ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tonight at the pub

Posted by fishergirl819 

Tonight at the pub
August 02, 2004 04:17PM
Tonight was good. All issues with the sound system aside, it was one super super fun show. Things I learned tonight:

1.) Diana, Katie, Melanie and I cannot sing. To quote John, "That was worse than, like...happy birthday."
2.) Diana, however, can dance. Table dance, that is. To "Things We Said," during the breakdown.
3.) Apparently, men up in Port Jeff have no problem walking into the Village Pub, walking into the backroom of the Village Pub, realizing its not a bathroom, then walking directly into the LADIES ROOM.

I got my wish fulfilled from last week's show thread to hear John curse numerous times in a row again! Woohoo!

And Scott is a godsend for getting Jen to us, even if it was about two hours late. WE LOVE YOU, JEN.

Unfortunately, the future of the Monday night residencies is up in the air due to the sound issues. John said to stay tuned to the board to see what's going on for next week (sorry Tracy!).

And as a side note -

Dear John,

I did not mean to poke you in the eye with my glasses as you hugged me before leaving. Also, PLAY THE FREAKIN' BARN SHOW, GOSH DARNIT. Brian'll tell ya...it was good times, good times. And how can you pass up the opportunity to play in a BARN?

kthnxbye :-)

Post Edited (08-03-04 01:29)

~lori~
Re: Tonight at the pub
August 03, 2004 03:23AM
there HASSS to be a show next week!!!

<3 Tracy

I wonder what its like to be remembered- John Hampson
August 03, 2004 03:26AM
1) though i admit i dont have a great voice, who the hell could sing with brian conducting? that was far too humorous.
2) i love diana.
3) shaaady.

JOHN ---- PLAY THE BARN. it IS cool. brians show frigin owned. dont let him be cooler than you. be part of the barn experience too. PLAY THE BARN.

*~katie~*
August 03, 2004 04:03AM
We should send subliminal messages to him about this, Katie. In every single post we should insert playthebarn randomly into our messages. Or we could just change our signatures to DAMNIT JOHN, PLAY THE BARN SHOW.

And I agree about not being able to sing with Brian conducting. That's like, how was I supposed to film "Things We Said" as non-Blair-Witchy as possible, with him squating down, trying to get into my shot, and making stupid faces? <333

PLAYTHEBARNPLAYTHEBARNPLAYTHEBARN

Post Edited (08-03-04 13:04)

~lori~
August 03, 2004 04:27AM

that expression "it owned" is dumb
August 03, 2004 04:36AM
i hope they don't suspend the Summer Residence shows.. im planning on hiking it from Saginaw Michigan for the last show!... ill DIE... my summer must not be in vain.. something must give!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
August 03, 2004 06:11AM
yea well youre dumb scott

just kidding. you know i love you.

*~katie~*
August 03, 2004 10:11AM
awww i feel loved ... i just can't turn down numerous requests for table dancing =)

last night was awesome, as usual. i'm happy anytime a show is opened with revolve. closing with things we said is pretty hot too.

my personal hilight of the night was john's fast forwarding rendition of another day.
August 03, 2004 10:19AM
i almost forgot, i usually take responsiblity for the set list so here's my best shot at it, fill in what i forgot:

nine days of rain
muddy water
crazy
agent bobby roe
shoes on the bed
on her way to boston
so far away (well, half of it)
story of a girl/sweet home alabama
if i am
bob dylan
bitter
revolve
wanna be
ocean
great divide
good friend (which everyone keeps callign good bye)
dirty poet
29 year old girls
goodbye
reality tv
she won't get away
things we said
August 03, 2004 12:21PM
sounds pretty right to me

*~katie~*
August 03, 2004 01:05PM
>>my personal hilight of the night was john's fast forwarding rendition of another day.<<

Grrr...which I missed because I wanted to go over and say hi to Scott.

PLAYTHEBARNPLAYTHEBARNPLAYTHEBARN

~lori~
August 03, 2004 01:25PM
barnbarnbarnbarnbarnbarnbarnbarnbarnbarnbarnbarnbarnbarnbarn
August 03, 2004 04:38PM
cant forget the five second version of Another Day John did bc my friend wanted to hear it...that was amusing...

all I have to say is I really really REALLY do not want the only thing that makes a monday great to go away! and I cant even miss one week, Im addicted damn it! haha

*~Bernadette~*
pit
August 03, 2004 05:21PM
have you ever considered dropping long island and finding a cool little venue in jersey?

it'd make the drive for me a ton easier. winking smiley

I've never been so alone and I've
I've never been so alive.
August 03, 2004 05:25PM
I went to a pub tonight... Had a "Three Wise Men..."

Oh my God...

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
August 04, 2004 03:10AM
Haha, pit, John lives something like, 15 minutes away from Port Jefferson, and he STILL complains about the drive. I can only imagine what it would be like if they did weekly shows in JERSEY.

~lori~
August 04, 2004 03:12AM
Im trying to think about what would be good about playing in Jersey, and Im not coming up with anything.
August 04, 2004 03:28AM
what a coincidence, ive also been trying, but alas i cant think of a single positive thing about a show in dirrrty jeresy

*~katie~*
August 04, 2004 05:58AM
haha scott, its hard to enough to find a good thing about jersey period, no less about playing a show there
pit
August 05, 2004 06:45AM
you're all haters.

i don't want to ruin your fuzz on long island, but the rumors about jersey are fabricated. nothing dirty here. long island, though? isn't hicksville STILL being investigated for the nuclear fuel made at the sylvania factory, which many attribute as the cause for the high levels of cancer in the area?

you know the saying about throwing stones...? if you don't, it's goes a little like this: "talk **** about jersey and i throw a stone into your mouth."

eehh i'm just kidding around, it's all good...but don't bring it this way. winking smiley

I've never been so alone and I've
I've never been so alive.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π