ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Not the end for ninedays

Posted by johnhampson 

Not the end for ninedays
May 04, 2004 01:00PM
i really do appreciate the level of care you all take in discussing these matters...this is sincere, NOT sarcasm...i'll be brief, but i will say that it is not the end of ninedays...the bottom, bottom line is that i wish it were all five original guys all the time, but it wont be...Jeremy is a good friend but music is not a priority for him anymore...he loves making music, but not the lifestyle...he'll do an occasional show (maybe) and he'll be there June 12...beyond that, its up to me, Brian, Nick and Vinnie to do it...i cannot give details yet because nothing is set in stone, but the four of us are going to be doing a "Summer Residence" at a club on Long Island starting the end of June...every Monday night we will do two 60 minute sets along with a different, "special" guest band each week doing an opening set...its a chance for us to play every song we've ever recorded and then some...all in one summer...hope you'll all be there for at least one Monday night!

and the trumpet player idea was a joke.

john

Re: Not the end for ninedays
May 04, 2004 01:07PM
Yea, a sax player would be much better. Hehe. I am prejudiced against brass instruments. Anyways THANK GOD!!! For a while i was contemplating spending the rest of the night crying in my room. Well not really but i'm still relieved.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
May 04, 2004 01:16PM
Oh my gosh. John, that is so exciting. Of course, Mondays is more than likely going to be one of the days I'll be in NYC for my internship. I'll have to make sure I"m not too exhausted when I get home to come to the shows. It sounds so fun! :-)

~lori~
May 04, 2004 01:17PM
John........Seriously.......whhhhhhhhhy
May 04, 2004 01:35PM
thats awesome, hopefully i will get there for a show

NINE DAYS!!
May 04, 2004 02:18PM
JOHN ARE YOU TRYING TO FREAKING GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK!

I'VE really seriously had enough excitement for one day. and hi, who is going to house me for the summer?

lori? scott? steph?

john? hahaha jk.

May 04, 2004 02:33PM
COULD IT BE "THE VILLAGE PUB" ??? WHICH IS ABOUT 5 MIN. AWAY !!!
May 04, 2004 03:39PM
Haha Christina, I couldn't do it every week, but if you wanted to take the bus up to NYC a couple Mondays, you could take the train out with me back to LI, and we could go to the show, and you can crash with me that night more than likely....

~lori~
May 04, 2004 04:17PM
oh gleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.............................<3

rachel......
May 04, 2004 05:43PM
awesome..... so yes.. i will have to be coming to new york eventually.. and maybe we will have to make another album!.. Monday Songs pt2!... lol.. j/k j/k....

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
May 04, 2004 07:27PM
I love how he says "special" band. I wonder what makes them so "special" (yikes)

May 04, 2004 07:45PM
John you rock!! Answers my doubts pretty nicely doesn't it! If I didn't live in England...

Special guest band? They're blatantly going to get MB20, Vertical Horizon, Train, Lifehouse, Stroke 9 and Third Eye Blind to come give them some support aren't they winking smiley LoL seriously though that's really given me more hope. I really hope it's a summer to remember and it revitalises your passion for creating new records... as if that needs any help at the moment!

Faith restored, all happy, and it's even stopped raining

PS: Phew! No trumpet player...
May 04, 2004 09:48PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
May 04, 2004 11:51PM
hmmm...
has this "Summer Residence" TV support!??!?!? ehauheuhaeu

we love you John!

------------------------------
&quot;now shut up and listen to the music!&quot; by John Hampson

May 05, 2004 12:29AM
ninedays monday songs 2 live?summer live cd?hmmmmm like it
May 05, 2004 12:35AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
May 05, 2004 02:08AM
sounds cool man. May have to fly over for that....especially if u need an extra guitarist! smiling smiley hee hee

May 05, 2004 02:58AM
I never doubted for a minute
May 05, 2004 03:03AM
Monday night gigs this summer?

Wow..Im speechless...Im without speech....

Weekly gigs--old school songs--new tunes too----kick back--beer is cold, weather is not...

One thing Ive noticed..is that I think John reads the boards more than we realize--b/c the last two times someone made a post about the "fate" of the band, John is there within a couple of days correcting and re-assuring...

Maybe we have to tell him that Nine Days sucks---and we can get a cross country tour?

PS. Regarding the "more cover songs" post...Ask Brian to do his version of Puffy's "Come With Me" ---Its killer....

Post Edited (05-05-04 12:13)
May 05, 2004 03:18AM
Scott...Just for the record...I am sure John reads these posts every time he goes online. He's a very detailed like that so I wouldn't doubt it for a second.
He really likes to hear all the good and bad things people have to say.
I'm sure it runs down his spine when something is mentioned that he never hinted at so maybe Chris's rant got to him a bit.
Not slighting what Chris said because that is twice he was honest and twice that John directly answered back to ease everyones mind.
As long as he and Brian are writing I will have an ear reserved!!!!!!!!!!!
I only wish I could place my life on hold every Monday!!!
Lock up the kid and wife...Sounds like a great idea!
May 05, 2004 03:28AM
Sex and Underwear = Summertime.

Dickie
May 05, 2004 03:32AM
Dickie + Wallin = Fruitloop

Haha. yawning smileyP

Post Edited (05-05-04 12:33)
May 05, 2004 03:53AM
nine days sucks!

;o)

rachel......
May 05, 2004 04:20AM
haha =)

Dickie
May 05, 2004 04:26AM
johnno what a great update, good to finally see a band that cares about their fan's opinions. u heard about avril lavigne? she said she hates her fans cuz they all dress like her and wannabe like her. uhmm... anyways johnno and brains rule! (i always type brain instead of brian)

May 05, 2004 05:34AM
I can't believe you just compared Nine Days to Avril Lavigne... winking smiley

I'd like to make it out to NY to see a show or two this summer though, sounds like fun.
May 05, 2004 09:12AM
oh, i knew the trumpet player was a joke.... ha...ha...ha... because i was....also...joking (hehehehe)

hmmm.... every monday, sounds quite nice, i think ill have to stop in for a bit
(stop in meaning hop on a plane and go to new york just to see them)

these gigs are all ages...... right?

Alysha

the shortest six miles of my life
end faster than i would have liked

May 05, 2004 09:16AM
Hat_Fairy wrote:

> these gigs are all ages...... right?
>
>
> Alysha
>

hope not !!!
May 05, 2004 12:38PM
ya man, a sax player would kick arse, kinda going w/ some DMB style there.

I gotta make it out to one of these shows, seriously this i may be able to do. John, you never cease to amaze me......

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

&quot;Beware the fury of a patient man&quot; ~John Dryden
May 05, 2004 04:40PM
i love lou and how he hates young groupies!~

Eric
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π