ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

3eb officially dropped

Posted by lostinmyhead 

3eb officially dropped
May 25, 2004 11:58PM
the rumours have been circulating for a while but its official, at least it is according to alternativeaddiction

all the good bands are gettin dropped right now, pretty soon all we are gonna be left with is manufactured ****

LONG LIVE THE INDIE LABEL!!

FIGHT THE CORPORATE POWER

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

sorry, communist side takin over!!

lol
Re: 3eb officially dropped
May 26, 2004 01:33AM
that happened a while ago.
elektra is no more....
some of the bands are getting moved to different labels that owned elektra.
3eb is not.

----------------------------------------------
&&the time i'll waste, just to say goodbye&&
May 26, 2004 01:39AM
Elektra was/is part of Warner Music Group---

Warner, I think, merged with another label not too long ago..I guess they are combining all the labels so they have one mis-managed group...
May 26, 2004 01:45AM
yeah, i think you're right.
sucks for all the bands that were on elektra...most of them don't even know what label they're moving to yet.

----------------------------------------------
&&the time i'll waste, just to say goodbye&&
May 26, 2004 02:11AM
steadman was on elektra too. they got dropped also. this is turning out to be a really shitty day. i think i should probably call in sick and go back to bed...

rachel......
May 26, 2004 02:20AM
I think this is a good thing. After getting no backing for Out Of The Vein from Electra even with the record having several songs that would of been mainstream hits.

Record companies used to be made up of people who loved music and now it's all about money.
Personally, I'm sick of seeing 16 year old girls singing about crushes and "punk" boy bands making songs about how their daddy doesn't love them.

Long live indie!

~Ryan~
May 26, 2004 02:23AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
May 26, 2004 02:31AM

Long Live illegal file sharing............
May 26, 2004 02:33AM
damn right Bones45
May 26, 2004 02:40AM
Scott, may I steal your toaster?

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
May 26, 2004 02:46AM
Ugh, I swear record companies are the devil. 3eb is one of my favorite bands, I have their self-titled debut and "Blue" and I'm looking to get their other CD(s) as soon as possible...

~Heliocentric
May 26, 2004 02:48AM

Yes.
May 26, 2004 03:24AM
This sucks!

Dickie
May 26, 2004 07:03AM
That's life for ya. That's why when I'm older i'm gonna begin a revolution against the evil music industry. Viva la revolution!

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
May 26, 2004 10:11AM
Socialburn is I guess was now, on Elektra too! they rock

"I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me." Our Lady Peace
May 26, 2004 12:01PM
******************************* record companies. I love 3eb, damn it!

Post Edited (05-26-04 23:21)

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
May 26, 2004 01:59PM
yeah.... sucks

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
May 26, 2004 06:35PM
Thank god for the internet. I discover prolly 80% of the music I like through the net. I refuse to be forcefed the same old bullshit "music" that the main radio stations and record companys keep curning out. It's crap. I will not give in!!!!!!!

If I t wasn't for the net I never would have dug any deeper into Nine Days after I saw "If I am" for the first time on TV a few years ago. Excellent.

May 26, 2004 10:42PM
oh no..........i love 3eb so much...especially their album - out of the vein which is so good!!.....=(
May 26, 2004 11:54PM
Their last album was disappointingly forgetable. I know it may be controversial to say this, but -- bands who can't keep a quality standard should be dropped. I thought the last album sounded uninspired and lazy. That's what happens.
May 26, 2004 11:57PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
May 27, 2004 09:24AM
My Hit And Run should have made them as big as Semi Charmed Life did back in 1997. Best 3eb song on any album.
May 27, 2004 09:38PM
i wouldnt go as far as upstage

out of the vein was good, in my opinion not as good as blue or 3eb but still a very good album and while i get what you are sayin bout a band bein unable to hold up a standard should be dropped but under that logic a whole load of bands shoud have been dropped after creating one dud album

i think we can all agree that owuld be a bad thing, even bob dylan had made a coupla bad albums, are you suggesting he should have been dropped because of them??

i knwo you cant compare 3eb to bob dylan but do you get my point??

now i sound like im lecturin!! sorry y'all jus wanted to make my point
May 28, 2004 12:27AM
NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

------------------------------
"now shut up and listen to the music!" by John Hampson

May 29, 2004 10:56AM
They were not dropped. Arion said that when that article came out Elektra came to them and swore up and down their name was included on the list by mistake or some other nonsesne.

Regardless, Elektra will soon be no more, and their next release will be on a new label, which is what they really wanted anyway.

- Brian
www.3eb.co.uk
May 29, 2004 07:17PM
Long as they get a label and keep making records. Don't care if it's not the biggest label in the world but so long as they get listed on Amazon (ie ANY decent kinda level of label) they'll do fine. And a soundtrack appearance wouldnt go amiss too, seems every artist who does that instantly gains popularity...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π