Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

dear concert go-ers...

Posted by Revolving Sun 

dear concert go-ers...
March 04, 2004 11:57AM
Dear person in front of me who thinks you can dance,

You can't. Plus that type of flailing isn't appropriate for this heart-wrenching love ballad.

Dear guy yelling incessantly for your favorite song to be played,

I feel your pain. Really I do. I've been to see some bands, multiple times, and still haven't heard a couple of my favorite songs. But here's an idea, if you're going to yell for a song do so during a quiet part between songs. After that, the band might play it or they might not. Some musicians prefer to follow their set list, and the song you are requesting might be one that the band hates playing live (or just hates all together). You might want to
try e-mailing the band or getting to the venue early and request your favorite song if you bump into the band. Regardless, please refrain from yelling for a song more than once or at most twice and please don't do it in
the middle of a story or song that the rest of us want to hear!

Dear girl standing behind me singing the songs into my ear louder than the performer,

Ok, I came to hear the person on stage sing, not you. Which is good, because the singer on stage knows the actual words. I like singing along at concerts too, and concert sing-a-longs can be some of the coolest concert
moments but there are times to sing at the top of your lungs and times not to. If you don't know the difference between these too, then please don't sing at all. Also, invest in tic-tacs or something. Damn.

Dear people who keep pushing past me repeatedly to get a drink,

Now, I'm not saying that you have to choose between music and booze. However, you really REALLY distract me from the performance. Here's the deal: if you know you want to drink through the whole show please don't choose to stand in the middle of the crowd (or front row center!) Stand near the sides or back of the crowd. Same goes for you smokers. Not everyone enjoys smelling like an ashtray. It's all about respect - if something you are doing will disrupt other's enjoyment of the show you should go out of your way to curtail it.

Dear guy heckling the opening band,

Most likely there are dedicated fans here who want to see the band you are harassing, and most likely one of them is me. Please don't yell for the band you want to see during the opening band?s set, don't boo them, and for the love of
god keep the talking to a minimum. Listen up. You might like what you hear. Let me break it down for you... you'll be front row center sporting one of the bands t-shirts in about a year when their song is number one and TRL tells
you to like them, and I promise I will remember you and expose you for what you really are, so just shut up now, enjoy the music and save us all the trouble.

Dear sleazy girl trying to get all over my junk,

No thanks.

Dear people acting like they need to get in front of me to meet up with a friend but then just stand there and block my way,

You are the lowest of the low. Not only did you deceive me, but you also have no concept of the personal space bubble. You are beyond help. Please stay home next time.

Dear couple behind me that talk through the ENTIRE concert,

Hey, I think you guys sat behind me at the ?Return of the King?. How are you doing? Seriously though, don't answer that, I don't care. Ok, you'd be marginally less annoying if you had no clue who this band is and didn't care about
the music. But I heard you talking about the band and it sounds like you are very familiar with them... plus you sing along to their songs every now and then. Please tell me why then, you feel it necessary to talk loudly
through the entire concert? I didn't hear any of the music, but I now know about your uncle's enthralling quest to grow out his mustache. Why didn't you just stay home and listen to the CD and talk if all you were going to do
was basically ignore the fact that there is live music being played? Seriously though, don't answer that, I don't care. Just don't do it again.

---
written by Kyle Curry
http://www.freshtracksmusic.com/news.asp?content_item_id=12900&content_type_id=7&entity_id=13&idx=2

Re: dear concert go-ers...
March 04, 2004 12:01PM
nice. it's so true.

Post Edited (03-04-04 21:01)

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
March 04, 2004 12:18PM
KICK ASS omg. i need to take this with me when i see hanson and post it EVERWHERE.

March 04, 2004 02:02PM
haha yeah, i'm known to run to the front yelling some made up name.

-Brian
March 04, 2004 02:05PM
oh i do that too hehehe...

March 04, 2004 04:12PM
yeah those Hanson fans really know how to suck down those apple juices in between songs..

LMAO...Sorry Christina...CLEARLY...Its time for me to go to bed...
March 04, 2004 05:20PM
i saw creed and sevendust in concert.. and while creed was playing there was this bitch in a leather jacket pushing her way to the front.. i was standing behind a person who was against the rail.. only because she was short.. and i'd be an ******* standing in front of her.. but anyway.. this bitch kept pushing and pushing... finally.. she squeezed her way in... to the rail.. this TANTO mother in front of me.. this guy was shirtless and i swear to god he was the hugest mexican guy i'd ever seen.. chode material.... he was being totally cool.. but when this bitch pushes her way up front.. me and tanto look at each other.. both understand what we had to do.. so we picked up the bitch.. and pushed her over the rail... and the security guards made her go around the rails exit stage left.. and go the back of the crowd... ... 30 min later.. she makes her way back up to us.. this time.. she knew we were out to get her!.. lol....so we lifted her up and started crowd surfing her.. she struggled.. but no avail because i had 400LB tatno helping me.. and once again.. she surfed her way beyond the rail.. and back to the back.. everyone cheered around us!.. hehe

