ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

girl help, guy help, any help!

Posted by scubacayman88 

girl help, guy help, any help!
April 12, 2004 11:03AM
hey everyone. Well, my girlfriend's birthday is coming up in like 2 or 3 weeks and I need to get my butt moving on her gift cause I'm not great at picking them out. Anybody got any good ideas? And no....I can't drive so dinner and a movie type stuff are out of the question unfourtunately.....any ideas would be much appretiated.

yaya, jewelry always works, but something more original would be good. I'm striving for new ideas here

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
Re: girl help, guy help, any help!
April 12, 2004 11:37AM
make her a mix or get her a box of chocolates with concert tickets hidden inside

Post Edited (04-12-04 20:37)

~SOFiA~

"you wont hear me, still you endear me, now..woo woo"
April 12, 2004 01:19PM
ya, i've made her a mix of music already, that kinda came compliments to her asking me to burn a cd. then when she lost one of her favorites, i spent 2 hours downloading and burning the cd again and suprised her. she liked that. the concert idea is a good one. i'll look into what concerts are coming into town in the near future.

other ideas? yawning smiley)

Rock on...
Kevin

April 12, 2004 01:34PM
get her something engraved. there's an engraving place in every mall i've been in, so hopefully there's one by you. i got my girlfriend an engraved heart-shaped jewlery box with something that only her and i would understand engraved on it. it can be used for the jewlery that "always works", is original, and will be something very personal for the two of you. hope that helped.
April 12, 2004 01:54PM
my girl enjoyed when i gave her a photo album with pictures of us in it

-Bryce, Utah
April 12, 2004 02:09PM
Don't spend 300 dollars on her because she probably won't spend the same amount on you, and the odds are you pay for most of the dates anyway.

I got my girlfriend a painting sketch of Kurt Cobain. It cost like 15 bucks, framed, and she loved it.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
April 12, 2004 02:19PM
you're so romantic, mike.
April 12, 2004 06:26PM
It had far more sentimental value than some ridiculous 300 dollar diamond bracelet she'd never wear, especially coupled with a 5-song CD of original songs written for her.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
April 12, 2004 06:58PM
ooo, the songs written for her, now that's romantic. very cool.

i was remarking on the "because she probably won't spend the same amount on you" comment. i always spend more on my girlfriend than she does on me, and i'm fine with that. i like doing that. call me old-fashioned, i guess.
April 12, 2004 07:27PM
Point is: Money isn't the be all and end all. My girlfriend rarely buys me anything, she makes things instead (such as this one killer painting of the One Ring she gave me for my birthday) and I appreciate them much more. Likewise, she appreciates things that have more thought put into them than cash. Most girls do.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
April 12, 2004 07:55PM
i agree. we make each other stuff or buy little inexpensive things and it's great. money isn't everything. but when it does come to anniversaries and birthdays and stuff, i usually spend more. i'm just saying we don't feel the need to match each other money-wise on every occasion. things even out, it's a very equal relationship... and the most i've ever spent on a piece of jewelry for her was about $80. $300 would be ridiculous for us college kids, and we know it. if and when we get married, i don't plan on spending two month's salary on the ring, like tradition states. she doesn't want one that expensive. she doesn't want something that expensive on her finger. we're reasonable people smiling smiley
April 12, 2004 08:06PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
April 12, 2004 11:24PM
Get her something that only you would know to get her, something that you know she'd like

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
April 13, 2004 02:22AM
my bf made me a cd with like 20 songs of all my fave bands, it was really cool and sweet. but that wasnt for my birthday... hmmmmmz

April 13, 2004 03:01AM
over the two and a half years i've been with my lady friend, i've made between 55 and 60 mixed cds for her. i even bought her a cd case for them smiling smiley a few more cds and she'll will have in her possession every nine days song... she owns FTCJ and 17m38s, courtesy of me smiling smiley
Tea
April 13, 2004 04:05AM
Haha same here Great198 (May I call you Eric?)! I kinda force my music on my g/f by burning copies of all of it, Shes got the whole ND collection (cept I kinda summed up the old albums in a "Old Nine Days Stuff" mix with the best of the old stuff), Heh, and a Bunch of other junk I like. For our 1 month-iversary (10 months ago) I gave her a stack of 14 Burned CDs! She loves it... Anyway, I?m done rambling...

------------
http://www.mr-tea.com/ND
With a sad face the heart grows wiser...
("Sorrow is better than laughter, because a sad face is good for the heart." - Ecc. 7:3)
April 13, 2004 09:28AM
I didn't have to force ninedays on mine, she already likes them which is great. If you're any good at writing i'd write a song for her, maybe a little sax thingy since i think you play sax.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
April 13, 2004 10:00AM
a concert...... depends on the girl. of she likes to rock its great ( i would personally melt if given tickets), but if she's more laid back....... go w/ whatever mike said
April 13, 2004 11:03AM
Ya, luckily i got her into nine days in the 5 or 6 months I've known her before I asked her out, so she has all the ninedays songs that I do (including the live bootlegs of all the songs)....so music is good. still looking into when bands will be coming into town. does anyone know anygood bands that plan on being in the chicago/milwakee area in the next month or two?

Rock on...
Kevin

April 13, 2004 01:58PM
hey, i'm from the milwaukee area. are you an illinoisian or a wisconsinite? i'd say invite her to a concert at summerfest at the marcus amphitheatre, but they all suck except for crosby, stills and nash and john mayer. i'm seeing john mayer myself.
April 13, 2004 02:00PM
Illinoisian, north suburb of Chicago. Ya, I went to summerfest last year and checked out some of the shows there. That i must admit is a lot of fun, just ill timed for what I'm lookin' for. *shrug* She's gone that entire week on a trip or something with family.

Rock on...
Kevin

April 18, 2004 12:38PM
I bought mine a webcam and a Dragon oil burner for hers a couple of weeks ago. But we haven't been going out long and keeping the special one's for later :p

"I'm tryin hard 2 breathe now, but theres no air in my lungs, theres no1 here 2 talk 2, n the pain inside is makin me feel numb"
April 18, 2004 01:42PM
GET her a car stereo as a backup in case hers get STOLEN!... ****! FUNNK!

sorry.. venting.. read other post!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
April 18, 2004 03:55PM
i reiterate my statement of getting her something engraved. i personally think it's a great idea, especially if you've been going out for a long time or if you know each other really well. it's really not that expensive. the jewlery box i got my girlfriend wasn't much more than $30, i think. that's my two cents. take it or leave it.
April 19, 2004 12:45AM
"take it or leave it."

I'll take the idea for when we've been going out longer smiling smiley

"I'm tryin hard 2 breathe now, but theres no air in my lungs, theres no1 here 2 talk 2, n the pain inside is makin me feel numb"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π