COME FROM!

and yes i remember that. that was my main experience with mark's upperbody.

February 12, 2004 01:00AM
I havent had internet at home in like a month lol..sorry! plus, this college stuff gets harder and harder as you get closer to graduation...hehe
February 12, 2004 05:53AM
i hear ya

[and im only a frosh]

February 12, 2004 05:56AM
do you even realize how groupie like you all sound ...

truly it is sad
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π