ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Random Sony/Epic story

Posted by Melissa 

Random Sony/Epic story
February 13, 2003 11:24AM
I just got back from the mall. This random guy approached me and told me he was promoting his new cd. He said that he was working out a deal with sony/epic. So I told him the whole story of how nine days got really really screwed by them and how epic sux. I thought you guys would be happy to hear that story.

On a side note I listened to his demo and he was really really bad. LOL.

~MeLiSsA
Re: Random Sony/Epic story
February 13, 2003 11:27AM
haha

"I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me." Our Lady Peace
February 13, 2003 11:34AM
he should have ran the other way....FAR AWAY from sony...they r only gonna mess him up

too bad his demo sucks....too bad sony was stupid and lost an amazing group and doesnt have anything....NOT
February 13, 2003 03:06PM
*laugh* That's hilarious!

February 13, 2003 04:36PM
this is my favorite story!!! see what happens, sony? idiots....
February 14, 2003 03:09AM
I had a friend who was a promoter for Sony and even he quit cuz he hated them....granted it had nothing to do w/9 days but hey.

"I gots maad skillzz"-John @ CMU 2/8/03
Sony/Epic has disappointed me before!
February 14, 2003 06:45AM
Ever heard of the little known NYC pop/rock band Marry Me Jane? You might remember them from Columbia/TriStar's If Lucy Fell (starring Eric Schaeffer & Sarah Jessica Parker). Their debut album doubled as the film's soundtrack.

Sony's 550 Music gave a good three month push to promote their first single, "Twentyone". Unfortunately, with their album being a movie tie-in... all the hype died down after the movie opened and bombed. (Screw box office figures - that movie is one of my all-time favorites!!!) Even so, the album sold pretty well for a unknown band. And it was on several critics' "Best Album You've Never Heard" lists of 1996.

The band released their follow-up a year later. Due Sony's stupidity (ie: serious lack of promotion), the album was considered D.O.A. (A shame, too, because even though it was in a different mind-frame as their debut, it was great!) So of course Sony promptly booted 'em off the label and a few months later, Marry Me Jane called it quits.

When I heard what happened with Nine Days, I wasn't surprised. But I was extremely worried that the band would get frustrated and disband. Glad to see that they're trying to work things out on their own!

Shameless Plug: http://marrymejane.com -or- http://amandakravat.com

Just remember that the telephone works both ways. And if I never hear it ring, well if nothing else, I'll think the bells inside have finally found you someone else and that's okay. -Jason Mraz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π