ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

the downtown tonight!!

Posted by AngelaChase9days 

the downtown tonight!!
October 10, 2004 03:40PM
As usual the guys played an awesome set ... very energetic crowd, and no broken equipment!!

We thought we has a sighting of the sleeve of the FAME shirt, but alas it was just wishful thinking.

It was fun having lot of people at the place, but I think we all kinda missed the intimate shows at the village pub with 4 four sets =)

Anyways, for those that care heres the set list in no particular order:

Favorite Song
Wonderful
If I Am
Lost You
Revolve
She Won't Get Away
Old Friends
Bob Dylan
Marvelous
Absolutely (complete with Sweet Home Alabama interlude)
Good Friend
So Far Away (with Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall intro)
Re: the downtown tonight!!
October 10, 2004 03:44PM
Tonight was good. A little too short for my liking, but still extremely enjoyable. Songs ranged from Favorite Song to Lost You to Revolve to Old Friends (rock on, Brian's solo stuff!) to She Won't Get Away (awesome to hear that full band again) to Wonderful...good stuff.

Although the moshing by the young ones (like Erin's boyfriend <33) was a little out there. Moshing at a Nine Days show? No. Just...no. Crowd surfing at a Nine Days show? Nooo that's okay.

Anyway, it was nice to see the guys play again. It'd been far too long (almost 2 months, lol). We're so spoiled with these shows.

~lori~
October 10, 2004 03:52PM
I was dragged into that craziness!
WTF.
That's not how you rock Nine Days-style!

Anyways,
the sound was so good. I really enjoyed hearing a set with such exceptional sound so much that it was almost ok that it was so short. I really enjoyed this set. From the solo tunes to the full band tunes, it was all great. Things have been awful lately and I really needed this.
October 10, 2004 04:03PM
it was good , i taped it i might offer it . THE END

October 10, 2004 04:53PM
haha, tonight my friends was pretty amazing, everything about it, the adrenaline rush was insane... it didnt matter that it was short, it's just kinda of weird how one sec im listening to their cd and the next minute im sitting right in front of john, taking a photo with him...
xox

Post Edited (10-11-04 09:20)

you will think of me when you say that i do
October 10, 2004 10:49PM
WOOOW they played Absolutely covering Sweet Home Alabama agan??? roxxxxx! they did it on a old show, i have it on my computer, live, its realy nice.

pics?

------------------------------
&quot;now shut up and listen to the music!&quot; by John Hampson

October 11, 2004 12:57AM
Oh Erin, you know you so totally loved it when your underage boyfriend dragged you into the mosh pit.

And although we were all WTF???? over it, John and Brian sure seemed to get a kick out of the moshing. Heh.

~lori~
October 11, 2004 03:52AM
I DID NOT LOVE THAT!

THAT IS SOMETHING I COULD GET SUED FOR!
I'M LIKE TWICE THAT KIDS AGE!
October 11, 2004 04:40AM
thanks for the lost you

wish i coulda been there to actually see it...i miss everyone

*~katie~*
October 11, 2004 04:42AM
My pleasure, katie baby! Wish you could've been there too! Tierney was asking about you. I don't remember if I told you that in my super long rambly post-show voicemail, but yeah. She was asking where ya were.

~lori~
October 11, 2004 05:03AM
lol, i'll call you later and we can discuss everything i missed

*~katie~*
October 11, 2004 02:37PM
Diiiiiiiiiana. I'm disappointed in your setlisting skillz! You left off 29 Year Old Girls. :-(

~lori~
October 11, 2004 02:43PM
LMAO, I was one of the people moshing. It was so much fun, the crowd was so dead. Hardly anyone was even SMILING, so we had to have some fun. And why not crowd surfing? That's the best part of a show.

October 11, 2004 02:46PM
kellyisadork wrote:

> LMAO, I was one of the people moshing. It was so much fun, the
> crowd was so dead. Hardly anyone was even SMILING, so we had to
> have some fun. And why not crowd surfing? That's the best part
> of a show.
>

i have to look at the video ,but that should be on it .

October 11, 2004 10:46PM
O.o

i cant believe u recorded it!

PLEASE Lou...if u have recorded it, and can sell it somehow for me i will be so thankfull...

a question: did Jeremy play on it?

October 12, 2004 01:14AM
wwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy can't i come up anymore *cries* i miss it so bad.

i miss all my girls.... lori,katie fun no? did you do cotton eye joe dance?

October 12, 2004 01:38AM
:-(

No cotton eyed joe. Firstly, there was absolutely no room to do it (there were actual PEOPLE there. wtf? heh), and secondly, they didn't play Mexico! The bastards. :-)

~lori~
October 12, 2004 02:18AM
I tried so hard to get there and never made it sad smiley

Lou you have it taped!?!

&quot;I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me.&quot; Our Lady Peace
October 12, 2004 03:13AM
sadness
i miss you too christina.
i didn't go either, i had guests for the weekend so i stayed at school. we made plans before this show was announced. the guys really need to check with me before committing to a date. there was much nd dvd watching and mp3 listening though.

*~katie~*
October 12, 2004 08:03AM
Can I have a copy of the tape :-D?
October 12, 2004 12:55PM
Nine Days is meant for singing and dancing, none of this pseudo-moshing nonsense!
I was torn away from my singing and dancing for this pseudo-moshing nonsense!
October 12, 2004 03:41PM
"We thought we has a sighting of the sleeve of the FAME shirt"

He got rather sheepish when Tierney and I asked him if it was the FAME shirt......I don't believe that it wasn't. Ha

Anyway, I would like to point out John scared the **** out of me when I turned around to look at the moshers, and then i turned back and he was leaning over my shoulder........uh yea? As long as you don't run into me, mosh all you want. Other then that, the show was good.....the crowd was really young though.
October 12, 2004 04:40PM
when i d/l the video i'll see if i want to make copys. THE END

October 12, 2004 09:58PM
^^
yes sr.

October 12, 2004 11:27PM
>>I don't believe that it wasn't. Ha <<

He lifted up the brown striped shirt and showed us the one he was wearing underneath - definitely not the Fame shirt.

He apparently lent it to someone and never got it back. But a phone call to said someone was promised about getting it back. Heh.

~lori~
October 13, 2004 03:22AM
oh ha, i wasn't there for the shirt lifting, but ummm yea why would he lend out the FAME shirt? and to who?
October 13, 2004 04:28AM
haha he said it was during the blackout ... apparently one of the guys they were working with while recording flying the corporate jet couldn't get back into the city where he lives, so he went back to john's and john was all here you can wear this
October 13, 2004 04:28AM
to me MWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA jk

October 13, 2004 08:26AM
We have the name.
Don't worry, that shirt is coming home!
October 13, 2004 08:33AM
*wipes away tear*

Yes, it is coming home. Back where it belongs. We should have a welcome home party for it.

~lori~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π