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
March 04, 2004 05:51PM
LOL.. apple juice
March 04, 2004 06:12PM
yeah those Hanson fans really know how to suck down those apple juices in between songs..

i really need to take you to a hanson show scott, you will have the beejeezus scared out of you. i don't think i'm scared of anything in the world... but i am TOTALLY afraid of hanson fans when hanson is infront of them.

the sweetest most innocent looking girls turn into cold blooded KILLERS...

i've been in a rage against the machiene mosh pit, i've been in a rancid pit, i've been in a sevendust pit, i've been in a slipknot pit, i've been in a godsmack pit... and MANY many countless others...

none of those compare to a GA hanson show. i swear to GOD. i fucking HATE seeing hanson GA... i've gotten more bruises and been smothered more times in one tiny show in a tiny venue, than in any of those pits... and i'm telling you this from INSIDE the pit, like rage was mellow compared to hanson.

weird? YES. do i find this creepy? YES. but hanson fans are fucking crazy. and when hanson is there or even a glimpse of hanson... the freaks want blood. its creepy.

so that pin "i got the **** kicked out of me in the hanson moshpit" that they sell at hot topic... its kind of funny if you think about it. because you will, you just won't mean to...

and i guess thats the worst part, i saw rage and i wanted to get thrown around. i go see hanson, i do NOT. i want to watch pretty boys sing to me. i do NOT want to get trampled and kicked during a song like "crazy beautiful" it just doesn't work like that.

why am i rambling like this forever and ever? maybe because its 3:09am, and maybe because i'm hoping someone from the hanson camp will randomly read this and be like "GEE, maybe we should go back to seated venues" and maybe i'm just preparing myself for the CRAZINESS that is going to come one week from tomorrow...

all i have to say: in sayreville, nj hanson's show starts at 8pm on 3/13... hanson fans will get there at 3am 3/12 and begin the line... trapt's show begins at 8pm on 3/12, there will be tents lining the street... i would give anything to see the brawls that ensue ;o) *evil laughter*

LMAO sorry scott, *clearly* its time for ME to go to bed... *damn hnet is down!*

*dies of laughter*

March 04, 2004 08:59PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
March 06, 2004 02:07AM
hahaha certainly was

i nearly got mauled once, waiting for nd to go on, by rabid greg raposo fans...they were fighting over his sweat towel...it got ugly...oh, what i wouldnt suffer for the love of ninedays

*~katie~*
March 06, 2004 02:46AM
great post, u forgot 'dear moshers' cuz they push and kick just everything they see, even little girls like me *sniff* lol. no really, moshing is ok with me but NOT when not-moshing peeps get hurt.... or something

March 06, 2004 03:37AM
LOL Lady!!! I know exactly what you mean...I was thinking of a Hanson concert the entire time I was reading that. General Admission was the worst idea EVER!

In addition...I feel these should be added specifically for us.

Dear girl that screams during solos,

Yelling "TAYLOOOOOOOR" or "ZAAAAAAAAAC" at the top of your lungs throughout their solos (as well as during the rest of the concert) will not cause them to think "that girl just screamed my name. We should end this show right now so that I can hop off the stage and marry that beautiful, screaming fan."

Dear girls that scream EVERY SECOND OF THE SHOW,

Stop! If you love them so much...listen to them! Maybe they're singing a love song to you...maybe between songs they just said "everyone gets to come backstage after the show". But we didn't hear that...we heard your screaming.

Dear girls that pretend to be in wheelchairs or on crutches,

You're going to hell for that, I guarentee it.

Dear person that insists on starting to sway when the crowd is packed like sardines,

Maybe YOU want to sway, but your decision affects us all.

Dear person who keeps hitting, poking, smacking, kicking and jumping on me,

Stand still for once. Seriously.

Dear Band Aides,

Stay home for once. If they've met you that many times and they don't want to sleep with your skanky selves...perhaps you should take the hint.

Dear smoker,

Holding your cigarette above your head does not magically make the smoke disappear. There are too many people in that tiny room...and too much hairspray. Its dangerous.

Dear Micah/Ashley stalkers,

Youre a ho. Go home. No backstage pass for you.

Dear girls who show up 15 minutes before the show starts, walk to the front of the line and say "Is this the end of the line?"

No. It is not. Some dedicated people have been sleeping here for three weeks. They're tired, they're dehydrated, they're sore, and they're going to beat you into the ground.

Dear band,

When you see that people are dying out in the crowd...do not initiate clapping, screaming, jumping, dancing, snapping, or stage rushing. This means you Taylor...every time you reach out to touch the crowd, a girl somewhere is being smothered to death.

Post Edited (03-06-04 17:39)

"Breathing out and breathing in is harder than its ever been for me..."
March 06, 2004 05:24AM

WHAT ABOUT THE BANDS WHO HEAR REQUESTS SHOUT OUT AND PLAY THE REQUESTS?

( After requesting Greener Grass for 4 years I finally got it!)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π