ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

a "Thank You", to the monday night crowd...

Posted by johnhampson 

a "Thank You", to the monday night crowd...
August 27, 2004 12:59AM
i was just reading some of the "Monday night" posts and i wanted to take a moment to thank all of you who made it something special...aside fomr all the technical issues we had week after week, it was ALOT of fun...and i cant think of a better way to end them than with all five of us playing 2 1/2 hours of old, new and in between songs...i know Lou videotaped a bunch of the shows and i am a little scared of how they may be viewed out of the context of the small, hot, smoke filled room called "the Village Pub"...where mistakes, random observations, forgetting MANY words and complaining about monitors not working are all mixed up with the magical moments...those of you who werent there, but are lucky enough to get a cool bootleg DVD should remember the spirit of the shows!!! everything goes...perfect shows are for jazz bands and lip sync-ing divas with hair extensions...

anyway, you all rocked as usual...

Brian is playing the next few Mondays so stay tuned...i am also booking some more 'solo' acoustic shows with Charlie on guitar...see you there.

john

Re: a "Thank You", to the monday night crowd...
August 27, 2004 03:34AM
rock on john we love ya's...those monday nights were killer...see ya tomorrow!

*~katie~*
Re: a
August 27, 2004 03:35AM
Aw, John.

The "mistakes, random observations, forgetting MANY words and complaining about monitors" were all magical moments in their own right. (Okay, maybe not the monitors stuff. heh) I know for me, personally, having to feed you guys the lyrics to certain songs was hysterical and made for some really memorable moments.

Anyway, you know this post is going to turn into a "You guys rock." "No, YOU guys rock." "You guys rock MORE" thread, which is totally cool, and yay! I get to be the second to say it (damn you katie for posting as I was typing!)

Thank you John! The only reason we were so into it and rocked out so much was because you guys were playing our favorite songs and kicking so much ass.

Can't wait to see Brian full band, and to get some more The-John-Hampson-Experience shows. :-)

Post Edited (08-27-04 12:36)

~lori~
August 27, 2004 03:37AM
JOHNNY, ITS DENNIS. YOU SPOILED ME, I WISH YOU CAN DO EVERY MONDAY AT THE PUB! WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET A BOOTLEG DVD? HOW MUCH? I GOTTA TELL YOU, I THINK YOU SHOULD RECORD "WATCHTOWER", (NO OFFENSE TO DYLAN). YOU GUYS DO THAT BEAUTIFULLY. I GOT A RIDE FROM JEN AND JOE TOMORROW, SO LORD WILLING, I'LL BE IN SAYVILLE IN THE FRONT, AS USUAL. IF NOT, HIT ME UP ON THE MESSAGE BOARD. TTYL

more i find that all my reasons, for all my answers, i keep waiting........ 1! 2! 3! 4!
August 27, 2004 05:31AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
August 27, 2004 06:32AM
johns a cool guy

i cant wait for my dvd either....

i miss LI and all you guys!!!!

I will be back soon!!!

<3 Tracy

I wonder what its like to be remembered- John Hampson
August 27, 2004 06:54AM
The Monday Nights are definitely going to be missed...I was so excited every Monday after work to go and see you guys. You definitely rocked every night...even if there were some problems along they way you managed to get through them. Each problem or great thing that came out of those Monday nights were all definitely memorable whether it was for a positive or a negative reason.
Can't wait to hear you guys on Saturday, I'll be there even though I'm sick sad smiley

&quot;Never let the sun set on tomorrow before the sun rises today&quot;
August 27, 2004 07:19AM
I miss nine days and i miss long island and i wish i would have been able to go to a monday night show sad smiley

I suck at being a Nine Days fan....
August 27, 2004 08:22AM
damm i didnt know that was a DVD...i thouth it was a file for computer in wmp format, like a normal video of a show...but i was wrong! it is a DVD!
AMAZING!
i cant wait for my, i hope it works in my dvd :-)

I was not there to complain the monday shows, we international fans just getting pissed off, hahahha, kidding. I got that u guys have a lot of technical problems and i love you cuz u did it just for us.

Nine Days cant support fans more than that, we do our best to support u guys too...keeping doing music, "u guys rock" (heheh) , thx a lot Nine Days

------------------------------
&quot;now shut up and listen to the music!&quot; by John Hampson

August 27, 2004 09:58PM
>perfect shows are for jazz bands and lip sync-ing divas with hair extensions...

grinning smiley

August 28, 2004 12:41AM
johnhampson wrote:

<i know Lou videotaped a bunch of the shows and i am a little scared of <how they may be viewed out of the context of the small, hot, smoke filled <room called "the Village Pub"...where mistakes, random observations, <forgetting MANY words and complaining about monitors not working are <all mixed up with the magical moments...those of you who werent there, <but are lucky enough to get a cool bootleg DVD
<

i don't like the word "bootleg", it's more of an UNCUT !!!! LOL
August 28, 2004 01:49PM
ever monday nite was totally worth going to, I never failed at having a good time thanx to u guys puttin on a great show despite any technical problem. I think everyone who came everyweek were really great people. Johns stories are the best! and I just love everything about the shows its sad to see that monday nites are basically over, its Ive grown accustomed to them...=)

*~Bernadette~*
August 29, 2004 10:40AM
All of the mistakes made it all golden.

Thank you again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π