ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Procrastinate

Posted by The Turkey 

Procrastinate
March 03, 2004 05:35PM
I started writing a paper about three hours ago. I stopped two hours ago. All I have left is a couple of paragraphs. Why aren't I writing it?

Because the paper sucks, that's why, and I can't face it.

Here's a lesson to you, kids: don't start writing papers at 11 o'clock when they're due the next morning. Because odds are you're going to drive yourself crazy. And it just might suck. My papers don't always suck but this one just sucks.

I remember I had a semster to write a thesis paper on John Steinbeck's life and how it influenced the Grapes of Wrath. I waited until the day before it was due, spent seventeen hours researching and writing it. And boy did it suck. The teacher even said part of it were "abysmal."

You'd think I'd learn.

Pardon me while I find something new to do instead of finish the last three paragraphs of my paper.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
Re: Procrastinate
March 03, 2004 05:51PM
The piece of **** is done now. I'll be handing in a B paper tomorrow.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
March 03, 2004 06:31PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
March 04, 2004 01:34AM
i do the same thing, wait until 11 to start writing a 7 page paper, end up writing a piece of ****, get a B+, re-read the damn thing and see all the places it could be good, and get pissed at myself, yet i never, ever learn, ah well...

*~katie~*
March 04, 2004 01:48AM
some of the best stuff i write is when i write it the night before it's due. not all, but some...

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
March 04, 2004 03:45AM
i can think of more than one paper that i wrote, the day they were due, during earlier classes, then ran home to type really fast. college is a joke. all you have to do is find out what the professor wants you to say, then say it well.
March 04, 2004 03:46AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
March 04, 2004 12:08PM
I don't know if it'll be different in college, but since 8th grade I've written one paper more than a day before the due date and I got a D on it. The rest I've written the day before and never gotten lower than an 81. I swear the pressure and deadline helps motivate and inspite me and it comes out better.
March 04, 2004 04:30PM
that it does, i dont really know if my work would be better if i did it earlier, as i have never attempted it

*~katie~*
March 06, 2004 06:27AM
Writing stuff late at night is fun, its way easier, except i can never listen to music when im that tired because i start writing the lyrics instead of what im actually supposed to be writing.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
March 06, 2004 09:40AM
I always get like one paragraph or something done then end up finding something else to do and I do it the night before. Don't think I've ever gotten lower than an 84 on any paper I've written the night before, but that was on a book I kinda didn't read so I made it up as I went along.

I listen to music when I do everything. when i read, do hw, excercise, go to sleep....I pick different music for different things, but basically it all relaxes me and gets me focused on what i'm doing. Doesn't work for all people though. I have Sugarcult, "Memory" playing right now cause i'm still kinda pumped from baseball practice (hehe, i'm loving that I get to say that now).

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π