Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

update on life

Posted by johnhampson 

update on life
May 03, 2004 10:26AM
hey all,

been awhile...so sorry to anyone and everyone who was disappointed about cancelling the CT shows...i will try to reschedule ASAP...ninedays did a show at Princeton U. on Sunday (May 2) and it was a BLAST! drunk college kids are fun...so are sober ones...thanks to Charlie for filling in on guitar at the very last minute (2AM the night before)...i tore a muscle in my shoulder and was unable to even pick up my guitar, much less play it...so i got to be a 'lead singer' for the day...fun...anyway, there are a few more shows coming up and i hope you make them (check TOUR section this week)...the big ninedays 'reunion' on June 12 will be a long, special show...i hate the idea that its a 'reunion', but i guess it is, right? when we play shows and i see the audience singing along i wonder what the hell we're doing not touring or making more records...sad, i know, but it gets so complicated when you are struggling to make a living doing what you love...we did it for almost 10 years as ninedays, so thats a pretty decent stretch...Brian and i have been talking about doing another band together...more laid back and dark, i think...more like old ninedays...why not just make it ninedays, you ask? i like to use different personas...i want to call it 'the Dirty Poets" and we have to grow beards, wear suits, drink red wine and smoke clove cigarettes on stage...that'll get the juices flowing! oh and we'll have a trumpet player...Brians new solo demo sounds great...cool songs, great sound...i am still working on new songs and have ALOT...when i find the time (after my finals...i am a college student, you know) i will record them...
so, i hope you are all WELL!!!! see you soon.

john

Re: update on life
May 03, 2004 10:34AM
after finals? tee hee.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
May 03, 2004 10:37AM
u guys rule man, i wished u came to massachusetts, that be awesome

NINE DAYS!!
May 03, 2004 11:02AM
June 12th will be fantastic.
I can not wait.

My friend played "If I Am" on her radio show the other day and it made me realize how much I miss everything Nine Days. It will always be one band that I truly love.

Good luck on finals John...they are always a bitch somehow.
May 03, 2004 11:10AM
Aww, Erin. <3333

John, its good to hear the update. Cannot wait for June 12th, and good luck on your finals. :-)

However, please. I beg you. Never grow a beard. Wasn't December of 2002 enough of a debacle?

Need I remind you:

Just...no.

ps - please ignore my horribly obvious bra strap that's hanging out that none of my dear friends bothered to tell me to fix. *glares at lou, rachel, amy, mandy, and erin* Kidding, kidding! ;-P

Post Edited (05-03-04 20:12)

~lori~
May 03, 2004 11:14AM
he looks like a 70's rocker with a beard. badass.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

May 03, 2004 11:56AM
*cries*

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
May 03, 2004 11:59AM
i suck sad smiley

~SOFiA~

&quot;you wont hear me, still you endear me, now..woo woo&quot;
May 03, 2004 12:03PM
i hate it that i can't come to the june 12th show.. i hate my family!

Eric
May 03, 2004 12:15PM
so my chances of seeing a nine days show like this again are pretty slim/none!... for all we know.. this could be the LAST ND show ever!... OMG.. im gonna go kill myself now!

Eric
May 03, 2004 12:23PM
now don't do that.
May 03, 2004 12:48PM
Just cry like the rest of us.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
May 03, 2004 01:23PM
john! i'm so damn excited for all the new stuff! and i really like the name the dirty poets... will they be another fav band? prolly ;o)

ALSO you know what? nd is awesome and will always be awesome. and you know what? i'm glad that your nd gig on may 2 was good ;o) and also i'm REALLY FREAKING EXCITED for the june 12 show.

oh oh and your ideas about the new band:
suits: yes
wine: yes
cloves: yes
beards: on brian not you
top hats: yes
miss alva maria at every show b/c its old ninedays: yes

May 03, 2004 01:26PM
don't listen to her, john. go for the beard. start the revolution!

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

May 03, 2004 01:30PM
correction:

no beards on anyone.

May 03, 2004 01:32PM
I'm kina sorta growing one cause i'm too lazy to shave. Also they are very fun to fool around with.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
May 03, 2004 01:34PM
but they are itchy when you are kissing someone with a beard!

i mean sometimes its nice... but trim your mustache so its not like hanging down over your lip... b/c that **** is annoying.

May 03, 2004 01:59PM
Yea mine can't get that long yet anyways. As for kissing that shouldn't be a problem since my ass got dumped recently.

May 03, 2004 02:07PM
Yeah..I see it now...Im going to have to get someone to video the show on the 12th......
May 03, 2004 02:31PM
Bones45 wrote:

> Yeah..I see it now...Im going to have to get someone to video
> the show on the 12th......

good thing i just got a new digital video camera !!!
May 03, 2004 03:07PM
yes, video! also, good audio that will be converted to mp3s... i'm still not sure if i'm going to make it to the show (not likely).

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

May 03, 2004 09:05PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
May 03, 2004 10:36PM
great update john (except for the beards hmmm) would be great to see u and brian in another band. keep it up u dirty little poet

May 04, 2004 01:05AM
aw man june 12 is gunna be mad crazy, i cant wait, tis the end, yet the start of something new and im sure equally as awesome
craziness with finals (T-2.25 hours)...we've been blasting john and nd for days in the lounge in a vain attempt to retain our sanity......

*~katie~*
May 04, 2004 03:23AM
<<i like to use different personas...i want to call it 'the Dirty Poets" and we have to grow beards, wear suits, drink red wine and smoke clove cigarettes on stage...that'll get the juices flowing!>>

you need to add gaining weight and camping for a month in the woods just to write poetry...

and i think beared john is hot...i def like the beard...i mean go with how you feel but either way i think is good stuff...

hrm i was going to go home after the show on the 3rd because of work but i just dont think i can bring myself to do that...i must stay for the show on the 12th too...2 weeks in ny sounds like just what i need smiling smiley

im going to go sell my stereo and tv now...hah kidding
May 04, 2004 03:46AM
someone video the show PLEASE!.. ill pay you!

Eric
May 04, 2004 05:04AM
bearded men remind me of creepy child molestors.
so, no.

May 04, 2004 05:09AM
haha i think beards are awesome
and come on john, you already are a "dirty old man"

~SOFiA~

&quot;you wont hear me, still you endear me, now..woo woo&quot;
May 04, 2004 07:30AM
john's just as much of a dork as Brian is....haha
May 04, 2004 11:04AM
<<oh and we'll have a trumpet player>>
yes!!! i'll be your trumpet player!! acclaimed jazz and rock musician at your service!

but hmmm... john i a suit with a beard? sounds kindof... strange.
hehehe, but w/e. its all about the music in the end

Alysha

the shortest six miles of my life
end faster than i would have liked

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π