ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Guess who's back.....?

Posted by Off Peak Fare 

Guess who's back.....?
July 27, 2004 03:29PM
That's right people. I am back and I'm here to tell you that it takes alot for us to just disappear and fade away. Off Peak Fare is opening for Nine Days this coming monday at the Village Pub. So, if you are coming that nite, please come a little earlier to check us out. Again, our site is www.offpeakfare.com. We have all the info you want there including music clips, news, pics and more. We just released our first album and you can get it on the site as well. Oh and we'll have them for sale at the Pub too. So, if you are coming, we'd love to hear from you. Drop us an email or after the show, come say hi at our merch table. Hope to see you there.

-OPF
Re: Guess who's back.....?
July 27, 2004 03:39PM
I thought that guy that John has a massive mancrush on was opening?
July 27, 2004 03:51PM
He is. The Village Pub probably fucked up again and scheduled another act in addition to-the-dude-john-has-a-mancrush-on, like they did a few weeks ago with Last Week and that other band.

~lori~
July 27, 2004 03:54PM
no i think he is. if his name is Danny Conklin (?). We were supposed to play at 9 but today i got a call from the pub saying he had to push us back. I guess i now know why. Ha

Visit www.offpeakfare.com for news, music, pics and more.
July 27, 2004 11:33PM
OPF..

Just make sure you get there at least 2 hrs early to navigate through the host of sound problems EVERY band has there.

Check the monitors early and often, then think of interesting insults about the sound system---

Lata
July 28, 2004 12:04AM
Scott's right, man. You need to have a LOT of time to check the soundsystem, and even still, you'll have lots of problems during your set. That's a seriously messed up system they have in there.

And okay. So John and Brian were getting blood-boiling-like angry Monday night regarding the sound system. On top of all that, the Village Pub fucked up again and scheduled another band in addition to the one John scheduled (this is nothing against you, Off Peak Fare. Please don't think I'm trying to slam you guys at all). Hmm...anybody want to go in on how long it'll take for John to just go postal and kill everyone affiliated with the Pub?

~lori~
July 28, 2004 08:13AM
LOL! Well we have played there a few times so we are all familiar with the "problems". We keep playing there because.......because......i have no idea why. Maybe cause it's just another place to play. It has gotten ALOT better from what it used to be, I'll give them that. And they said it was only 60% complete (i am hoping somewhere's in the other 40% is the sound). So, eh, whatever. I am glad that we are playing and it's with Nine Days so I am looking forward to that. Is anyone coming?
July 28, 2004 11:46AM
i'll be there!!

~diana~
July 28, 2004 12:56PM
Trey Bien! I hope you are able to come earlier to check out OPF as well as Danny Conklin. Hope to see you there!

August 03, 2004 09:09AM
Hey guys,

Last nite was alot of fun. The sound was a little better this time. My friend Mike was the soundman so he did it nice. I told him we were an acoustic rock band so don't crank us out like we are friggin Metallica. So, overall we sounded great. Except for the annoying *buzzzzzzzzzzzzz* coming out of the monitors. Supposedly, they are fixing the it. So, we'll see. We have a few more shows in August an a few booked thus far in Sept. So, check out the site (www.offpeakfare.com) and come see us Aug. 24th at Borders in Stony Brook.

-OPF
August 03, 2004 12:18PM
youre luck your monitors worked at all...

*~katie~*
August 03, 2004 10:32PM
>I thought that guy that John has a massive mancrush on was opening?

i think i missed something. what guy?

and OPF just checked ur site, you guys are not bad grinning smiley not bad at all!

August 04, 2004 03:20AM
OPF went on before dan conklin (who was as good as john said he was)

anywho john did come early to see his mancrush

*~katie~*
August 05, 2004 04:20AM
Stony Brook as in college or upstate new york?

~*wOOt!*
August 05, 2004 04:07PM
Well, we are playing in the Borders in Stony Brook as in the town on Long Island and we are also playing a bunch of shows on the actual SUNY Stony Brook college campus as well. Check our site for those dates. Are you in the area to come to one?? We'd love to have whoever can make it there come down. It's gonna be fun. Great way to start off the new school year, ya know?
August 08, 2004 08:04AM
Yeah I live close to SUNY Stoney Brook, and would love to come. Who else is playing with you guys?

~*wOOt!*
August 08, 2004 09:48AM

Post Edited (08-08-04 18:49)

August 08, 2004 02:10PM
wow, i wonder why this was edited? i don't even remember what i wrote. HA

August 08, 2004 02:12PM
now that i think about it. that's not even my IP address next to my name. WTF is going on here?
August 08, 2004 07:14PM
You gave someone your password???

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
August 19, 2004 04:06PM
Hey all,

For those of you here on LI, OPF was just played on WBAB! They are playing 4 different tracks off of "It's Your Circus". One each nite (tonite, friday, mon and tues) at 11:50pm EST. For those of you outside of NY, check out www.wbab.com and click LISTEN to hear a live stream on your comp (works for both dial up and cable). So keep on the look out for more OPF in the future!

-JD
August 25, 2004 03:44PM
This coming Friday (8/27) we are playing at Borders i n Stony Brook. It's going to be broadcasted live over the internet on www.q-waves.net. For those of you who can't make it, tune in and enjoy!

Also, on Oct. 5th we are opening for Ari Hest in East Greenwich, RI. Tickets go on sale this week and are $15. Hope you can make an upcoming show.

Other dates:

9/2 7pm-8pm Live and in the studio on 90.1 FM WUSB
9/3 The Velvet Loung, Stony Brook, NY 10:30pm
9/4 The University Cafe, SUNY Stony Brook campus 10pm
9/16 The University Cafe, SUNY Stony Brook campus 10:30pm

10/2 RISING STAR-A Cure of Cancer Free show @ The SAC, SUNY Stony Brook campus 2pm
10/5 East Greenwich HS, RI Opening for Ari Hest 7pm
10/16 The University Cafe, SUNY Stony Brook campus 10pm

August 25, 2004 03:53PM
Ill be there...with my buddies Jamie n Justin (cough cough brother cough cough) yea u dont know what im talkin about...its all good tho

*~Bernadette~*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π