ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The Darkness Concert

Posted by scubacayman88 

The Darkness Concert
June 24, 2004 06:17AM
tonight i'm goin up to Milwakee to see The Darkness. i can't wait, this show is gonna rock. I've been to summer fest, i went last year and it was fun so this should be cool too. Anyone else who lives around Chicago/Milwakee goin to see them or any of the other bands they got there this year?

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
Re: The Darkness Concert
June 24, 2004 08:44AM
i'm going tonight to see them, too. hope you have a good time. summerfest rocks (i'm going once more to see john mayer on july 2nd).

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
June 24, 2004 09:53AM
i saw em in the uk (where i live) jus before christmas last year and as much as i hate their music (and i really do) i was impressed b their stagemanship and by the quality of their live performance. if you liek the music it will be truly awesome

if you were wonderin why i went to see a band i dont even like it was a friends bday and it was a free ticket, i said no cause i thought it unfair to take a ticket when someone else would enjoy it more but she reallywanted me there so i went, kinda makes sense, it was nice to feel loved!! lol
June 24, 2004 11:30PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
June 25, 2004 05:36AM
dude, it was amazing! I was very impressed with their stage presence and how well they played. The music was simply impressive and absolutely rocked!!!! haha, plus a drunk-fight that broke out in the middle of "I believe in a thing called love" was quite entertaining as well. Overall a great experience, but i fell asleep in class today cause i didn't get home till 3 and i had to go to school at 6. and would someone answer the goddamn phone!

Rock on...
Kevin

June 25, 2004 08:30AM
it was awesome when he played the a-team theme on the guitar and then starting to sing the melody. good stuff.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

June 25, 2004 11:59AM
haha, ya, that rocked. the top gun anthem part was pretty cool when he played the opening guitar part to it. where were you standing for the show?

Rock on...
Kevin

June 25, 2004 07:56PM
June 26, 2004 01:26AM
i stood on the very farthest steel bench on the far right. it was a pretty decent view.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

June 26, 2004 04:02AM
im going tonight to see sister hazel, you should go to that too

-Brian
June 26, 2004 03:47PM
nice, i was on the second bench from the front on the right side, i had a great view.

and sister hazel is awesome

Rock on...
Kevin

June 26, 2004 04:11PM
Fuckin'...

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
June 27, 2004 03:48PM
i'm just going once more, to see john mayer. otherwise, the quality of acts this year is horrible in comparison to years past. yet the price of everything has gone up...

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

June 28, 2004 05:58AM
ya, that's true. since i couldn't go to john mayer there was really nothing else there i wanted to see besides the darkness.

Rock on...
Kevin

June 28, 2004 07:15AM
Oh man,....John Mayer

I went to see him Bryant Park last week. It was free show for Sony.

It poured the whole time but it was so much fun.

Dido went on for about an hour with it lightning and thundering then john mayer came on after waiting in the down pour and said he would only play 4 songs b/c he didnt' want to die.

I'm not so happy with him at the moment. But it was still fun.

~MeLiSsA
June 28, 2004 09:00PM
July 02, 2004 12:15AM
I picked up their Cd yesterday! very interesting band indeed. Great guitar solos tho!
July 02, 2004 12:59AM
On the subject of John Mayer - has anybody heard his cover of Radiohead's "Kid A"? It's absolutely wonderful! I'm not usually a fan of his, but it's a brilliantly done cover.

July 02, 2004 03:34AM
July 02, 2004 07:58AM
home life is a brilliant song.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

July 02, 2004 09:46PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π