ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Long distance assistance

Posted by snowgirl2022 

Long distance assistance
August 19, 2004 12:47PM
Guys....I need your honest opinions. Do long distance relationships work? See, here's my situation. I'm madly in love with John my Mass. hottie, but thats the problem. I live in upstate NY he's in Mass....I see him every summer cuz he lives w/ his rents up here, and I see him for Christmas and Feb. break when he comes to visit....and we've been the best of friends for like 3 years now...and we feel the same way for each other. So what are you all thinking...possible chance?

-*Taylor*

"Do dogs come with their tales off?"

~*wOOt!*
Re: Long distance assistance
August 19, 2004 01:26PM
That's not long distance in my world.
August 19, 2004 01:29PM
I recently ended a long distance relationship that lasted two years. She was in NC, I was in NY. The distance and the fact that I wasn't going to see her for another six months caught up and became all in all overwhelming.

I can say that it's worth doing while you're both able to handle it, but in honesty the odds are it's eventually going to catch up to one of you. Hopefully it won't overwhelm either of you, but if it does it's simply something that can't be helped. It can really leave you powerless.

And as much as a downer as this post seemed to have been, I wish you luck, Woot.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
August 19, 2004 01:59PM
yea, me and this gal are sort of in a bit of a relationship but she's going to california and i'm here in illinois so i guess we're sorta keeping it going but sort of allowing ourselves to kinda explore to other people and when she comes back we sort of pick it up and go again when she's back.......it's weird and most people i try to explain it to don't really understand how it works but it works for us and it certainly works for me. All i need is 2 years and then i'll be out there with her........but yea it is possible but hard and i wish you good luck

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
August 19, 2004 02:05PM
When you leave room to "kinda explore"...someone will.
Maybe not right away.
Eventually.

Trust me.
I have.
Three times.

I'm done though.

New York/Mass is far from Texas.
Nine months is a long time too.

Yeah. I'm done being bitter now too.

Good luck?
August 19, 2004 02:10PM
meh, i know her very well........by explore we mean that we don't care if you're like chillin' one on one with someone and that it doesn't bother us. hell, she went to a party when she was here and some dude she knew like started to make out with her in the middle of the night when she was like half asleep and she laughed it off and i honestly don't care. *shrug* we'll see, this girls is like tre-amazing and i hope and think it'll work out

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
August 19, 2004 02:53PM
If by "chillin'" you mean hanging out like you would with anyone...
You need to lay out guidelines for things like that? That is kind of sick.

And you know people that make out with others while they're half asleep? That's like, mouth rape?
Shady.

Well, good luck.
August 19, 2004 07:46PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
August 19, 2004 07:51PM
True that, Genesis.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
August 19, 2004 08:01PM
taylor i would say do it...

love and life can take you in many directions, but if its mean't to be it'll work. saying that, as mike says, the distance can become overwhelming, but i dont know, i really find myself thinking it will all be worth the effort. And what is life without love?

life cant be lived with regrets and what ifs...

James Mead
August 19, 2004 08:07PM
True, it can't be lived with what-ifs. But I'll warn you: some what-ifs can come up that hinder such things as the long-distance relationship. It's a difficult thing, but one would have no idea without doing it which is why you may as well do it.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
August 19, 2004 08:28PM
well said mike...

if you never give your heart to anyone, it will never be broken...but then you will never know love...

Not a good deal in my book...

James Mead
August 19, 2004 08:31PM
You're young, give it a go!

OK I just realised how OLD that made me sound!

Post Edited (08-20-04 05:31)

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
August 19, 2004 08:33PM
That young thing can be a tricky thing, though... Long distance is quite the commitment, and while many young-un's may think they're mature enough for it, the fact of the matter is that more often than not, they're not.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
August 19, 2004 08:44PM
Sp when you realise that, you stop it.

~ Sofi ~

August 19, 2004 08:51PM
Of course, but that can be easier said than done.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
August 19, 2004 09:08PM
August 20, 2004 02:06AM
lol....

ive been in a long distance and it is very tough

but it was worth it, u never know if thta one could be the one till u give it a chance and if it is distance dont matter. You have nothing to lose and if u dont go for it u might regret it....

goodluck man.....

NINE DAYS!!
August 20, 2004 02:28AM
hey snowy, I echo jimbo's point. It is definitely worth the risk. If your meant to be together then you will be. I have been in a long distance relationship for a couple of years now and we are about to move in together. In many ways it has been tough, though in other way it is great. For example, you never get tired of each other, as when you see them it is always a novelty for the time you have....plus women moan like hell, and the less time spent with them the better! smiling smiley xx
August 20, 2004 02:45AM
depends on how willing or able you will be to see them. You need to see them more than just on holidays. Like at least once every 2 months at the very latest. I did it and it was hard. She eventually came to live in the same town just to be near me so we could continue our relationship. It went on for 4 years. 2 of which she was far away. I was strong and I did it. I think you can too, under the right circumstances.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
August 20, 2004 02:55AM
"the less time spent with them the better!"

nice, very nice.

~ Sofi ~

August 20, 2004 03:22AM
cheers...I am all heart! x
August 20, 2004 04:39AM
August 20, 2004 05:04AM
They can be pretty brutal sometimes.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
August 20, 2004 06:33AM
all you loose is small talk. make that work, and it will be fine

-Brian
Amy
August 20, 2004 07:22AM
Cheers to the LDR! I'm all for it. (current position: in one now and quite happy!)
August 20, 2004 09:40AM
WELL! Thanks to all who helped....and yeah I think we're going to make plans to see each other a lot more often 'cuz its really only a 6 or 7 hour drive....and for some reason everything just seems so very right with us. *smiles* I just think it's so crazy how in the few times I get to see him, the time is so precious to me and it means so much more then being able to see him everyday or something. So in some ways I almost think this will be a good thing

-*Taylor*

"I'M FULL!" *ding* Think OUTSIDE the bun.

~*wOOt!*
August 20, 2004 12:08PM
Yeah.
Give it a shot.
The worst that happens is that it doesn't work out.

Thirty-one hours is long.
Not seeing someone you love in nine months is long. Knowing that nine months is going to turn into more than a year is hard.

This thread is starting to annoy me, mainly because most people's "long distance" situations are entirely not long distance to me.
August 20, 2004 11:22PM
it hurts. a lot. but i don't know what i would think or feel if i didn't let it hurt. if i just walked away...

nothing risked nothing gained ;o)

but the distance does get frustrating. and you'll start to argue over retarded things. just keep that in mind. but mass/ny is NOTHING i'm jealous.

August 21, 2004 12:18PM
Mass/NY is nothing.

It's the two places I spend my year!

I wish that was my situation! tongue sticking out smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π