ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

warning for those who drink:

Posted by adistantlight 

Re: warning for those who drink:
July 11, 2004 05:05PM
that's ridiculous! i'm glad you're not like that anymore, and even better, glad i was never like that.

so many people have posted about drinking on this board. leave it to my thread to be the actual one seriously debated. who cares?
July 11, 2004 05:16PM
Some nights I go out to get plastered, some nights I don't. But on the nights that I do go out to get plastered, it usually doesn't start that way. And I fluctuate... It's strange...

I had 12 Sam Adams one night, got pretty drunk, but was alright the next morning. Another time I had maybe 8 beers and a few shots, so I guess it adds up, but I had never been sicker... But of course that was because I did the shots afterwards...

One night out for me generally means a six pack of which ever beer I choose, which'll have different effects, plus another odd couple here or there if other guys can't finish theirs.

I drink. I enjoy it. It's a good time for me. I realize it isn't healthy. I realize I'm doing some harm to myself. I don't need to be reminded of it by people who are "looking out" for me.

How about we make a deal? People who don't drink... Don't preach to me about the evils of drinking, and then I won't vomit on your shoes. Deal? Good.

And I have a flask full of rum right now in my coat pocket. Captain Morgan's is some good stuff.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
July 11, 2004 08:51PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
July 11, 2004 08:55PM
July 12, 2004 04:37AM
You drink up a storm.

Impressive.

And admitting is the first step towards recovery. Or something. But really, unless you're an angry drunk, who cares?

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
July 12, 2004 04:53AM
alcohol= expensive, brutal day after, puking, some people get violent.

marijuana= cheap(er), no issues day after, fall asleep, ever hear of a violent stoner? NOPE!

That being said, Im going to have a beer.....
July 12, 2004 05:00AM
the latter makes me sick a lot of times scott. infact, the last experience was horrific. i tend not to like it as much.
July 12, 2004 05:10AM
There's no finesse with the devil weed. At least you can have a couple of drinks and maintain some class. James Bond was the smoothest, most suave fellows in the history of smooth, suave fellows. And he drank martinis, he didn't smoke the devil weed.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
July 12, 2004 10:03AM
Even with all that I drink, I've never once touched weed, I can't stand smoke or being around it. It makes me sick.
July 12, 2004 10:32AM
i LOVE the smell of weed

*~katie~*
July 12, 2004 08:30PM
July 13, 2004 08:32AM
I'm all for the lagalization of the devil weed myself.

I'm the drunk that laughs constantly.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
July 14, 2004 02:50AM
July 14, 2004 05:19AM
They're not "meaningless." They explore the ins and outs of the human psyche and the unknowns of life itself.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
July 14, 2004 05:23AM
July 14, 2004 10:25AM
"alcohol= expensive, brutal day after, puking, some people get violent."

The only shot I ever paid for I bought for my best friend, other than that I drank for free 4 nights a week and loved every second i can't remember smiling smiley.....and the worst hangover of my life is when I kept up with 5 irish bartenders......that was terrible, but fun.
July 14, 2004 12:35PM
I agree weed is most of the time better. Excpet when you get a paranoid high. When I was in Thailand I smoked with this old american guy and then we went to eat dinner with a bunch of other people. I was convinced that this Thai women that was vactioning there from Bangkok was from Immigration and was going to bust me for working illegally. It was the worst high I've ever had.

Then to top it all off, I woke up the next morning and looked outside to reception. There were two middle aged thai men sitting there, whom I didn't recognize (it's a small island and beach you know everyone) and was convinced they were immigration too and wouldn't leave my bungalow until they left. They were tourists too.

This has been another pointless story brought to you by
|
V

Post Edited (07-14-04 21:37)

~MeLiSsA
July 14, 2004 12:53PM
This has been a pretty enjoyable thread.
Some people go home after work and have a few beers to relax, others go home and spark up a hooter.

I find that a box of beer (12) to get a healthy beer buzz and a mad as session after about 6 beers - say 5 spots each of skunk and things are fuckin awesome. Mind you you americans don't even know of spotting, or so i've heard...gets you REALLY wasted anyway.
Had some good nights following that simple formula tongue sticking out smiley

July 14, 2004 01:11PM
So what is this "spotting" deal?

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
July 14, 2004 01:48PM
Spark up a hooter and have 5 spots each of skunk.

Come on we don't know your Kiwi terminology. Help us naive americans understand.

~MeLiSsA
July 14, 2004 02:12PM
It's not that we're naive... their culture just hasn't permeated ours like the American culture has found a way to butt in everywhere.

And that, of course, is why Americans don't put such a value on learning forgeign languages... A country like France is surrounded by folks speaking other languages. We've got English-speaking Canada to the north and Spanish-speaking Mexico to the south (and Spanish is the most popular language to be learned by Americans other than English).

What am I talking about?

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
July 14, 2004 02:29PM
Gees...I was being facetious. You can't say anything on this board anymore.

But, Ils parlent francais et anglais au Canada.

Just starting to learn french, figure it would be a perfect time to break it out.

~MeLiSsA
July 14, 2004 04:12PM
yo hablo espanol personalmente...pero no la me gusta mucho. es muy aburrido.....seriously i hate spanish

and yea this thread is extremely funny. i must agree i'm all for the legalization of weed though. go for it if that's what you wanna do

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
July 14, 2004 04:41PM
I could REALLY go for a beer right now. God damn.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
July 16, 2004 03:28PM
ummm.. yeah.. i did 25 shots... over the course of about 4 hours.....

i did about 12 shots in about 10 min though... thats when i was the most funked up!.....

and as for you guys who dont' know.. im a 6 foot tall 265lbs...... i can take a lot of alchohol!

Post Edited (07-17-04 00:30)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
July 16, 2004 03:29PM
and for the weed topic... yeah.. it was 25 shots.. plus some of that too.... i've never had the munchies sooooo bad in my life.... it was horrible.. but it was a mexican grad party... so we had plenty of mexican dishes to keep us satisfied all through the night...

Eric
July 16, 2004 04:28PM
Warning for those who drink: One night you might find yourself winding up like Randy Constan, the maniac on Conan right now.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
July 16, 2004 04:34PM
A hooter is another word for a joint. And spotting you'll just have 2 have a search on the net, i can;t b botherd typing instructions tongue sticking out smiley

And yes, I am high right now.

grinning smiley

July 16, 2004 08:51PM
July 16, 2004 11:49PM
A "hooter" is NOT, repeat NOT, another word for a joint around here.

It most definitely is slang for something else.

A restaurant.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π