ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Musicians' census

Posted by sofi123 

Musicians' census
March 09, 2004 05:08AM
Because the board needs this. Or just because.

Please state if you play any instruments, or whether you sing, or write, or anything else you want to state.

Also, whether or not you are in a band, or have recorded anything, and if you like, where we can listen to your recordings.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
Re: Musicians' census
March 09, 2004 05:16AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
March 09, 2004 05:17AM
sofi123 wrote:

> Because the board needs this. Or just because.
>
> Please state if you play any instruments, or whether you sing,
> or write, or anything else you want to state.
>
> Also, whether or not you are in a band, or have recorded
> anything, and if you like, where we can listen to your
> recordings.
>

no,no,no, i love the USA, nope, yes(lets just say don't get stoned and go to a friends band practice b/c the end up taping you singing /stoned ,is also the only tape i have of my best friend who's no longer with us!!) and nope ...

Post Edited (03-09-04 14:21)
March 09, 2004 05:20AM
Great idea sof!

Guitar (still early days though), and sing, write and shake my booty...(im too bootylicious for you, baby........................oh dear god...)

I am in a band, we are going into the studio this weekend (nervous? nooo!) and there will be a website very, very soon. And it'll be damn good, too...

James Mead
March 09, 2004 10:00AM
All righty then

Sax
Clarinet
Piano
Guitar
Learning to sing

I am in a band named E11even in honor of spinal tap. On our site under my profile there are two songs i've written, they're only midi though cause we haven't had time to learn them yet.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
March 09, 2004 10:07AM
flute in elementry school, I haven't touched it in years, so no jokes!

guitar, which i've had for about a month

sofi, what about you?

"What do you love about music? To begin with...everything"
March 09, 2004 10:18AM
March 09, 2004 11:13AM
my sister has never had any lessons at all.. and we've only had a piano fo rlike 3 years now.. and she can play anything she hears in just a couple minutes.. she has not clue about anything about readin music either... i think she should take lessons... she is 17

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
March 09, 2004 11:20AM
instruments (the ones i actually play, i Can play others)
clarinet
trumpet
guitar
piano
singing (voice, whatever you want to call it)
i also compose
bands:
Perscription for Hapiness
marching band: The Sound of North
also do some solo stuff
we've recorded, but i dont have many of the files. our marching band was in the rose bowl this year.

anything else?

alysha

the shortest six miles of my life
end faster than i would have liked
March 09, 2004 11:32AM
Go clarinets!!

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
March 09, 2004 12:26PM
musicdude wrote:

> Go clarinets!!
>

this one time in band camp !!
March 09, 2004 12:27PM
Actually i've been and i'm going again this summer.

March 09, 2004 01:55PM
Piano
Guitar
Bass
Vocals
Writing both lyrics and music

Was in a band for four and a half years, but college broke it up. I'm in the process of forming a new one with some guys in which I'd play rhythem guitar for the most part and sing. In my last band, I had to play lead and sing because the other guitarist wasn't good, and playing lead and singing at the same time is quite challenging.

My "gear" if you can call it that, is as follows:

Takamine acoustic guitar, black with marble inlays and an ebony neck
Fender Squire Stratocaster, black, that hasn't been played in years with a turtle shell pickguard
Fender Mexican Telecaster, midnight blue with a white pickguard (Mexican having superior bang-for-your-buck than the overpriced American ones)
Fender Blues Junior 15-watt tube amp (why doesn't anyone really need 100?)
Crate GX-15
Boss OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion
Ibanez Tube-Screamer
D'Addario strings
Fender medium picks

I'm looking to purchase a Les Paul Studio, seeing as I don't have a single guitar with humbucking pickups, and upon buying it, I will re-finish my tele, going with the natural wood, a black pickguard, and Texas Special pickups.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
March 09, 2004 01:56PM
i rocked the handbell's freshman year, i had the two small ones on the end

~SOFiA~

"you wont hear me, still you endear me, now..woo woo"
March 09, 2004 02:26PM
I only really play clarinet and I'm learning the guitar, getting pretty good actually.

ya man, clarinets are awesome. And hey, band camp ain't so bad...*ahem* if you know what I mean ;-)

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
March 09, 2004 03:46PM
haha i played clarinet for about a 3 weeks in 5th grade and then got kicked out because i didnt practice.

but at the moment, i've been playing guitar for a few months now...not that great, but that's expected for not playing too long...and i adore singing...there's nothing like it. smiling smileyscubacayman88 wrote:

Never let the sun set on tomorrow before the sun rises today...
March 10, 2004 01:09AM
drums! i can play the whole TMC, still practising on other ND albums
and nope not in a band, but i really want to be in one grinning smiley ..... so anybody near the Netherlands looking for a drummer?

