ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Saturday, August 28th

Posted by fishergirl819 

Saturday, August 28th
August 25, 2004 11:50AM
So I ran into John this morning, and got a little more info about Saturday's show...

The guys go on at 4:20, and will be playing for about an hour. John's got some passes, but he doesn't know all of the info regarding them yet, so he'll post about it later on in the week.

Anyone planning on going can read all about it at www.limaritime.org.

Katie - I hate to do this, especially on your last "nine days" show of the summer, but I'm going to *need* to get out of there by 5:30-5:45 if I want to be home by 6ish, and have time to get ready for the party I need to be at by 7...

~lori~
Re: Saturday, August 28th
August 25, 2004 01:25PM
Day Band Time
Sat 28th B-103 Presents... Strawberry Fields (Beatles Tribute Band) 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
Sat 28th Island 94.3 Presents... Nicole McKenna Band 3:00 - 3:50 p.m.
Sat 28th Island 94.3 Presents... Nine Days 4:20 - 5:30 p.m.
Sat 28th Island 94.3 Flashback Cafe Presents... Missing Persons w/ Dale Bozzio 6:00 - 7:15 p.m.

Limited VIP Seating for concert is available day of show.

http://www.limaritime.org/limm/index.htm

Post Edited (08-25-04 22:27)
August 25, 2004 01:43PM
tis ok lori im not positive on my plans yet as i might have talked one of the girls at work into comming...but we each had about 10 nutty irishmen tonight sooo.....

*~katie~*
August 25, 2004 01:50PM
You're such a silly little drunk, my dear. Do find what your plans are, and if you ended up inviting all of your coworkers, heh, so we can make preshow plans, and I can make parking plans with the woman I work with...

~lori~
August 25, 2004 01:50PM
yes yes i shall find out

*~katie~*
August 25, 2004 03:08PM
cant wait till this show...lived in this town my whole life but never saw music at this thing so i have no clue what to expect...is the VIP section in the way of us?

*~Bernadette~*
August 25, 2004 07:18PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
August 26, 2004 02:49PM
SO THIS IS WHERE U WENT. I HEARD FROM NOBODY TODAY sad smiley

more i find that all my reasons, for all my answers, i keep waiting........ 1! 2! 3! 4!
August 27, 2004 11:57AM
I'm going to be dorky and make a request. Heh.

So I've been getting into "Three" the past few days, listening to it pretty non-stop. If possible, I would love to hear Down With the Ship. :-) Preferrably in the first 20-30 minutes, since I'm probably going to have to leave early. :-/

~lori~
August 27, 2004 07:26PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
August 27, 2004 09:15PM
Down With The SHip..this is in my top 10 favorite Nine Days songs!
i love i
did they play it in the summer monday shows?

------------------------------
"now shut up and listen to the music!" by John Hampson

August 28, 2004 02:23AM
yes they did

*~katie~*
August 28, 2004 02:52AM
Did they? Is that the one that Lou harrassed John into playing the night it was just John for the first hour, and John was shocked and amazed he actually remembered the words?

That was Christina's first Monday night show...I was so excited to see her, some of the songs they played I've kinda forgotten. ;-)

~lori~
August 28, 2004 03:27AM
fishergirl819 wrote:

> Did they? Is that the one that Lou harrassed John into playing
> the night it was just John for the first hour, and John was
> shocked and amazed he actually remembered the words?
>
> That was Christina's first Monday night show...I was so excited
> to see her, some of the songs they played I've kinda forgotten.
> ;-)
>
>

you mean scott???
August 28, 2004 04:32AM
Yeah, I realized that about 20 minutes after I posted it that I meant Scott. Heh. Sorry. That was one of the weeks you weren't there, I think.

~lori~
August 28, 2004 09:19AM
Just a quick drive by post, because I gotta be at a wedding reception in, oh, 20 minutes....

Short set, but a really great one. It was cool to be at a show where there were no sound issues, heh. Figured we'd have to stand pretty far back because of the stupid VIP fenced off area, but the VIP dude was like EVERYBODY SITS VIP FOR FREE! YAY!

It was family day for the guys...everyone brought their respective girlfriends/wives/children (John's boys are SO FREAKIN' CUTE...and Nick's little one is gorgeous too...gah, such pretty babies)...

Got to talk to Jer beforehand, so yay for that. They opened w/ This Music, Things We Said, then Lost You...don't remember the order of everything else, but they did If I Am, Favorite Song, Bob Dylan, Reality TV, 29 Year Old Girls, 257...then attempted Stairway, which went into Story of a Girl...and closed with Watchtower....

Some dude was filming it (professionally filming it, don't know who he was with), but he had the camera on me and Katie for the beginning of Favorite Song, since we were the only ones singing along, hahahaha.

Anyway, good, solid show. Thoroughly enjoyed myself. Nice to see both John and Brian play their electrics. Felt bad I couldn't stay and talk more...Tierney, if you read this, I promise I'll be there Monday and hang out with you. :-)

~lori~
August 28, 2004 10:09AM
fishergirl819 wrote:

> ...Tierney, if you read this, I
> promise I'll be there Monday and hang out with you. :-)
>

when i see her tonight i'll tell her.
August 28, 2004 11:08AM
t'was a good show...lori and i killed john's 'whats brown and sticky' joke...for the most part the songs were g rated...john kept referring to the sponsoring radio station as LIR instead of THE ISLAND...john and nick babies were totally cute at their first show...sadness for there being chairs and hence no dancing...

*~katie~*
August 28, 2004 12:07PM
I had a great time, all the songs were great. It definitely sounded together today.....
Hey Lori, I was singing along to that one too since it is my favorite song....
The day was eventful....I just want to say thanks to John for embarrassing me in front of everyone....John was nice enough to pick me out in front of everyone to introduce myself when he wanted the crowd to get to know each other.....That was very embarrassing, I guess he remembered seeing my face every Monday day. Thanks for the embarrassing moment, but it'll definitely be something I won't forget.

"Never let the sun set on tomorrow before the sun rises today"
August 28, 2004 12:48PM
I loved the show, even though i can hardly hear brian's vocals (as usual). Maybe I sit too close!! It was good to see the regulars out today. Hope y'all got a DVD, I DID! HOPE TO SEE YOU MONDAY. I'll be there after the Yankee game. Thanx for bringing me, Joe and Jen!

more i find that all my reasons, for all my answers, i keep waiting........ 1! 2! 3! 4!
August 28, 2004 01:42PM
heyy not fair i didnt get to see anyones kids...damn oh well...the show was really good tho despite the fact that i got there late bc my friends suck and either couldnt come or i couldnt get in touch with (i came with my mommy) and then there was the parking thing, i walked like 2 miles from the car to the stage...and too bad i didnt know that i could get into the VIP section, maybe if i Got there on time haha Oh well...
I got to talk to John n Brian for a few seconds each haha and yea now i watch the dvd...very very good
Ill be going to the show on Monday...Brian sez something along the lines of well be crazy and have alot of fun cuz John wont be there...real nice haha

*~Bernadette~*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π