ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

secret window

Posted by great198 

secret window
March 12, 2004 04:07PM
i just got back from seeing this new johnny depp movie, and in comparison to the other recent stephen king-based films i've seen (hearts in atlantis and dreamcatcher), this is the best of them all. but don't go in thinking it's going to be a serious, highly-suspenseful thriller. it's very goofy, and you can tell it was intentionally made that way. johnny depp is really funny, and well... goofy. that's the word to describe this movie, goofy. it rarely takes itself seriously (unlike dreamcatcher, which took itself seriously and was unintentionally "bad" funny). i can defnitely say i was entertained, but it was probably one of the worse j. depp movies i've ever seen (the worst being once upon a time in mexico). but like OUATIM, johnny rocked in it. that's my review. i'm film critic jay sherman and that was coming attractions.

it stinks!!! (the critic quote, obviously)
Re: secret window
March 12, 2004 04:36PM
"but don't go in thinking it's going to be a serious, highly-suspenseful thriller. it's very goofy, and you can tell it was intentionally made that way. johnny depp is really funny, and well... goofy."

that's the charm of Johnny......have you seen Pirates of the Carribean? yea nough said. Love him. oh and his worst movie ever has to be "The Astronauts Wife" but then again, I have my own story about that. And I love once upon a time in mexico
March 12, 2004 06:12PM
oh, i love pirates. my opinion on it is that standing alone, it's a decent movie. but with johnny, it's a great movie. and that's just my opinion on OUATIM. i just didn't like it, but johnny's character was great (eccentric and j. depp go hand in hand). i've never seen the astronaut's wife. sooner or later, i'll have to see all the depp movies. i've seen a good number so far.
March 12, 2004 06:41PM
Dreamcatcher has to be the worst movie i've ever seen

Post Edited (03-13-04 05:00)

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
March 13, 2004 01:07AM
It was really annoying when i saw cause all through the movie a bunch of girls were like "awww it's johny" and commented on him through the entire thing. Also my friend predicted the ending and told it to me which wasn't fun. Good movie though.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
March 13, 2004 01:18AM
i thought it was really cool.
i expected it to be one of those movies whos only purpose is to scare you, but it actually had a plot that was interesting.
i really liked it, still, you might want to wait and rent it because it wasnt phenominal.
thats my review

alysha

the shortest six mile of my life
end faster than i would have liked
March 13, 2004 02:12AM
this movie was SICK...

i love johnny, even wore my pirates shirt to the theater, but i am able to keep my mouth shut when watching him on screen (not to mention the fact that i thought i would squeal every time he said "amy" lol)

AND they even threw in a preview for troy!

i loved all of depp's little quirky lines...and the hair and bathrobe make the movie lol

-amy

"one question haunts and hurts too much, too much to mention: was i really seeking good, or just seeking attention?"

"dude, i'm old" ~jeremy
March 13, 2004 02:47AM
there was a gret article about johnny in this weeks 'Time':

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1101040315-598528,00.html

"What do you love about music? To begin with...everything"
March 13, 2004 04:46AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
March 13, 2004 05:39AM
i was supposed to see it last night but missed it.

instead, sneak preview tonight of TAKING LIVES. yessss
March 13, 2004 09:30AM
i love kiefer sutherland.
March 16, 2004 08:26AM
i thought this movie was good. i wasnt too thrilled on going to see it cause i dont get hyped for scary movies but this wasnt scary. johnny depp amazes me every time
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π