Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My recent purchase

Posted by Bones45 

My recent purchase
July 10, 2004 08:57AM
Nip/Tuck- The Complete First Season-DVD

I friggin love this show.

At first I wasnt sure if the $47.99 price tag was worth it, but then I realized that after every new show on Tuesday nights on FX, I find myself yearning (Seinfeld reference) for more.

It's five disks contains all the 1st year episodes plus all that extra DVD stuff we have all grow to love. Outakes. Gotta love 'em in this series. For anyone who has seen the show, remember the Spanish drug dealer who blackmailed them? Imagine him flubbing lines and laughing in the outtakes..

Anyway...

WHO'S UP FOR A NIP/TUCK MARATHON??????
Re: My recent purchase
July 10, 2004 09:00AM
Scott, can you fill me in?

I keep hearing about this show but never asked what it is?

Is it another reality show or a drama? Obviously about plastic surgery but thats all i know.

~MeLiSsA
July 10, 2004 09:03AM
mmmm nip/tuck. how are you liking the season so far? pretty drama filled if you ask me winking smiley im lovin it. i missed tuesdays, thank god for the friday @ 11 re-runs. steph forgot to watch it though, cuz shes dumb. so i have no one to talk about it with. annnnd she told me that once they start playing the music she closes her eyes because she doesnt like the operating part...WUSS.
July 10, 2004 09:03AM
Melissa - its so totally not a reality show. Its a drama about these two plastic surgeons...its so totally sick. Gah.

Scott - name the time and place and I am SO THERE.

~lori~
July 10, 2004 09:35AM
The basic idea is that there are two guys who are partners in plastic surgery in Miami.

The two doctors, Christian and Sean, are very different. Sean is the family man with marital problems and family drama. Christian is the good looking 40 yr old bachelor who loves the playboy lifestyle. This lifestyle often gets him into trouble.

The show usually starts out with the phrase.. "Mr/Mrs. ________, What dont you like about yourself?" Then patients will all types of wacky requests enter into the picture and the fun ensues!

The show is extremely well written, and pushes the envelope in many ways. The surgery footage is extremely graphic, and the discussions and language (labiaplasty anyone?) which are allowed kinda make my jaw drop every episode. Its not overly vulgar, but simply makes you think its more of a real life situation.

For instance last weeks episode had a woman from Somlia who wanted her clitoris back, as Somalian women have them removed when they are very young. It was handled very delicately ( no pun intended) and the end of the show was absolutely incredible. A "standing O" (again...no pun intended LOL).. But in the middle of the episode, when discussing who should perform the operation, Christian says to Sean, "If I build it, she will come"

Anyway..The new episodes are Tuesday nights at 10, but they are rerun twice after that.

and now..please excuse me, as I'm off to my 90 degree pool and going to swim with Jen and Jillian....

Post Edited (07-10-04 18:37)
July 10, 2004 10:42AM
im in

*~katie~*
July 10, 2004 11:38AM
So it's not a reality show?

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
July 10, 2004 11:58AM
I don't know if it's the show, or you scott that made me laugh.

If I build it she will come was quite witty but at the same time it's about female mutalation (sp). I don' t know. I'm a bit of a serious party pooper lately. I just can't seem to be the giddy, silly person I was before, anymore. Oh well.

Damn....rambling again.

Anyone going to the crazy donkey tonight?

~MeLiSsA
July 11, 2004 07:02AM
scott

there's gotta be a way to burn it for me.
pleeeeeeeeeeease do ittttttttt.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π