ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

"The words inside my head/are better than the words i said..."

Posted by theNiGhTopus 

"The words inside my head/are better than the words i said..."
August 24, 2004 12:55PM
I probably got that line wrong, but no matter...

Thank you.

I want to thank every single person who came out to a Monday night show. From new friends to old friends, to strangers, and to those somewhere in between, I thank you. This summer would have been one of the most difficult for me without these Monday night shows.

The Village Pub became a place where a group of us were able to come together and just let go. There were no worries and such little self-consciousness in the room when Nine Days hit the stage. Everyone was having fun, and that is the essence of summer and being young. Some of us danced; some of us just sang; and some of us just stood and listened.

Overall though, what some may just consider notes and words composed on a whim or just thrown on a page many years ago have touched all of us on a level that other bands cannot reach us on. I cannot think of other bands that get the reaction that Nine Days has gotten the past few weeks. The love and respect for music and the fans that the band has displayed on these late summer Monday nights and over the years (the ones I've been a part of and I'm sure the ones that were before my time) is tremendous. Although Nine Days is not crashing the radio waves like they did in 2000, everyone is playing and singing along even louder than four years ago when "Absolutely" was at its peak. Personally, I think that says something.

I'm just kind of rambling now, but I don't have everyone's email and I really just want to thank everyone who was in any way involved with the 2004 version of "Monday Songs" so to speak. You all are amazing, even if you hated the dancing and singing. I know some of you hated it.

Some of us loved it.

Thanks for letting Monday be as fun as Friday should,
-Erin

PS. "Her Own Two Feet" and "On Her Way to Boston"...no words can express the gratitude I have for hearing those. Particularly "Her Own Two Feet".

Post Edited (08-24-04 21:57)
Re: "The words inside my head/are better than the words i said..."
August 24, 2004 01:14PM
erin sorry to tell you ,but you can't dance !!!
August 24, 2004 01:16PM
Ok,
change dance to "super failed attempt to dance."

I'm supa-fly (read: supa-white).
August 24, 2004 01:45PM
aww erin i second everything you just said.
this summer f-ing rocked.
every monday morning, when everyone else at work would be complaining, i was like "WHOO-HOOO ITS MONDAY PEOPLE"....now there's something to be said for monday nights when the thought of them just makes your day a little brighter.
i cant believe its over.
thanks to everyone who made it happen.

*~katie~*
August 24, 2004 02:38PM
*begins clapping slowly*

Incredibly well said, Erin. This summer has been absolutely amazing. Not only have I had the chance to see my favorite band play anything and everything (EXCEPT FOR STILL HERE, GAH. LEARN IT, HAMPSON. LEARN IT BY SATURDAY. :-) ), but on a personal level, its been so amazing. Friendships have grown ten times closer (Erin and Katie. <33 you guys must be so sick of me by now), new friendships have grown (Jen! And who would've thought that I would be hanging out with Tierney before/after shows? <33), and my appreciation for the guys as people has grown in leaps and bounds (and it was already pretty damn high to begin with).

Anyway, I'm going to miss these shows like crazy. It's going to be so odd to not be really excited around the time Katie usually shows up at my door Monday nights, and it's going to be so odd not driving through Port Jeff to meet Christina at Starbucks....

Am ANXIOUSLY awaiting the show in October, and any and all solo shows John and Brian have lined up.

Thank you all for making this summer so amazing.

~lori~
August 24, 2004 02:51PM
YES!
October!

Happy birthday to me...SUMMER REVISITED!
August 24, 2004 03:31PM
AS ALWAYS

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
August 24, 2004 03:40PM
that was definately well put...i for one wasnt one of the dancers but hey it looked like that was fun, and no one said anyone has to be Good at dancing to do it, its about havin fun. These Monday nites rocked! and talk about some loyal fans! alot of us made every show or just about everyshow which is really awesome. I didnt talk to many people, only cuz im a quiet person but alot of u seem really awesome, thats all i had to say, and thanx to ninedays for stickin thru every monday nite (especially when the sound equipment was poopie)

*~Bernadette~*
August 24, 2004 03:45PM
Hey Bernadette, I have a really random question....

you wouldn't happen to be the girl who was standing next to me through most of the show, and who got wailed in the forehead by a copy of FTCJ that Brian threw into the crowd, would you? Heh.

~lori~
August 24, 2004 09:25PM
fishergirl819 wrote:

> Hey Bernadette, I have a really random question....
>
> you wouldn't happen to be the girl who was standing next to me
> through most of the show, and who got wailed in the forehead by
> a copy of FTCJ that Brian threw into the crowd, would you?
> Heh.
>

lori the girl who smiled the whole show??
August 25, 2004 06:58AM
Gah. And though I wasn't at any of them, I enjoyed hearing about them, and was happy for those that could go. And thanks to everyone who recorded little bits of video along the way, though you might not think we appreciate it, we do, very much.

~ Sofi ~

&quot;And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name.&quot;
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π