Vertical Horizon
3 Eye Blind
The Rasmus
The Beauttiful South
Levellers
Re: Bands a nine days fan might like?
April 08, 2004 07:27AM
Hell yea to goo goo's!

Also Dexter Freebish, Matchbox twenty, Vertical Horizon (said a millon times, but sooooooo true!!), Hootie, evan and Jaron?

James Mead
April 08, 2004 10:30AM
dude. maroon 5 is totally my new 2nd fav. band.
April 08, 2004 08:21PM
thats because they rock!!!!!!

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
April 08, 2004 11:43PM
i cant remember if anyone said them but death cab for cutie, their old stuff is VERY indie but Transatlanticism is a truly awesome album (having said that i love ALL their albums) they are rocking my socks right now, as well as longview a uk indie band who have got it just right, check out further, can't explain and when you sleep
April 09, 2004 09:03AM
Such interesting music you all recommend.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
April 09, 2004 10:00AM
I get to know all sorts of great bands from the reccomendations on the boards. seriously, my friends are all like, "where do you find all of your music? it rocks!" and i always credit the board. plus, it's always interesting to see what kinda music everyone likes outside of ninedays

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
April 09, 2004 11:40AM
That sounds like ninedays...

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
April 09, 2004 02:19PM
steadman.

kthnxbye

rachel......
April 09, 2004 03:35PM
Listen to something different.

Listen to Harvey Danger. They don't sound like Nine Days. Listen to Big Bad VooDoo Daddy. They don't sound like Nine Days. Listen to The Mars Volta. They don't sound like Nine Days.

Hell, listen to Radiohead, even, if it gets away from the Nine Days sound.

Expaaaaannnnddddd. Expaaaaaannnnddddd. There is mooorrrreee than alteeerrrnnnaattiiivvvvee poppppppp.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
April 09, 2004 07:10PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
April 10, 2004 03:31AM
I liked other stuff, too, but then I am also a very special case.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
April 10, 2004 06:40AM
copeland, mae, and gastby's american dream

~Tommy

"...now everyone elses heartbreak should be measured by my pain, and all the beauty in this world has spirled down the drain..." ~ J-money
April 11, 2004 01:16AM
RADIOHEAD!

Buy "The Bends" by Radiohead. Thank me later.

*cough* thisisasubliminalmessageencouragingyoutopurchaseradioheadmerchandise*cough cough*

April 11, 2004 01:47AM
Or just listen to 'Creep' and love it.

~ Sofi ~

April 11, 2004 03:36AM
im fully behind the turkey on this one, expand your musical taste as far as possible as soon as possible listen to gram parsons, listen to johnny cash, listen to van morrison, listen to the doors, listen to lambchop

dont stop at one genre i like a ot of country and stuff and i sometimes get **** for likin that, but its better to be varied than to stick to the alternative pop scene, but listen t taht stuff also.

its hard to explain listen to everything. some of the best music is suff you would not normally think to listen to, eg the seasons by vivaldi, or bach or glenn miller, or grover washington jnr.
April 11, 2004 03:45AM
Ok if you're gonna start talking about classical music then I have to add Pachelbel's Canon because it is the most beautiful piece of music ever. I had to study it at school in music classes when we were studying ground bass, and subsequently saw buskers playing it. I gave them money because it is simply amazing.

Thumbs up for varied taste in music.

Post Edited (04-11-04 12:46)

~ Sofi ~

April 11, 2004 04:50AM
classical music rocks!!
April 11, 2004 07:18AM
I've always had a thing for jazz myself.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
April 11, 2004 10:37AM
jazz and blues is increadible and i envy anyone who can pull off a good jazz improv because knowledge of the blues scales to be able to play that is just sickening, plus you have to be creative as all hell (I play sax in the school jazz band, just started on it last month, getting to be ok, but the scales are killer!).

classical music owns, end scene.

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
April 11, 2004 10:47AM
I know, it can be pretty hard. Very fun though too

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
April 11, 2004 12:38PM
elton john rocks my face off.
April 11, 2004 12:41PM
that's gotta hurt, ha! I just crack myself up sometimes.

April 12, 2004 09:00PM
To LostInMyHead:

Lambchop have this thing with producing music that sounds so damn good! Up With People is the obvious choice of best song, but it's a hell of a tune!!

Van Morrison, Astral Weeks & Moondance - genious.

Johnny Cash, not heard that much of him but like the cover he did of Nine Inch Nail's 'Hurt' - very good indeed.

Check out Jeff Caudill's 'The Way Back' CD - If u like the above, you'll like this - It's about as good as it gets!! (www.jeffcaudill.com)

Uncle Tupelo - It's country played with the heart of a punk band - tru alt-country - Rawk!!

Drive Til Morning - Really relaxing stuff, slow groove folk/country/tad of electronica percussion/anything else that makes it sound good (www.drivetilmorning.net)

Listen To The Music: Feel The Heat Feel The Love
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π