ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Something Corporate - Konstantine

Posted by Meelman 

Something Corporate - Konstantine
April 02, 2004 10:59PM
Maybe there've been a lot threads about this band since the release of Leaving Through The Window, a fantastic album, but I only know this band for a month now and I must say I'm really in love with this great band! And this single song deserves it's own thread imo.

After hearing songs like Woke up in a car, Not what it seems, Cavanaugh Park, You're Gone and especially Globes & Mapes I was immediately convinced of the quality of this band. Later I discovered their new album North, it is good, but not as perfect as Leaving Through The Window imho, maybe I have to listen it just more, but still a great album by a great band.

Like the topic title says, it's about Konstantine. It's my new favorite song ever. It clocks 9:37, that's amazing!! Most of the superlarge songs from other artists have a huge instrumental part or repetitive lyrics, but Konstantine is just a full song, with fantastic, meaningful and not repetitive lyrics and a beautiful (most beautiful ever) piano part imo. The voice of the singer adds the finishing touch, with the emotional sound of it. This song is pure class.

I'd like to recommend it to everyone on here, you can download it with soulseek for example, it'll take some time, but it's definately worth waiting. But probably most of you already know this song or at least the band.

What do ya'll think of this song (and band)?

Post this image everywhere you can, in avatars, signatures, just everywhere
Re: Something Corporate - Konstantine
April 03, 2004 01:13AM
go see them live if you have the chance.
you will love them even more.

holly

----------------------------------------------
&&the time i'll waste, just to say goodbye&&
April 03, 2004 01:16AM
i think Konstantine is really great!! never heard such a long song which is as good as this..
April 03, 2004 01:39AM
Uhm live... here in Holland... hmmz....

April 03, 2004 02:32AM
i too love them and konstantine is one of the greatest songs ever

*~katie~*
April 04, 2004 12:33AM
only know a few songs, woke up in a car, space, punk rock princess... theyre cool.

April 04, 2004 02:35AM
north is my favorite, but both are great albums.

Live you ask?

4/23/04 @ 7PM, The Riviera, Chicago. Yellowcard and Something Corporate. Tell me if any of you are going too!

-Brian
April 04, 2004 07:32AM
Yellowcard will come to Holland in June, they're touring with Something Corporate, but SoCo won't come over to Holland in june...... mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. SoCo is way better than Yellowcard, but YC is also a good band.

April 04, 2004 09:13AM
when i saw something corporate in london they played konstantine!
April 04, 2004 10:21AM
i'll be at the charleston, IL one.
GO EARLY AND SEE THE FORMAT OPEN.
they will own you by the end of their set.
so amazing.

holly

April 04, 2004 11:32AM
konstantine rocks my face off......(the two versions that I have)....
something corporate is def. one of my fav bands
April 04, 2004 02:46PM
i love the format.
they are a dance party.

April 04, 2004 02:50PM
^^ that was me.
but holly thinks so too

xo. hilary
__i find hope and it gives me rest. (hanson.net)
April 04, 2004 03:21PM
ha. yeah.
but not as much as apollo sunshine.
they were a dance party waiting to explode.

holly

April 04, 2004 07:01PM
Hey alpo, two versions?? What's the difference and how long is each song??? Mine is 9:37....

April 05, 2004 02:40AM
I completely love this band...I cannot stop listening to them.....
"Fall" is one of the most addicting songs I have ever heard. I love the piano and punk mix...They have really done a great job with writing. "Space" is good and the new CD is alright but "Leaving Through the Window is very addicting
April 05, 2004 04:27AM
Indeed, Fall is amazing!!

I also have the two versions of Konstantine now. One is the family version 2001, not a song from an album. The other one is a life recorded bonustrack from Ready....Break. I like the cleaner, second version better.

Has anyone heard 'Forget December'? I guess it's a christmassong. It sounds nothing like their other stuff, but it is a great song.

April 05, 2004 06:02AM
hey meelman where is Yelloward coming in holland?

April 05, 2004 06:19AM
Melkweg, 7 juni. Ga je erheen?

Ik weet het nog niet, ik moet ff hun muziek beetje luisteren. Ken het verder niet echt.

April 06, 2004 01:19PM
If you wanna hear a song very similar to Konstantine (I prefer it greatly, though I doubt my opinion will be shared) you can listen to it here: http://www.thrivingivory.com/Angels_on_the_Moon_-_Live_Acoustic.mp3

Unfortunately that is just a live version, which still sounds amazing but nothing competes with the CD version but unfortunately I lost my Thriving Ivory cd awhile ago. I suppose if there's enough people who want it, I'll post the studio version once I get a new copy of the CD.
April 06, 2004 02:40PM
I have a live version with a bunch of the words screwed up (on the Ready ...Break CD) and a recorded version.
Both are pretty standard in length, the recorded just has better vocal quality and lyrics.
April 06, 2004 09:45PM
Yes I have them both too. I'm gonna listen that thrivingivory song now smiling smiley

April 07, 2004 03:17AM
Thus another reason I love this board!!!
Just listened to Thriving Ivory and wow they sound great Live.
Yes it is a long song but the piano and vocals are great and the lyrics are very well thought out. I am glad you posted this band Tim! Thanks...I love the piano bands.

Post Edited (04-07-04 12:18)
April 07, 2004 05:35AM
No problem, they've been one of my favorite unsigned bands for a couple years now, it's good to see other people like them. If you wanna hear more I suggest downloading Unhappy from their website, that's another favorite.
Im still trying to figure which of these songs I think are more majestic -
Woke up in a car, Cavanaugh Park, Fall and Globes & Maps. It depends on my mood really. I wish they never found their "Mature Sound" for North because leaving through the window is up there with the madding crowd as one of my favourite albums probably ever. The piano playing in this band adds a dynamic that really sets them apart

April 09, 2004 02:11AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
April 09, 2004 03:02AM
Ok, Heres the breakdown
Woke Up in a Car is more of a feel good song.....gets you pumped up!
Cavaneugh Park is a great written song. Lots of lyrics and a long song but listenable.....Something you listen to when your in thought. Kind of has the Counting Crows "Mr. Jones" feel to it.
Fall is very good and again a song that pumps you up into a good mood.
Globes and Maps is probably the most interesting due to the fact that you hardly see anyone sing about Geography!

I will vote for Cavaneugh Park for the most Majestic due to the difference in their original style of writing.
I have to say that they are quite addicting once you start listening but it seems to be that if you don't hear "Leaving Through The Window" first than you can find it hard to respect "North" and what they were trying to do. The record companies tell them they want that sound and they are almost forced to write ouside the box. John H. knows all about this and it becomes degrading to some extent.
April 09, 2004 05:03AM
thanx meelman, ik denk nie dat k ga, ik heb geen vervoer enzo. ga je naar incubus?

and about those pianobands, you should check out Straylight Run www.straylightrun.com (mp3's on their site) i think i posted something about them earlier here. Or Badly Drawn Boy!!! they rule

April 09, 2004 08:27AM
I only started listening to Something Corporate today because of this post, and i already love them. Had Punk rock princess on full volume repeat for the past hour.

Oooh yeh, and everything else is great too.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
April 09, 2004 10:13PM
And am I the only one who sees big similarities so Savage Garden? You can hear it in 'If I die' especially.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π