March 10, 2004 03:34AM
Hey, yeah I try to sing, play guitar piano and a bit of bass. Im working on a website at the moment where im posting up some of my tunes.

One of my best mates is called Barry Roe so I simply had to do a version of Agent Barry Roe. You can check it out if you like at the address below!

Theres also a song I wrote recently about a girl that I used to see a while ago. She messed me up a little and so I decided to take all my frustration of that whole relationship and put it in my only ballad type tune. Theres some Brianesque style rage there for sure!!

http://csserver.ucd.ie/~a01bf72b/Tightrope/

Id appreciate any feedback on the song "Anyway",
Ninedays are my main inspiration for writing songs, along with my own experiences and stuff so if you have time please listen and tell me what you think, cheers winking smiley
March 10, 2004 03:39AM
oh and genisus, tried downloading your track but there was some weird ass error. Let me know when you have the full version up tough. interested to hear your stuff..........!!
March 10, 2004 03:41AM
i took piano lessons for 7 years back in elementary and middle school. i only remember how to play the simpsons theme, but i play it pretty good. and i can kind of still read music... kind of.

oh yeah, and i play my cd player very well. i can adjust the volume, press play, stop, fast-forward, rewind, skip tracks, and - get this - push the bass booster button for better bass. i' m highly skilled in that field.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
March 10, 2004 03:44AM
Genesis, there is more yawning smiley)
Played piano for 5 years, grade 5.
Supposed to be learning guitar, but yeh, im crap, should probably get lessons.
Been writing for about 6 months, mainly lyrics, just started on music. Only just started getting better at lyrics cos i used to be really shy about it.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
March 10, 2004 06:21AM
I've played the guitar for 4/5 years, I sing, try to compose. Musically I've done good stuff but my lyrics suck. I was in a band last year with friends from high school, I was the lead singer and the lead guitar player which is pretty hard (try to sing and play Supersonic by Oasis with Noel Gallagher's riffs and solos). I played only during a year, we played a few Weezer, Oasis, Juliana Theory songs AND we played (and I sang) Absolutely. Never recorded anything. And now since I'm in college I've found nobody who need a guitar player. And I'm not likely to get into one 'cause i hafta study hard : I failed in my exams this semester... But I am a pretty good player and I don't sing too bad believe me!!!!...
March 10, 2004 08:13AM
yay! lots of clarinets!
and band camp is awesome.
i mean, who doesnt like marching and playing for like 20 hours a day?

alysha

the shortest six miles of my life
end faster than i would have liked
March 10, 2004 09:22AM
oh dear! how could i forget writing!

i've been writing for as long as i can remember... smiling smiley

you can check out some of my songs/verses and the like as well as some of my artwork at my deviantart site if you want-

http://abstractangel.deviantart.com

Never let the sun set on tomorrow before the sun rises today...
March 10, 2004 10:49AM
Guitar since I was 7 or 8, that's 10 or 11 years.
Keyboard, I pretend to know how to play it.
I write.
And I pretend to know how to sing.

~Ryan~
March 10, 2004 11:24AM
haha, plus the wicked bad farmers tans after 3 weeks of band camp are hilarious. One of my friends took a picure of one of her friends when we were in formation right, and he's like right up front so you can see all of him, ok? Then she took the picture home and edited it on her computer so it looks like the entire formation of 300 or 400 people look like this one kid with a bright yellow hat and sunglasses. One of the funnier things I've seen....

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
March 10, 2004 12:52PM
The band camp i went to was symphonic though, not marching.

March 11, 2004 05:58AM

My name is Jessica and I play guitar and sing, as well as write songs.

I've recorded a few songs, but just for personal use, so they're not up on any websites or anything.

I just recently got accepted into a talent competition for performing a song that I wrote, and I'm excited to see how that turns out. The competition is on April 22 and I could win up to $500!

"Breathing out and breathing in is harder than its ever been for me..."
March 11, 2004 06:27AM
March 11, 2004 06:11PM
I play guitar (mostly rhythm), bass, and am practicing and getting better at piano - when I get the chance to play it. I'm writing *something* all the time. I write these really formulaic pop/rock songs. For the most part I think I write really good melodies, and then I just piece them with a 4 or 5 chord progression. I write my own lyrics, melodies, music, etc. I sing on all of my songs, though my voice isn't great, I have my range.

I'm also co-writing songs with my housemate, who is an *incredible* guitarist, and those tunes are much rockier, complex, and progressive. For those tunes he writes the majority of the music and then I write most of the lyrics and melodies, though we throw ideas back and forth, and discuss what direction we want the song to go in. Other tracks I'll bring him a cool little progression and a melody and he'll do his thing on top of it, and add this incredible and fitting lead. Mighty talented guy, though I think I'm a better songwriter. winking smiley

Post Edited (03-12-04 03:18)

- Brian
www.3eb.co.uk
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π